/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What wrong did Satan do exactly?

500yardsoffo
08-31-2016, 07:07 AM
1. He didnt obey Allah when Allah ordered him to prostrate to Hz Adam?
2. He thought creatures of fire are superior to creatures of mud. So someone created from fire should not prostrate someone created from mud?

What was Satans sin. 1 or 2?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
darkbro
08-31-2016, 07:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 500yardsoffo
1. He didnt obey Allah when Allah ordered him to prostrate to Hz Adam?
2. He thought creatures of fire are superior to creatures of mud. So someone created from fire should not prostrate someone created from mud?

What was Satans sin. 1 or 2?
You mean Iblis? (or Iblees? I prefer Iblis)
It's not Satan.

Allah created Adam from mud and blown His Ruh to Adam. Then ordered all angels to prostrate to Adam.
Iblis rejected, because he didnt want to prostrate. That is his sin. So number 1 is his sin. Number 2 is just his reason.

500yardsoffo
08-31-2016, 07:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by darkbro
You mean Iblis? (or Iblees? I prefer Iblis)
It's not Satan.

Allah created Adam from mud and blown His Ruh to Adam. Then ordered all angels to prostrate to Adam.
Iblis rejected, because he didnt want to prostrate. That is his sin. So number 1 is his sin. Number 2 is just his reason.
His action was totally wrong (he didnt obey Allah) but was his reason understandble?

Umm Abed
08-31-2016, 09:12 AM
His action was totally wrong (he didnt obey Allah) but was his reason understandble?
It was pride and jealousy and disobedience.

His reason is not acceptable because he shouldve totally submit to Allah swt with happiness.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
500yardsoffo
08-31-2016, 09:15 AM
Lets take a hypothetical case..If someone other than Allah told Iblees to prostate to someone created from mud. And iblees denies..is his reason right in this case?

500yardsoffo
08-31-2016, 09:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
It was pride and jealousy and disobedience.

His reason is not acceptable because he shouldve totally submit to Allah swt with happiness.
Lets take a hypothetical case..If someone other than Allah told Iblees to prostate to someone created from mud. And iblees denies..is his reason right in this case?

Umm Abed
08-31-2016, 09:17 AM
It would depend on the reason, so if it is because of hatred, jealousy and pride then obviously no.

Just to clarify, one cannot make sajdah to any besides Allah.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-31-2016, 09:18 AM
Iblees was a racist and he was arrogant. He disobeyed Allaah Ta`aalaa on account of his racism and arrogance.

He said that the race of the Jinn is superior to the race of the humans - Racism.

He felt that he was better than Aadam عليه السلام, the Malaa'ikah and everyone else. He felt he was the "best" - Arrogance.

Shaytaan was the first racist.

500yardsoffo
08-31-2016, 09:18 AM
It would depend on the reason, so if it is because of hatred, jealousy and pride then obviously no.

It was not hatred i think..in Quran it says that iblees didnt prostrate because he thought jinns are superior

Umm Abed
08-31-2016, 09:19 AM
It was not hatred i think..in Quran it says that iblees didnt prostrate because he thought jinns are superior
Feeling of superiority denotes pride.

500yardsoffo
08-31-2016, 09:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
Iblees was a racist and he was arrogant. He disobeyed Allaah Ta`aalaa on account of his racism and arrogance.

He said that the race of the Jinn is superior to the race of the humans - Racism.

He felt that he was better than Aadam عليه السلام, the Malaa'ikah and everyone else. He felt he was the "best" - Arrogance.

Thanks for answering...now i get it..and also tell me another thing..in Islam..humans are asraf al makhluqaat..meaning..better than all creations...is'nt it racism?

500yardsoffo
08-31-2016, 09:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam

And also what is your definition of 'arrogance' ?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-31-2016, 09:24 AM
No one besides Allaah Ta`aalaa can give such a command.

It is a simple matter:

Whatever Allaah Ta`aalaa tells us to do, we do, without questioning. Any thought of "Shirk" etc. falls away. The Commands of Allaah Ta`aalaa are just to be carried out. That is true "Love" of Allaah.

Some of the Hukamaa (Wise Men) of Tasawwuf said:

There is an `Aalim (A person who has `Ilm), an `Aabid (person who worships Allaah), an `Aarif (person who knows Allaah), and an `Aashiq (a Lover of Allaah).

They say that Shaytaan was an `Aalim, an `Aabid, and even an `Aarif. But he was not an "`Aashiq", and that was his downfall. He never Loved Allaah Ta`aalaa, ever.

والله أعلم

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-31-2016, 09:26 AM
And also what is your definition of 'arrogance' ?
Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم defined arrogance as follows:

الكبر بطر الحق وغمط الناس

"Arrogance/Pride is to reject the Truth and look down on people."

Meaning, you consider other people to be inferior to you. This is arrogance.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-31-2016, 09:28 AM
Thanks for answering...now i get it..and also tell me another thing..in Islam..humans are asraf al makhluqaat..meaning..better than all creations...is'nt it racism?
It's not racism. If you yourself feel that you are better than other people, then that is racism. If Allaah Ta`aalaa has declared that human beings are the noblest of creation, then that is the Wisdom of Allaah Ta`aalaa and we are honoured.

darkbro
08-31-2016, 09:40 AM

In the age of Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم , yes.

But beforehand? We see angels prostrated to Adam.
Yusuf and family prostrated to Yakub.

And he raised his parents upon the throne, and they bowed to him in prostration. And he said, "O my father, this is the explanation of my vision of before. My Lord has made it reality. And He was certainly good to me when He took me out of prison and brought you [here] from bedouin life after Satan had induced [estrangement] between me and my brothers. Indeed, my Lord is Subtle in what He wills. Indeed, it is He who is the Knowing, the Wise. [Yusuf:100]

In Iblis case, it is simply because of arrogancy. Just it.

darkbro
08-31-2016, 09:42 AM
And [mention] when We said to the angels, "Prostrate before Adam"; so they prostrated, except for Iblees. He refused and was arrogant and became of the disbelievers. [2:34]

Umm Abed
08-31-2016, 10:24 AM
Yes at a later stage Allah swt prohibited bowing to anyone else other than Allah Himself.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.