/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Maliki position on 2D images

Kiro
09-01-2016, 03:20 PM
The majority opinion as far as I know is that all types of images are haram: both 2D and 3D. However, there is a different opinion (or difference of opinion to say) that exists that only 3D is haram and this is present in the Maliki fiqh.

My intention here is just so more people are aware of this opinion and might give a second thought that this person might be following this opinion when scrutinising someone.

I'm just going to copy and paste the following:

As Salam Alukum

In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate

Bismillah wal Hamdulilah was Salatu was Salam 'ala Sayyidina Rasul Allah.

This is the opinion on photography & images according to the fiqh of Imam Malik (Rahimullah).

Muslim reported in his Sahih, on the authority of Basr ibn Sa'id, who heard it from Zayd ibn Khalid, who heard it from Ibn Talha, a Companion of the Prophet (peace be on him), that the Messenger of Allah (peace be on him) said, "The angels do not enter a house in which there are figures." (Reported by Muslim.)

Basr said, "Thereafter Zayd became ill and we went to visit him.

There was a picture on the curtain of his door. I said to my Companion' 'Ubayd Allah al-Khulani, who was the servant of the Prophet's wife Maymunah, 'Was it not Zayd who told us about pictures the other day?' 'Ubayd Allah replied, 'Did you not hear him when he said, "Except if it is made of cloth?" ' "

Al-Tirmidhi reported on the authority of 'Utbah that once the latter went to visit Abu Talhah al-Ansari, who was ill, and he found Sahl ibn Hanif (another Companion) there. Abu Talhah called someone to come and tear up the sheet which was under him. "Why tear it up?" Sahl asked. "There are pictures on it, and you know what the Prophet (peace be on him) said concerning that," Abu Talhah replied. "Did he not also say, 'Except if it is made on cloth?' " Sahl asked. "Yes, but it makes me feel better," (This Hadith is Sahih)

Muslim reported from Zayd ibn Khalid al-Juhani, who quoted Abu Talhah al-Ansari as saying, I heard the Messenger of Allah's statement, 'The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or statues.' I then went to see 'Aisha and asked her, 'Are you aware that the Messenger of Allah (peace be on him) said, "The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or statues?" Did you hear the Messenger of Allah (peace be on him) mention this?' She replied, 'No, but I will tell you what he did. Once when he had gone on an expedition I draped the door with a curtain having pictures on it. When he returned and saw it, I could discern from his face that he disliked it. He pulled it down and tore it apart, saying, "Allah has not commanded us to clothe stone and clay." 'She said, 'We cut it and made two pillows out of the cloth, stuffing them with palm fibres. He did not criticize me for that."

Imam Nawawi (Rahimullah) in his Sharh of Sahih Muslim states;

"There is nothing in the hadith implying prohibition. In fact, the crucial words are, 'Allah has not commanded us to do that.' This implies that such a thing is not obligatory or meritorious; but in no way does it imply prohibition."

There is a Hadith that seems to contradict everything above but it doesn't.

It has been narrated by both al-Bukhari and Muslim on the authority of 'Aisha. 'Aisha said that she bought a cushion with pictures on it. When the Messenger of Allah (peace be on him) saw it, he stopped at the door and did not enter her apartment. She saw signs of displeasure on his face and said, "O Messenger of Allah, I turn to Allah and His Messenger in repentance. What have I done wrong?" He said, "What is this cushion?" She said, "I bought it for you to sit on or to rest your head." The Messenger of Allah (peace be on him) then said, The makers of such figures will be punished and will be told, 'Bring to life what you have created.' He continued, 'The angels do not enter a house in which there are figures.'

In the version of Muslim there is the addition, " 'Aisha said that she then cut it and made two pillows to recline upon."

The Maliki Scholar Imam al-Qurtubi (Rahimullah) states;

The hadith concerning the cushion seems to contradict the hadith reported by Abu Talhah in which figures on cloth were exempted. "Reconciliation is possible between the two (ahadith), as 'Aisha's hadith indicates the disapproval of the Prophet (peace be on him), while Abu Talhah's hadith indicates absolute permissibility, and these two are not contradictory."

