/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hadith on fasting in the First Ten Days of Dhu’l-Hijjah

startingarabic
09-02-2016, 10:22 AM
The Virtues of the First Ten Days of Dhu’l-Hijjah

1 – Fasting

It is Sunnah for the Muslim to fast on the first nine days of Dhu’l-Hijjah, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) encouraged us to do righteous deeds in the first ten days of Dhu’l-Hijjah, and fasting is one of the best of deeds, which Allaah has chosen for Himself as it says in the hadeeth qudsi: “Allaah says: ‘All the deeds of the son of Adam are for him, except fasting, which is for Me and I shall reward for it.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1805.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to fast on the first nine days of Dhu’l-Hijjah. It was narrated from Hunaydah ibn Khaalid from his wife, that one of the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to fast on the first nine days of Dhu’l-Hijjah and the day of ‘Ashoora’, and three days each month, the first Monday of the month and two Thursdays. Narrated by al-Nasaa’i, 4/205 and by Abu Dawood; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 2/462.

Detailed information Here (its long and the above information is probably sufficitent for you)

http://ummahboard.com/showthread.php...Dhu%92l-Hijjah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
slunat95
09-02-2016, 11:17 AM
Subhanallah

startingarabic
09-02-2016, 02:23 PM
"The Prophet, upon whom be peace, would fast on the ninth of Dhu'l-Hijjah, the day of Ashura and three days in every month."
Recorded by Ahmad, Abu Dawud, An-Nisa'i and others
Imam An-Nawawi said that fasting in these ten days is extremely recommended.

I remember years ago brothers saying Imam An-Nawawi has no proof.
Then I came across the above hadith last night.

http://sunnahonline.com/library/hajj...hul-hijjah-the

DHU'L-HIJJAH 1437H (2016CE): According to the decision of the High Judiciary Council of Saudi Arabia, the 1st of Dhu'l-Hijjah will be on Saturday 3 September 2016. The Muslims performing Hajj will be in 'Arafah on Sunday 11 September 2016 (9 Dhu'l-Hijjah 1437), and 'Eid ul-'Adha shall be on Monday 12 September 2016 (10 Dhu'l-Hijjah 1437).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.