/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Still support President Erdogan after reading this??

Mustafa16
08-30-2016, 10:54 PM
Friends of family just came over today, and they had just fled Turkey for the United States, and they were traumatized....the whole time they were in Turkey, they were afraid to leave their homes for fear of being lynched.....they could only go out at night......they also knew a young man who was riding in a taxi, and when the taxi driver asked what university he went to, and the young man answered with the name of a Gulenist private college, the taxi drivers stopped the car and brutally beat him.....one of the family friends also said that the police had been informed that if they know anyone who is gulenist, to report it, and to prevent them from buying a home.....they also said that whenever a gulenist would give out a loan, and then later ask for it, the person would say, "I don't owe you anything, FETO (government given name to gulen movement, and slur for gulenists), and if you don't give me two hundred more dollars ill report you to the police...."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mustafa16
08-30-2016, 11:14 PM
http://turkeypurge.com/erdogans-chie...cough-up-blood

kritikvernunft
08-31-2016, 04:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
... police had been informed that if they know anyone who is gulenist, to report it, and to prevent them ...
If the situation lends itself to denunciations, you can reasonably expect that lots of people will start denouncing and accusing other people, simply because they don't like them. It was the same in nazi Germany. You could always solve a problem by claiming that the other person was a Jew or a communist. There is nothing that Erdogan can do about it any longer. He wanted to scapegoat Gulen and his followers. Most people who will get into trouble, will most likely not be Gulenists, but just people with enemies, and these enemies will bear false witness against them.

The question is not even whether a Gulenist is good or bad. It does not even matter. The real question is: How do you even know that someone would be a Gulenist? You can expect accusations of Gulenism to immediately become a dangerous tool that people would use to get even with their enemies, as soon as you declare Gulenism to be evil. Erdogan has created a tool that people can use to arbitrarily attack their enemies. If Erdogan did not know that this situation would run out of control, then he is incompetent. If Erdogan knew, then he is evil.

darkbro
08-31-2016, 07:26 AM
Trust your feeling in this age of fitna..

Read Al-Kahfi and its meaning every thursday night..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
08-31-2016, 07:50 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Mustafa16;

I admire you speaking out, but just a word of caution, Mr Erdogan probably has armies of computer geeks trawling the net for signs of rebellion. We don't want you to disappear one day.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people.

Eric

Mustafa16
08-31-2016, 11:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Mustafa16;

I admire you speaking out, but just a word of caution, Mr Erdogan probably has armies of computer geeks trawling the net for signs of rebellion. We don't want you to disappear one day.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people.

Eric
I live in the United States, and I don't plan on going to Turkey until things get better....I should be fine

aaj
08-31-2016, 01:43 PM
The gluenist were behind the coup and lot of people were killed because of them. President Erdogon didn't become president twice if it wasn't by popular vote. Majority Turks support their president, which is why they came out in streets to stop the coup when he called for them, unlike the arabs who abandon Morsi when he needed them. Turkey is a 99% Muslim majority nation that was turned to secular by the jew Kemal. Many of his loyal secularists are still trying to keep the Muslims secular and oppose anyone who tries to do otherwise. Gluenist had their own agendas. What evil befalling them (innocent or not) is because of what their movement did. What they did was treason, let's not take that lightly. That carries a death penalty in all if not most nations. So naturally the followers of that movement will feel some backlash. It d doesn't necessarily mean Erodogan is behind it or is condoning it. People are not happy, that is all. Instead of asking "still support erdogan" when you should be asking "still support Gluenist" ?