Al-Hafiz ibn Hajar agreed with this position.

Another proof for the Maliki Madhab is that the transmitter of the hadith of the cushion from 'Aisha was her nephew al-Qasim ibn Muhammad ibn Abu Bakr. Al-Qasim himself permitted pictures on a plane surface. Ibn 'Awm said, "I entered al-Qasim's house, which was in the outskirts of Makkah, and I saw a cloth canopy with figures of a beaver and a phoenix." (Fath al-Bari, reported on the authority of Ibn Abi Shaybah, who quotes al-Qasim ibn Muhammad ibn Abu Bakr. The transmitters are sound.) Al-Hafiz explains, "He probably adhered to the generality of the Prophet's saying, 'Except if it is made on cloth,' and understood the Prophet's stand toward 'Aisha's curtain as a special case. That is, the Prophet (peace be on him) disapproved of the combination of draping the wall and of the cloth having pictures on it. This is supported by the remark, "Allah has not commanded us to clothe stone and clay."

Al-Qasim ibn Muhammad ibn Abu Bakr was one of the seven jurists of Madinah and the best of his time; it was he who transmitted the hadith of the - cushion. Consequently, if he had not been convinced of the permissibility of this cloth canopy he would not have had it. (See the section on "Figures and Artists" in Fath al-Bari)

Also in the Sahih of Bukhari and Muslim: The Prophet (peace be on him) said: "Among the people receiving the harshest punishment on the Day of Resurrection will be the makers of figures," or, in another version, "the of Allah's creation."

The Messenger of Allah also said: "On the Day of Resurrection, the maker of a figure will be asked to breathe a spirit into it, and he will never be able to do so."

Imam al-Tabari (Rahimullah), explaining the meaning of this hadith, says, "What is meant here by makers of figures are those who make figures in order that they may be worshipped besides Allah, and this is unbelief (kufr). As for those who do not make them for this purpose, they will be guilty only of making a representation (suar)."
In regards to other three-dimensional images there are many differences,

But I found out that Qadi 'Iyad (Rahimullah) says that it is permissible for girls to play with dolls.".

The above is taken from the yahoofiqh group on Malik fiqh.

Also the standard book for fatwa in Maliki fiqh & iktilaf al-Qawanin al-Fiqh-hiyyah states;

It is the popular opinion in the Maliki School not to consider 2-D images of animate life as unlawful idols.

It is the popular opinion in the Maliki School to differentiate between 2-D images of animate life which are placed up high on the wall and such images which are placed in places which are trampled on (e.g., rug) or sat on (e.g., sofa or pillow). It is makruh to place such images in a position of respect such as on the wall for display and it is mubah to use such 2-D images in places which are trampled on, sat on, or not very prominent.

(al-Qawanin al-Fiqh-hiyyah, Kitab al-Jami`, ahkaam ad-dawwab wa al-tasweer)

This is further clarified in the commentary on the Risalah by Ibn Abi Zayd al-Qayrawani. When asked Shaykh Abu Qanit al-Hassani said that 2d pictures are lawful and not unlawful idols and gave the same position as Imam Ibn Juzayy, Shaykh `Ali al-`Iraqi al-Sharif al-Husayni also confirmed when asked that 2d pictures are not haram in Maliki fiqh.

And Allah Knows Best.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-permit-Images

P.S I didn't know where to put this thread so I putted it in the lounge.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-01-2016, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
]
P.S I didn't know where to put this thread so I putted it in the lounge.
"Placed" or "posted", my child. "Putted" is a term in golf. And I don't like golf, in any case.

Past tense is "put".

Kiro
09-01-2016, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
"Placed" or "posted", my child. "Putted" is a term in golf. And I don't like golf, in any case.

Past tense is "put".
alright alright

man is strong with his eyes, I hope one day, probably, that I will come back as eyes strong as yours

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-01-2016, 05:03 PM
alright alright

man is strong with his eyes, I hope one day, probably, that I will come back as eyes strong as yours
They say people with Green Eyes have very strong and sharp eyes.

