/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what my intention was

mezzi_sohal
08-31-2016, 03:22 PM
I was reading shahada to try and fight waswas but on my mind was even more waswas regarding my intentions of reading shahada and getting distracted before. I was basically questioning my intentions of reading shahada at one time whilst reading it again. Does this ruin the intention or purity of when I was reading it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Abed
08-31-2016, 04:14 PM
Sister, try not to fight the waswasa, it just becomes more difficult.

What you need to do is let go of your thoughts, not fight them; as obviously its not from you yourself but rather the evil whispers, in that way you will feel relieved.

mezzi_sohal
08-31-2016, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Sister, try not to fight the waswasa, it just becomes more difficult.

What you need to do is let go of your thoughts, not fight them; as obviously its not from you yourself but rather the evil whispers, in that way you will feel relieved.
I know I should try to forget it...but I always say astaghfirullah and shahada and the dua for shirk just to make sure. I know that I should simply ignore it and move on but what if Allah takes this as laziness? However, I do agree that overthinking it leads to more of these thoughts. I was, for example, trying to convince myself that I didn't commit shirk, and in doing this, I thought "If I was really committing shirk, I would have said to this object "Oh my lord, give me this, this and this." I immediatey stopped for fear thst this was ultimately committment of shirk. Through attempting to clear my doubts, I created further doubts. Did I commit shirk in this instance as I intentionally thought of an example of what shirk is but without actually believing it?

Serinity
08-31-2016, 07:24 PM
:salam:

Sis, I've-am going through - somewhat, the same thing as you. Know this:

A Muslim is one who Worships Allah alone, and Him only. Allah commanded you to worship Him alone, that is the command, ONLY Him :swt:. That is what Allah says in the Qur'aan.

Worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah, no matter who he is, is disbelief, and makes one a disbeliever 100%. Worship includes all kinds, from dua, to prostration,to calling upon, etc.

So know that in Islam:

we are strict pure monotheists, we worship none but Allah, that is what makes us Muslims - worshipping Allah alone, affirming His Oneness, etc. Oneness of Lordship, which means, Lordship is for Allah alone.

Allah commands you to only good - to ask Him, to worship Him, to rely on Him, alone. without it (worshipping Allah alone, affirming Oneness, etc.) we wouldn't be Muslims, cuz that is what makes us Muslims.

So put them thoughts to rest: you know what shirk is, that the Qur'an forbids it completely, and that it takes one out of the fold of Islam.

Sorry for not helping.

Allahu alam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.