/* */

PDA

View Full Version : There are places with barely any Islam

Reminder
08-30-2016, 02:22 AM
Before converting I lived and grew up in a medium-sized town of about 30,000 people and there was so little influence of Islam there was a kid my age named Hussain and I was so unknowledgable (as were almost all of my friends) I did not even know he was Muslim. He was a loner (the only real male Muslim in my high school) and there were 2 other popular Muslim girls with hijabs but other than that basically none and later I found out there were only 10-20 in the town.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Little_Lion
08-30-2016, 06:05 AM
I'm in a town of 22,000 people and to the best of my knowledge I am the only Muslim here. I think there was another Muslim family a few years ago, but I believe they moved away. There are two masjids within driving distance . . . the one 45 minutes away has been actively driving women out of being able to attend, and the other is about 100 miles away. Insha'Allah I will be able to start attending there once a month on Fridays once my disability goes through in a couple of months, as I cannot take Fridays off from work right now.

Interestingly enough, when I get "muslim" mail, like a package from Simply Islam or the like, it is always opened. So those "in power" know what I am even though I am not hijabi. ;) I find it amusing and just a case of small town, Midwest US paranoia. The nuns at the local convent and I get along great, though.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.