Mustafa16
08-31-2016, 01:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
The gluenist were behind the coup and lot of people were killed because of them. President Erdogon didn't become president twice if it wasn't by popular vote. Majority Turks support their president, which is why they came out in streets to stop the coup when he called for them, unlike the arabs who abandon Morsi when he needed them. Turkey is a 99% Muslim majority nation that was turned to secular by the jew Kemal. Many of his loyal secularists are still trying to keep the Muslims secular and oppose anyone who tries to do otherwise. Gluenist had their own agendas. What evil befalling them (innocent or not) is because of what their movement did. What they did was treason, let's not take that lightly. That carries a death penalty in all if not most nations. So naturally the followers of that movement will feel some backlash. It d doesn't necessarily mean Erodogan is behind it or is condoning it. People are not happy, that is all. Instead of asking "still support erdogan" when you should be asking "still support Gluenist" ?
gulenists were not behind the coup...in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Erdogan was behind it.

Serinity
08-31-2016, 01:59 PM
:salam:

Is it wrong for me to feel sorry for the gulenists? Although I do not find it right, at all, to call oneself "gulenist"

Mustafa16
08-31-2016, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
:salam:

Is it wrong for me to feel sorry for the gulenists? Although I do not find it right, at all, to call oneself "gulenist"
it's not wrong at all, considering we're innocent of all the accusations against us.....

kritikvernunft
08-31-2016, 02:08 PM
So naturally the followers of that movement will feel some backlash.
Ha, no. Everybody who has spiteful enemies will feel the backlash. In Turkey, it is time to get even now and stab everybody in the back, whom you do not like. The victims will suddenly find themselves promoted to "Gulenist", and find themselves punished for something that they may only vaguely have heard about. In fact, if it is true that the real Gulenists are dangerous plotters, they will undoubtedly escape. In that case, it is even them who will excel at denouncing other people for Gulenism. That is certainly what I would do! ;-)

aaj
08-31-2016, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kritikvernunft
Ha, no. Everybody who has spiteful enemies will feel the backlash. In Turkey, it is time to get even now and stab everybody in the back, whom you do not like. The victims will suddenly find themselves promoted to "Gulenist", and find themselves punished for something that they may only vaguely have heard about. In fact, if it is true that the real Gulenists are dangerous plotters, they will undoubtedly escape. In that case, it is even them who will excel at denouncing other people for Gulenism. That is certainly what I would do! ;-)
Of course what I said isn't entirely the case by itself, there are other elements that will play into this as you mentioned above. Others will use this opportunity to extract revenge on their enemies or criminals extort and manipulate the situation to their advantage.

gulenists were not behind the coup...in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Erdogan was behind it.
Brother, do some research. His enemies would have you believe that to be the case. His house was bombed as well by the army, only reason he survived was because he was on vacation. You seem to be anti-Erdogan and pro gluenist, but regardless I would suggest doing some research on this. Erdogan has lot of enemies because he's doing something good for the Muslims.

Mustafa16
08-31-2016, 02:50 PM

Brother, do some research. His enemies would have you believe that to be the case. His house was bombed as well by the army, only reason he survived was because he was on vacation. You seem to be anti-Erdogan and pro gluenist, but regardless I would suggest doing some research on this. Erdogan has lot of enemies because he's doing something good for the Muslims.
how does banning gulenists from having homes, firing teachers from their jobs, beating young men who go to gulenist colleges, lynching people, and extorting people possibly be a just punishment for people who had nothing to do with the coup? let's say you're right, and gulen is a cia agent or terrorist or mason or whatever, and the gulen movement is an armed terrorist organization....you have to keep in mind the gulen movement has a hierarchy, and those at the bottom don't know anything about a terrorist wing (Otuken) of their jamaat....and thus they don't deserve to be treated this way, rather, they deserve to be punished in the rule of law for any offenses they DO commit, and to be educated on the nature of their group.....

aaj
08-31-2016, 04:19 PM
how does banning gulenists from having homes, firing teachers from their jobs, beating young men who go to gulenist colleges, lynching people, and extorting people possibly be a just punishment for people who had nothing to do with the coup? let's say you're right, and gulen is a cia agent or terrorist or mason or whatever, and the gulen movement is an armed terrorist organization....you have to keep in mind the gulen movement has a hierarchy, and those at the bottom don't know anything about a terrorist wing (Otuken) of their jamaat....and thus they don't deserve to be treated this way, rather, they deserve to be punished in the rule of law for any offenses they DO commit, and to be educated on the nature of their group.....
I didn't say it makes it right or everything that follows will be in the right. I just said every action has a reaction. Attempting a treasonous coup and killing so many people in the process is something that would get a strong reaction.