Maybe that's why.

الحمد لله

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kiro
09-01-2016, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
Then I shall transform it into strawberry milk love! Calcium! Sugar!
Serinity bro, did you read the original post? What do you think? I don't think you fully consciously follow the Hanafi madhaab. Seems more like a guideline or outline to you.

Serinity
09-01-2016, 07:00 PM
Serinity bro, did you read the original post? What do you think? I don't think you fully consciously follow the Hanafi madhaab. Seems more like a guideline or outline to you.
All I care about is being on the Quran and The Sunnah, tbh. Can't hurt to have a madhab as a guideline, or a source to know haram and halal.

Little_Lion
09-01-2016, 07:31 PM
To get back on topic for a moment, I've always considered the interpretation to be against images that were intended for or could possibly be worshiped. In the time of the Prophet (pbuh) several other "gods" were symbolized by animals, for example. I can also see the prohibition against sculptures in 3D, as they are likened to trying to create a perfect image of a living thing. I admit that I do have statues of dragons all over my house, though (they were my husbands and I can't bear to get rid of them) and toys from mine and my daughter's childhood.

And chocolate milk. Strawberry is too sweet. Sometimes. Other times that strawberry sludge at the bottom of the glass is awesome.

Kiro
09-01-2016, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion
To get back on topic for a moment, I've always considered the interpretation to be against images that were intended for or could possibly be worshiped. In the time of the Prophet (pbuh) several other "gods" were symbolized by animals, for example. I can also see the prohibition against sculptures in 3D, as they are likened to trying to create a perfect image of a living thing. I admit that I do have statues of dragons all over my house, though (they were my husbands and I can't bear to get rid of them) and toys from mine and my daughter's childhood.

And chocolate milk. Strawberry is too sweet. Sometimes. Other times that strawberry sludge at the bottom of the glass is awesome.
You should throw the statue away.

Pretty much, the opinion in favour of 2D says (sort of unrelated to this thread) the hadith in prohibition images refers to 3D.

Little_Lion
09-01-2016, 08:06 PM
You should throw the statue away.

Pretty much, the opinion in favour of 2D says (sort of unrelated to this thread) the hadith in prohibition images refers to 3D.
Yeah, I know I should. I just haven't been able to do it yet, I didn't lose him very long ago.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-01-2016, 08:19 PM
Check out this link:

http://www.muftisays.com/forums/75-b...on-arabic.html

In the first post, a download link has been given for Mufti Emraan Vawda's Kitaab on the photography issue. It's quite detailed with lots of evidences - both Shar`i and scientific - given in substantiation of his view that photography of animate beings is Haraam.

I suggest reading it, In Shaa Allaah.

Kiro
09-01-2016, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
Check out this link:

http://www.muftisays.com/forums/75-b...on-arabic.html

In the first post, a download link has been given for Mufti Emraan Vawda's Kitaab on the photography issue. It's quite detailed with lots of evidences - both Shar`i and scientific - given in substantiation of his view that photography of animate beings is Haraam.

I suggest reading it, In Shaa Allaah.
I'll read it.

I'll stay away from photography anyway.

I don't like being in photo's tbh. I am camera shy.

IARLG
09-02-2016, 04:49 AM
Asalaam alykum, hi Kiro. I don't intend to embarass you but your membership image has a picture of person which is prohibited because people have souls. Muslims are supposed to remind each other as can be seen in (Qur'an 103:3)

By Al-'Asr (the time). Verily! Man is in loss, except those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth , and recommend one another to patience.(Qur'an 103:1-3)

I just wanted to add on to your post with the article below. You can read and download the pdf at the end of the page:

http://aljumaareminder.com/reminder/...th-rajab-1436/

Kind Regards,

aaj
09-02-2016, 01:55 PM
DRAWING/PAINTING of animate images is haram and there is clear evidence of that.

PHOTOGRAPHY of animate beings has a difference of opinion. while some says it is haram, others will say it is not. The basis for that is because the reasoning is that you are not "drawing/painting" per se but rather are catching the actual image, much like a mirror.

DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY is not haram so long as it stays in digital format. IF it is printed into hardcopy then it would fall into the above category.

Kiro
09-02-2016, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
DRAWING/PAINTING of animate images is haram and there is clear evidence of that.

PHOTOGRAPHY of animate beings has a difference of opinion. while some says it is haram, others will say it is not. The basis for that is because the reasoning is that you are not "drawing/painting" per se but rather are catching the actual image, much like a mirror.

DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY is not haram so long as it stays in digital format. IF it is printed into hardcopy then it would fall into the above category.

2D Drawings? If you are referring to 2D: Did you read the original post? This is the position of the Maliki school. They permit 2D drawings and a make a distinction between 3D and 2D and that that their opinion is that the hadiths of forbidden images refer to 3D. But Dolls are an exception to 3D as we know.

format_quote Originally Posted by IARLG
Asalaam alykum, hi Kiro. I don't intend to embarass you but your membership image has a picture of person which is prohibited because people have souls. Muslims are supposed to remind each other as can be seen in (Qur'an 103:3)

By Al-'Asr (the time). Verily! Man is in loss, except those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth , and recommend one another to patience.(Qur'an 103:1-3)

I just wanted to add on to your post with the article below. You can read and download the pdf at the end of the page:

http://aljumaareminder.com/reminder/...th-rajab-1436/

Kind Regards,
It is a cartoon drawing. Not a real person. The forum rules allow cartoons.

aaj
09-02-2016, 10:04 PM
2D Drawings? If you are referring to 2D: Did you read the original post? This is the position of the Maliki school. They permit 2D drawings and a make a distinction between 3D and 2D and that that their opinion is that the hadiths of forbidden images refer to 3D. But Dolls are an exception to 3D as we know.

I glimpsed over it but no one wants to read super long passages. You should include a TL; DR on it

As for your 2D and 3D, those are new concepts that came about from digital media. There was no such concept in those days. So i don't know where you are getting your 2d/3d information from.

The hadith are clear on drawing/painting of images. Unless they are stick figures (1D), the hadith applies to them. No need to make it over complicated.

Kiro
09-02-2016, 10:06 PM
I glimpsed over it but no one wants to read super long passages. You should include a TL; DR on it

As for your 2D and 3D, those are new concepts that came about from digital media. There was no such concept in those days. So i don't know where you are getting your 2d/3d information from.

The hadith are clear on drawing/painting of images. Unless they are stick figures (1D), the hadith applies to them. No need to make it over complicated.

I'll give you a summary

Maliki school concludes 2D is halal

so there is some difference of opinion

May Allah forgive us if we have done wrong

Little_Lion
09-02-2016, 10:13 PM
Allah forgive me for any errors, but I believe the 3D that the Maliki school refers to is things such as statues, not 3D as in CGI.

Kiro
09-02-2016, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion
Allah forgive me for any errors, but I believe the 3D that the Maliki school refers to is things such as statues, not 3D as in CGI.
That's what I mean.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-02-2016, 10:17 PM
Super long passages...? But it's so short...

Takes less than a minute to read it...

aaj
09-03-2016, 10:10 PM
I'll give you a summary

Maliki school concludes 2D is halal

so there is some difference of opinion

May Allah forgive us if we have done wrong
There were no 3D drawings in Prophet's (saw) time when he said it's forbidden, no angels of mercy enter a house that has it and one who creates it will be asked to give life to that which you created and will be dragged on his face and thrown in hell fire. I don't know who in the maliki school came up with that ruling but imam malik himself would beg to differ.

The ahadith are clear as is the evidence, i'll leave it at that...

Scimitar
09-03-2016, 10:25 PM
This OP made me smile a little - the whole 2D and 3D thing is laughable, simply because according to Islamic scholars and the old books, the first image makers - made statues - which were worshipped... and guess that? those weren't 2 dimensional.

Bottom line is - the making of images is ok as long as it's done for educational purposes and not for other (emotional) reasons - as that can (and does) lead to shirk.

