/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Have I transgressed beyond the pale of Islam?

mezzi_sohal
08-30-2016, 10:41 PM
Salam.
I have been suffering from waswas for a long time, but now it is getting difficult to bare. Shaytan is telling me things I can not even think to tell you...shirk thoughts in particular. I have never worshipped anyone but Allah, but I keep feeling like I did. Even when I see my own reflection. I know I haven't worshipped anything but Allah but still I feel like I am committing shirk with my thoughts. Usually when i feel close to Allah, I feel happy and elated inside and I csn ignore waswas, but not anymore. I just feel defeated by these thoughts and that I have disappointed Allah too much. What can I do? Am I going to be punished for these thoughts?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mustafa16
08-30-2016, 11:16 PM
You will not be punished for these thoughts, and remember, these thoughts come from shaytaan, so seek refuge in allah and recite 3 quls and ayat al kursi (surah ikhlas, surah nas, and surah falaq and the Throne Verse) frequently and that should help.....

Kiro
08-30-2016, 11:56 PM
Listen to Surah Baqarah everyday

Little_Lion
08-31-2016, 12:49 AM
The very fact that you are still worried about disappointing Allah means that Shaytaan has not won - you are winning. Keep fighting the waswas. It will be difficult, no doubt. But fight back harder, as hard as you can. Keep up your prayers. When you have a bad period, recite Qur'an. Read it as often as you can. Show Shaytaan that he is not going to take your love for Allah away from you and that he CANNOT win as long as you keep fighting.

You will win this, insha'Allah!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jamalmichi
08-31-2016, 03:46 AM
I know how you feel. I making dua for you. Inshallah

mezzi_sohal
08-31-2016, 07:47 AM
What happened was shaytan was whispering to me, trying to make me feel superior. Instantly, I did duas testifying the oneness of Allah. However it happened again and I just ignored it. Now I feel nothing. Not even waswas. What does this mean? Have I finally overcome the waswas? I also know that waswas only happens to people who are close and loved by Allah because He wants to test them. Because waswas has stopped, does Allah no longer love me?

Eric H
08-31-2016, 08:08 AM
Greetings and peace be with you mezzi_sohal;

Life is just so full of challenges, you can have a violent argument with someone and feel real anger, and you see a big knife on the table, there are always choices.

An old Indian story is of the boy who is feeling troubled between good and evil. His grandfather explains, inside everyone of us are two wolves that are always fighting, one wolf is the kind and caring wolf, the other is the greedy, scheming and evil wolf.
The boy asks, which wolf wins?
The grandfather said, the wolf you choose to feed, and you do have a choice. the more you feed one wolf, the stronger it becomes, the other wolf starves and becomes weaker, but it never really dies, it is always waiting in the background to be fed.

Life is a journey always one day at a time, we have to continuously strive to seek the goodness of Allah, but the more we turn to him, the stronger we become. Fight all battles with kindness and this will bring us closer to Allah, pray for help to do the will of Allah.

blessings

Eric

M.I.A.
08-31-2016, 01:45 PM
waswas isn't complicated..

I had a thought running in my head and it bothered me a long time.. something so fundamentally corrupt that I tried to make sense of it.

and then it happened.

someone I know that is a lot younger than me and a lot fresher than me..

aired the same thing I thought, although rather nievely and without intent..

so I finally answered the thought.

for him it may have literally passed him by..

but something will remember for a long time.

serenity... should your signature say attributing rather than distributing...

sorry if I'm wrong.

Serinity
08-31-2016, 01:55 PM
:salam:

I am going through the exact same thing. Battled waswass, and stuff. All I can say is, don't heed the waswass, and DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, argue with the waswass. Do not act on them, do not believe in them, do not give benefit of the doubt.

you know worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah makes one a complete disbeliever, without doubt. End it there, seek Allah's protection. Know that there does not pass a SINGLE second, or a milisecond except that we need the Protection of Allah. Without it, we are vulnerable.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

mezzi_sohal
09-01-2016, 02:40 PM
Just now I said Alhamdulillah (out loud) whilst looking at a person thinking "It doesn't matter if my intention was to direct it to her - I can just ignore it as waswas." I feel like it was my actual intention to say Alhamdulillah to her instead of Allah, and I am sure it was my own thinking rather than waswas. I think I have actually committed shirk this time. I tried my hardest to repent but I am in public. How do I know if this was waswas or my own intention?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.