sister herb
08-31-2016, 04:53 PM
The gluenist were behind the coup and lot of people were killed because of them.
From which source this information is coming? Think twice for whose news you believe. Those whose support Erdogan, prefer of course the news sources which are positive for him and opponents naturally are looking for their news from the opposite sites.

I don´t follow much news from this conflict. Have gulenists by themselves admitted that they really planned the coup or what?

If not, can we ever hope to get any real proof that gulenists were behind of the coup? If mr. Erdogan says so, I wouldn´t believe kind of news (as it´s half of the job of politicians to blame their opponents).

Mustafa16
08-31-2016, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
From which source this information is coming? Think twice for whose news you believe. Those whose support Erdogan, prefer of course the news sources which are positive for him and opponents naturally are looking for their news from the opposite sites.

I don´t follow much news from this conflict. Have gulenists by themselves admitted that they really planned the coup or what?

If not, can we ever hope to get any real proof that gulenists were behind of the coup? If mr. Erdogan says so, I wouldn´t believe kind of news (as it´s half of the job of politicians to blame their opponents).
sister, gulenists, including mr. gulen himself, have denied involvement in the coup....mr gulen condemned the coup in the strongest terms.....

sister herb
08-31-2016, 05:19 PM
because he's doing something good for the Muslims.
Like what? ^o)

sister herb
08-31-2016, 05:31 PM
it's not wrong at all, considering we're innocent of all the accusations against us.....
Do you think that some Erdogan supporter now believes the innocence of them - only because they say they are innocent and that all this coup is a plan of Erdogan himself - because gulenists say so?

Well, I don´t think so. Both parties believe only for those news and words they want to believe.

aaj
08-31-2016, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Like what? ^o)
unbanning kemalist hijab ban.

here's a few others worth reading.

http://muslimmatters.org/2013/06/17/...he-protesters/

sister herb
08-31-2016, 06:32 PM
I know about this unbanning ban of hijabs. Now there is a president who has done something good for the Muslims but who also has started the hunt of his political opponents (I refer to those brutal acts against Turkish civilians which br Mustafa16 mentioned in his posts) and whose party also has had corruption scandals, who has started to co-operate with Israel for example.

Are all those violations some kind of "price" what Turkish people have to "pay" for getting a president who has removed a hijab ban?

If I remember right, Erdogan and gulenists were good friends before but after the corruption scandal, he wanted to turn the public´s attention away from his party´s misconducts.

aaj
09-01-2016, 01:21 PM
They were best friends, they became enemies after the president nationalized all schools. This affected the other guy because he has a big business of having private schools and universities. This was the main reason of their fallout. Regarding corruption, yes there is corruption in every government. While you try to employ good people to your party/gov't, it doesn't mean they all will be good nor can you baby sit everyone and makes sure they are not corrupt. But as long as corruption is being dealt with and not covered up then it's a move in a good direction.

I think you didn't read the link, anyways what the minority think of him is really mute considered to the support of the majority. That's what we call democracy, right?

darkbro
09-01-2016, 01:47 PM
They were best friends, they became enemies after the president nationalist all schools. This affected the other guy because he has a big business of having private schools and universities. This was the main reason of their fallout. Regarding corruption, yes there is corruption in every government. While you try to employ good people to your party/gov't, it doesn't mean they all will be good nor can you baby sit everyone and makes sure they are not corrupt. But as long as corruption is being dealt with and not covered up then it's a move in a good direction.

I think you didn't read the link, anyways what the minority think of him is really mute considered to the support of the majority. That's what we can democracy, right?
just be patient with western media readers ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.