/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if this was waswas or if I actually committed shirk this time...

mezzi_sohal
09-01-2016, 03:04 PM
Just now I said Alhamdulillah (out loud) whilst looking at a person thinking "It doesn't matter if my intention was to direct it to her - I can just ignore it as waswas." I feel like it was my actual intention to say Alhamdulillah to her instead of Allah, and I am sure it was my own thinking rather than waswas. I think I have actually committed shirk this time. I tried my hardest to repent but I am in public. How do I know if this was waswas or my own intention?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-01-2016, 03:07 PM
No one would actually direct "Alhamdulillaah" at a person, because it would not make sense in any case. Alhamdulilaah itself means "All praises belong to Allaah (Alone)", so it cannot be directed at any person.

Just ignore it, sister. It is simply Shaytaan trying to trouble you.

mezzi_sohal
09-01-2016, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
No one would actually direct "Alhamdulillaah" at a person, because it would not make sense in any case. Alhamdulilaah itself means "All praises belong to Allaah (Alone)", so it cannot be directed at any person.

Just ignore it, sister. It is simply Shaytaan trying to trouble you.
Brother, when I said it, I felt like I wasn't even thinking of Allah; I was thinking if I just said Alhamdulillah to this sister, I could just blame it on waswas. In regards to your reply, does this mean I ultimately was calling this woman Allah (astaghfirullah).

mezzi_sohal
09-01-2016, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mezzi_sohal
Brother, when I said it, I felt like I wasn't even thinking of Allah; I was thinking if I just said Alhamdulillah to this sister, I could just blame it on waswas. In regards to your reply, does this mean I ultimately was calling this woman Allah (astaghfirullah).
Also, I have said the dua for shirk several times but I am still terrified...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-01-2016, 03:20 PM
No, you weren't. Shaytaan wants to make you think that is what happened. Whenever such thoughts cross your mind, just say "Astaghfirullaah", recite the Ta`awwudh, and say "Aamantu Billaahi wa Rusulih."

mezzi_sohal
09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
No, you weren't. Shaytaan wants to make you think that is what happened. Whenever such thoughts cross your mind, just say "Astaghfirullaah", recite the Ta`awwudh, and say "Aamantu Billaahi wa Rusulih."
Okay. But if this - supplication to another person and blaming it on waswas is not shirk, then what is?

Umm Abed
09-01-2016, 03:24 PM

لا حَوْلَ وَلا قُوَّةَ إِلا بِالله

You can also read the above ^.

mezzi_sohal
09-02-2016, 08:42 AM
How can I be sure that it was shaitan though? How can I be certain that it was not my own intention, but shaitan telling me that is my intention? How can I know I did nothing wrong, and it was all the fault of shaitan?

Umm Abed
09-02-2016, 09:32 AM
How can I be sure that it was shaitan though? How can I be certain that it was not my own intention, but shaitan telling me that is my intention? How can I know I did nothing wrong, and it was all the fault of shaitan?
If you cant be sure it was shaitan then that in itself shows it is from shaitan. All the doubts are from the devil so dont be bothered by it.

mezzi_sohal
09-02-2016, 09:45 AM
I'm trying so hard but struggling so much to ignore it...I spoke to my parents about it and they said to ignore it because it happens to everyone. For a while I could ignore it, but I woke up this morning with it on my mind. Every time I look at my family, I think to myself "I wish I could be like them...they've never committed a sin like this." I saw some of my childhood pictures today and sobbed because I want to go back to those times, and not worry about something like this. What if on the Day of Judgement, Allah asks me what my intention was, and ultimately, my intention was to say Alhamdulillah to that person? That would mean I shouldn't have ignored it and rather have repented all the time for it. I know only Allah is worthy of my thanks, and I believe 100% that Allah is the one and only God, but I can not shake the feeling that I was worshipping someone else. If this is not worshipping someone else, can you give me an example of what would be? If it was my intention, would this be enough to make me a non Muslim?

mezzi_sohal
09-02-2016, 09:50 AM
I am now also having thoughts like "I am hopeless...why I am I still trying so hard to be a Muslim...I will never get to Paradise now..." I am still trying to hold on to my faith, and will never give it up, but these thoughts are persisting.

Umm Abed
09-02-2016, 10:58 AM
I am now also having thoughts like "I am hopeless...why I am I still trying so hard to be a Muslim...I will never get to Paradise now..." I am still trying to hold on to my faith, and will never give it up, but these thoughts are persisting.
Why are you giving in to shaitan, sister? It is not right to worry so much. You asked how do you know if a person is worshipping something else besides Allah. Such a person will be certain in their deviation and will have no doubt of whosoever they want to worship. Here, you are struggling with your thoughts and wondering if you did wrong, but you did not.

Also, dont struggle to banish the thoughts. Just leave them, and then they'l go away eventually. So, no more struggling to ignore. Just leave as is.

Serinity
09-02-2016, 01:10 PM
I am going through the same thing as you. But with different variants.

All you can do is recite Quran and ask Allah to guide you, and rid you off waswass.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.