Scimi

Kiro
09-03-2016, 10:43 PM
There were no 3D drawings in Prophet's (saw) time when he said it's forbidden, no angels of mercy enter a house that has it and one who creates it will be asked to give life to that which you created and will be dragged on his face and thrown in hell fire. I don't know who in the maliki school came up with that ruling but imam malik himself would beg to differ.

The ahadith are clear as is the evidence, i'll leave it at that...
By 3D I mean things like statues and such

Kiro
09-03-2016, 11:19 PM
I think people are misunderstanding the OP. Probably because they didn't read it. <<< agree @Huzaifah ibn Adam?

The ruling of the Maliki school is that things like cartoon drawings are halal.

Not sure why people are misunderstanding ^o)

Little_Lion
09-03-2016, 11:35 PM
I think the major part that people are missing (other than the "3D" intended means statues and carvings) is that the Maliki school specifically states that the 2D images are not to be used in such a way as that they are intended for worship; the recommendations being to be hung high on a wall, or someplace they will be trampled. In essence, if I understand it correctly and Allah forgive me if I do not, the Maliki school of thought places a distinct separation between the idols and statues that used to be worshiped, and considers those to still be prohibited, as opposed to photographs, drawings, etc. that were never intended to be worshiped and never considered to have "life" like people used to believe idols did.

IARLG
09-11-2016, 08:19 PM
Asalaam alykum Kiro. Our Prophet Muhammad (SAW) came to lighten our burden.

Did you know from Musa...Dawud..Sulaiman...Iesa; all these Prophets and in between followed the Taurat in which there was this law:

“You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea. (Exodus 20:4) {New Living Translation**

Now, i am not going to give any rulings but please read what our Prophet says in the following hadiths while keeping in mind the following two Ayats

O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad

), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority. (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger (

), if you believe in Allah and in the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination. (Qur'an 4:59)

But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you (O Muhammad

) judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission. (Qur'an 4:65)

Allah in (Qur'an 4:59) instructed us to refer to Allah (the Quran) and His Messenger (Prophet Muhammad SAW) if we disagree. Instead of what the forum allows, how about looking on the hadiths of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) are as follows? Please i mean no harm. I just wish well for you as a fellow Muslim brother.:

