/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What will happen to me and my dad?

mezzi_sohal
08-31-2016, 09:51 PM
As you all probably know by now, I have been suffering from waswas. The first thing I did was read on the Internet about the matter and I came to this information: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Allah will forgive my ummah (followers) for any insinuating whispers that may cross their minds, so long as they do not act upon it or speak of it.”
I decided I needed some more advice from someone I knew, so I approached my mum. I was not explicit in explaining what these thoughts entailed, but my mother did not know what to say. She decided to tell me to ask my dad for help instead. Now when I went to my dad, I still remembered vaguely that I should not speak of these thoughts. My dad was asking what kinds of thoughts I was having. Though I can not be certain, I am sure I did say to my dad something like "we're not supposed to talk about it." But my dad seemed to think otherwise and so I told him the nature of my thoughts. He said shirk is only when you find an idol, and worship it alongside Allah, or instead of Allah. By this logic he believes that simply talking about thoughts regarding it and rejecting them with my heart and when speaking about them is not shirk. Because of this, I believed it was acceptable for me to ask on this and several other forums about specific thoughts I have been having.
So now I am worried because;
A) I don't want to be punished for speaking about these thoughts despite knowing I shouldn't. Will repentance be enough to save me from hell? If not, what is the punishment for speaking about it? Is it equivalent to actually committing shirk intentionally?

B) I don't want my dad to go to hell. I know he knows more about Islam than I currently do - he is 30 years older. However, I feel like I should've avoided talking about the nature of my thoughts, and looked for and showed him the quote. Will he be punished too for not knowing this and unintentionally misguiding me?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Abed
09-01-2016, 08:40 AM
Allah will forgive my ummah (followers) for any insinuating whispers that may cross their minds, so long as they do not act upon it or speak of it.

I would like a scholarly opinion on the above hadith and in what context does it mean regarding not speaking about it. @Huzaifah bin Adam.

Other than that, sister, you didnt commit any shirk, you're worrying too much, you've not done anything bad purposefully so Allah swt forgives and knows your condition.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-01-2016, 10:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Allah will forgive my ummah (followers) for any insinuating whispers that may cross their minds, so long as they do not act upon it or speak of it.

I would like a scholarly opinion on the above hadith and in what context does it mean regarding not speaking about it. @Huzaifah bin Adam.

Other than that, sister, you didnt commit any shirk, you're worrying too much, you've not done anything bad purposefully so Allah swt forgives and knows your condition.
عن أبي هريرة - رضي الله عنه - أن رسول الله - صلى الله عليه وسلم - قال (إن الله تجاوز عن أمتي ما حدثت به نفسها، ما لم تعمل به أو تتكلم))؛ متفق عليه

Hadhrat Abu Hurayrah رضي الله عنه narrates that Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "Allaah has forgiven my Ummah (i.e. He will not take them to task) for whatever crosses their mind, so long as they do not act upon it or speak it." [Muttafaqun `Alayhi, i.e. Narrated in both Saheeh al-Bukhaari and Saheeh Muslim.]

The Muhaddithoon (Hadeeth Masters) have explained this Hadeeth by saying that whatever evil thoughts crosses the mind of a person, Allaah Ta`aalaa will not take them to task for that, provided they do not act upon it, and also, they should not speak it. So for example, Shaytaan puts some Kufr or Shirk thoughts into the mind of a person; he or she will not be taken to task for this at all, provided they 1) Do not act upon that thought by leaving the Deen of Islaam or by committing Shirk, and 2) They do not speak those Kufr and Shirk things out to people. They should simply ignore them.

Speaking out things of Shirk and Kufr whispered by Shaytaan would only encourage him. It must be avoided.

An example is given: Shaytaan puts some evil thoughts (Gheebah; backbiting) about a person in your mind. You will not be taken to this for this provided you do not speak this Gheebah out. If you just ignore it, you will not be taken to task.

May Allaah Ta`aalaa grant all of us Shifaa and protect us from the Wasaawis of Shaytaan, Aameen.

والله تعالى أعلم

والسلام

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-01-2016, 10:28 AM
The following website gives some information and remedies with regards to Wasaawis:

https://islamqa.info/en/12315

https://islamqa.info/en/25778

https://islamqa.info/en/62839

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Abed
09-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Jazakallah for your detailed and beautiful explanation there, what would this forum be without you may Allah swt increase your knowledge and reward you and the scholars who give their time to others,:jz: @Huzaifah ibn Adam.

People suffering from waswasa is very common, as we can see it right here, and their minds go in cycles thinking and fighting these thoughts that is why its become so difficult for them, yet the treatment is very easy as shown in the hadith. So, not speaking about the thoughts is to ignore them.

I also dont want to discourage people from asking also as they find themselves in a real awkward situation, and to deal with the thoughts one have to be strong that it will be overcome and that shaitan cannot win.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-01-2016, 11:11 AM
آمين يا رب العالمين

جزاك الله خيراً, أختي

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.