/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need duas for panic and exams.....

Mustafa16
09-03-2016, 06:22 PM
As many of you may know, I suffer from panic attacks.....I'm going to be taking an exam for college on the 10th of September, but because my mother did not make the special ed accomodations on time, I'm going to have to take the exam with a large crowd of students rather than one to one with a proctor, and I don't think I'll be able to bring medication with me.....I can't take the exam later, because my mother wants me to start applying to colleges in November, so she wants me to get the exam out of thr way.....im scared ill have a panic attack, however, I took a practice exam twice before with another group of students before, and had no trouble, and even did very well.....I also heard from my former proctor that I might not have a problem because when I was testing the other exams with him, I was well focused, and the test is going to be in the morning so so long as I take my medicine late in the morning it should not wear out.....but I'm still scared ill have a panic attack....also, I am starting Qur'an tafseer classes with an imam I know and a few other young men and older boys.....but I'm worried about the possibility of panic there, too, but my imam said it was only a small group and my mother said I should be fine, both in the tafseer class and in the ACT exam.....what should I do? also, I need your duas

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Little_Lion
09-03-2016, 07:43 PM
Fear of a panic attack will spur a panic attack, as I am sure you well know. Pray to Allah to take this fear of a panic attack from you.

Can you talk to your doctor and take a fast acting medication like Lorazepam just before you take your exam?

Eric H
09-03-2016, 11:24 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Mustafa16;

Belief is a strange thing, whether you believe you can, or you believe you can't, you are probably right. That means, if you believe you can't then don't bother trying, because you have given up in your mind before you start. If you believe you can succeed, then you have to do your best to make that happen.

Sadly, there are no guarantees in this life, we can only try our very best to succeed, and just go for it. Instead of spending time on the internet, spend that time doing some revising for your exam, we will still be here after the 10th. Failure only becomes failure when you give up, so you constantly have to try and overcome your panic attacks, trust in Allah to help.

Blessings

Eric

Muslim Woman
09-04-2016, 04:38 AM
:sl:

don't miss any salat . Keep praying to Allah to strengthen you in faith , sabr . May Allah gives you shefa.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Abed
09-04-2016, 06:52 AM
Be confident that you will not have a panic attack. It will help you. Relax the body.

Read this dua constantly, "Hasbunallahu wa ni'mal wakeel".

May all go well for you, Allah make it easy.

fhmn63
09-04-2016, 08:30 AM
This may Help you.
ZajakAllah Khair. Have Hope in Allah and he will help overcome Panic In sha Allah.

Dua for Exams

format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
As many of you may know, I suffer from panic attacks.....I'm going to be taking an exam for college on the 10th of September, but because my mother did not make the special ed accomodations on time, I'm going to have to take the exam with a large crowd of students rather than one to one with a proctor, and I don't think I'll be able to bring medication with me.....I can't take the exam later, because my mother wants me to start applying to colleges in November, so she wants me to get the exam out of thr way.....im scared ill have a panic attack, however, I took a practice exam twice before with another group of students before, and had no trouble, and even did very well.....I also heard from my former proctor that I might not have a problem because when I was testing the other exams with him, I was well focused, and the test is going to be in the morning so so long as I take my medicine late in the morning it should not wear out.....but I'm still scared ill have a panic attack....also, I am starting Qur'an tafseer classes with an imam I know and a few other young men and older boys.....but I'm worried about the possibility of panic there, too, but my imam said it was only a small group and my mother said I should be fine, both in the tafseer class and in the ACT exam.....what should I do? also, I need your duas

darkbro
09-04-2016, 11:04 AM
Anas bin Malik said:

“Whenever a matter would distress him, the Prophet would say: ‘O Living, O Self-Sustaining Sustainer! Inr Your Mercy do I seek relief (Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyum, Bi-Rahmatika Astaghith).’”And with this chain, that he said: “The Messenger of Allah said: ‘Be constant with: “O Possessor of Majesty and Honor. (Ya Dhal-Jalali Wal-Ikram).’”

يَا حَىُّ يَا قَيُّومُ بِرَحْمَتِكَ أَسْتَغِيثُ
(Tirmidhi: 3524 - Hasan)

Well, after reading this, just do it. Worrying is a sign of lack of iman.