Narrated Said bin Abu Al-Hasan: While I was with Ibn ‘Abbas a man came and said, “O father of ‘Abbas! My sustenance is from my manual profession and I make these pictures.” Ibn ‘Abbas said, “I will tell you only what I heard from Allah’s Apostle (Peace and blessings be upon him). I heard him saying, ‘Whoever makes a picture will be punished by Allah till he puts life in it, and he will never be able to put life in it.’ “Hearing this, that man heaved a sigh and his face turned pale. Ibn ‘Abbas said to him, “What a pity! If you insist on making pictures I advise you to make pictures of trees and any other unanimated objects.” [Bukhari 3:428]
Narrated ‘A’ishah: I stuffed for the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) a pillow decorated with pictures (of animals) which looked like a Namruqah (i.e. a small cushion). He came and stood among the people with excitement apparent on his face. I said, “O Allah’s Apostle! What is wrong?” He said, “What is this pillow?” I said, “I have prepared this pillow for you, so that you may recline on it.” He said, “Don’t you know that angels do not enter a house wherein there are pictures; and whoever makes a picture will be punished on the Day of Resurrection and will be asked to give life to (what he has created)?” [Bukhari 4:47]
Narrated Abu Talhah: I heard Allah’s Apostle (Peace and blessings be upon him) saying; “Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or a picture of a living creature (a human being or an animal).” [Bukhari 4:448]
Narrated Ibn Abbas: Abu Talhah, a companion of Allah’s Apostle (Peace and blessings be upon him) and one of those who fought at Badr together with Allah’s Apostle (Peace and blessings be upon him) told me that Allah’s Apostle (Peace and blessings be upon him) said. “Angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture.” He meant the images of creatures that have souls. [Bukhari 5:338]
Narrated Ali ibn Abu Talib: Abul Hayyaj al-Asadi told that Ali ibn Abu Talib said to him: Should I not send you on the same mission as Allah’s Messenger (Peace and blessings be upon him) sent me? Do not leave an image without obliterating it, or a high grave without leveling it. This Hadith has been reported by Habib with the same chain of transmitters and he said: (do not leave) a picture without obliterating it. [Muslim]
Narrated Maimunah: One morning Allah’s Messenger (Peace and blessings be upon him) was silent with grief. Maimunah said: Allah’s Messenger, I find a change in your mood today. Allah’s Messenger (Peace and blessings be upon him) said: Gabriel had promised me that he would meet me last night, but he did not meet me. By Allah, he never broke his promises; and Allah’s Messenger (Peace and blessings be upon him) spent the day in this sad (mood). Then it occurred to him that there had been a puppy under their cot. He gave an order and it was turned out. He then took some water in his hand and sprinkled it on the place. When it was evening Gabriel met him and he said to him: You promised me that you would meet me the previous night. He said: Yes, but we do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture. So the very next morning he commanded the dogs to be killed. He announced that the dog kept for the orchards should also be killed, but he spared the dog used for the protection of extensive fields (or big gardens). [Muslim]
Narrated ‘A’ishah: I used to play with the dolls in the presence of the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him), and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah’s Apostle (Peace and blessings be upon him) used to enter (my dwelling place) they used to hide themselves, but the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) would call them to join and play with me. (The playing with the dolls and similar images is forbidden, but it was allowed for ‘A’ishah at that time, as she was a little girl, not yet reached the age of puberty.) (Fatih-al-Bari page 143, Vol.13) [Bukhari 8:151]
Narrated A’ishah: When the Apostle of Allah (Peace and blessings be upon him) arrived after the expedition to Tabuk or Khaybar (the narrator is doubtful), the draught raised an end of a curtain which was hung in front of her store-room, revealing some dolls which belonged to her. He asked: What is this? She replied: My dolls. Among them he saw a horse with wings made of rags, and asked: What is this I see among them? She replied: A horse. He asked: What is this that it has on it? She replied: Two wings. He asked: A horse with two wings? She replied: Have you not heard that Solomon had horses with wings? She said: Thereupon the Apostle of Allah (Peace and blessings be upon him) laughed so heartily that I could see his molar teeth. [Abu Dawud]
Narrated A’ishah: When the Prophet became ill, some of his wives talked about a church which they had seen in Ethiopia and it was called Maria. Um Salma and Um Habibah had been to Ethiopia, and both of them narrated its (the Church’s) beauty and the pictures it contained. The Prophet raised his head and said, “Those are the people who, whenever a pious man dies amongst them, make a place of worship at his grave and then they make those pictures in it. Those are the worst creatures in the Sight of Allah.” [Sahih Bukhari 2.425]
“On the Day of Resurrection a neck will stretch forth from Hell; it will have two eyes to see, two ears to hear, and a tongue to speak. It will say, “I have been appointed to take care of three types of people: every arrogant tyrant, every person who called on some deity other than Allah and those who made pictures” [At-Tirmidthi stated that this Hadith was Sahih – At-Takhwif Min An-Nar, p.179, See also Jami’ al-Usul, 10/518, the editor said its Isnad is Hasan]
The Prophet entered upon me while there was a curtain having pictures (of animals) in the house. His face got red with anger, and then he got hold of the curtain and tore it into pieces. The Prophet said, “Such people as paint these pictures will receive the severest punishment on the Day of Resurrection.”[Narrated Aisha; Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 73 :: Hadith 130; Good Manners and Form (Al-Adab)]
It is He Who has sent down the Book (the Qur’an) to you (Muhammad {S.A.W**) with truth, confirming what came before it. And He sent down the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel), Aforetime as a guidance to mankind. And He sent down the criterion [of judgement between right and wrong (this Qur’an)]. Truly, those who disbelieve in the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah, for them there is a severe torment; and Allah is All-Mighty, All-Able of Retribution. (Qur’an 3:3-4)

Kiro
09-14-2016, 12:30 AM
Please don't direct your refutation towards me. Because I didn't make this position. I was just merely sharing the Maliki position on things such as cartoons.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.