Eric H
09-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Mustafa16;

There has been some good advice on this thread, and just a thought about being thankful. Every day find a few things to be thankful for, if you do not have a panic attack today, then remember to thank Allah. If you do have a panic attack, then remember to thank Allah afterwards, because the panic attack has ended, and you can then carry on with life. the more thankful you can become in life, the easier your problems seem to become, here is a lovely prayer about being thankful........

Be Thankful

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire, If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don't know something
For it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations
Because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge
Because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes
They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you're tired and weary
Because it means you've made a difference.

It is easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfilment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.

GRATITUDE can turn a ! negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles and they can become your blessings.

blessings,

Eric

mission2succeed
09-04-2016, 03:03 PM
:sl:

Supplications for one in stress

لا إِلَهََ إِلاَّ اللهُ العَظِيْمُ الحَلِيْمُ، لا إِلَهََ إِلاَّ اللهُ رَبُّ العَرْشِ العَظِيْمِ، لا إِلَهَ~َ إِلاَّ اللهُ رَبُّ السَّمَوَاتِ وَرَبُّ الأَرْضِ وَرَبُّ العَرْشِ الكَرِيْمِ

118, ‘None has the right to be worshipped except Allah Forbearing. None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, Lord of the magnificent throne. None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the Earth and Lord of the noble throne.’

Ibn 'Abbas reported that Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) used to supplicate during the time of trouble (in these words):
" There is no god but Allah, the Great, the Tolerant, there is no god but Allah, the Lord of the Magnificent Throne There is no god but Allah, the Lord of the Heaven and the earth, the Lord of the Edifying Throne."

Reference : Sahih Muslim 2730 a
In-book reference : Book 48, Hadith 113
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 35, Hadith 6582

اللَّهُمَّ رَحْمَتَكَ أَرْجُو فَلا تَكِلْنِي إِلَى نَفْسِي طَرْفَةَ عَيْن، ٍ وَأَصْلِحْ لِي شَأْنِي كُلَّهُ لا إِلَهََ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ.

119, ‘O Allah, it is Your mercy that I hope for, so do not leave me in charge of my affairs even for a blink of an eye and rectify for me all of my affairs. None has the right to be worshipped except You.’

He said: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: The supplications to be used by one who is distressed are: "O Allah! Thy mercy is what I hope for. Do not abandon me to myself for an instant, but put all my affairs in good order for me. There is no god but Thou." Some transmitters added more than others.

Reference : Sunan Abi Dawud 5090
In-book reference : Book 43, Hadith 318
English translation : Book 42, Hadith 5071

لا إِلَهََ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنْتُ مِنَ الظّالِمِيْنَ

120, ‘None has the right to be worshipped except You. How perfect You are, verily I was among the wrong-doers.’

Ibrahim bin Muhammad bin Sa`d narrated from his father, from Sa`d that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
“The supplication of Dhun-Nun (Prophet Yunus) when he supplicated, while in the belly of the whale was: ‘There is none worthy of worship except You, Glory to You, Indeed, I have been of the transgressors. (Lā ilāha illā anta subḥānaka innī kuntu minaẓ-ẓālimīn)’ So indeed, no Muslim man supplicates with it for anything, ever, except Allah responds to him.

Reference: Jami’ at-Tirmidhi 3505
In-book reference: Book 48, Hadith 136
English translation: Vol. 6, Book 45, Hadith 350

اللهُ اللهُ رَبِّ لا أُشْرِكُ بِهِ شَيْئاً

121, ‘Allah, Allah is my Lord, I do not associate anything with Him.’

It was narrated that Asma’ bint ‘Umais said:
“The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) taught me some words to say at times of distress: Allah! Allahu Rabbi la ushriku bihi shay’an (Allah, Allah is my Lord, I do not associate anything with Him).”

Reference : Sunan Ibn Majah 3882
In-book reference : Book 34, Hadith 56
English translation : Vol. 5, Book 34, Hadith 3882

startingarabic
09-04-2016, 03:23 PM
Ameen

Muslimah inshal
04-06-2017, 10:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
I've read in a blog that a sister used to get panic attaks and she said being in Sujud is the best thing you can do . So be in Sujud even if you don't say nothing but Allah knows what you have in your heart and understands . So I recommend you when you get panic attacks just stay there in Sujud before the exam for example and may Allah make things easy for you Amiin ya rab !

respecta
04-06-2017, 10:27 AM
May Allah make it easy for you

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.