/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Will I be punished for this?

Aaqib
09-03-2016, 11:06 PM
I used to be part of a website that there were quite a few athiests and they would sometimes bash religion as a whole and say terrible things.

The first time and the couple of times I've read them, I let it go by because I thought that was only from time to time and those things come and I should ignore them.

But now they became prevalent again and I'm scared for myself, and I've left the site.

But my question is, will I be punished for reading those comments the athiests made?
JZK

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Little_Lion
09-03-2016, 11:40 PM
No, you will not be punished for the thoughts and writings of others.

Muslim Woman
09-04-2016, 05:29 AM
:sl:

next time , if possible try to protest . Give links of reliable Islamic sources so that others can read .

As already stated , In'sha Allah u are not responsible for what athiests do / did in the forum .

Aaqib
09-04-2016, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

next time , if possible try to protest . Give links of reliable Islamic sources so that others can read .

As already stated , In'sha Allah u are not responsible for what athiests do / did in the forum .
They are just kids who aren't serious, they are just making jokes. Giving them islamic links would be useless.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
talibilm
09-04-2016, 03:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
They are just kids who aren't serious, they are just making jokes. Giving them islamic links would be useless.

If you know anything is Spoken against Islam or see any Sin done THE LEAST DEGREE OF EEMAN is hating it from our heart , the better way than that is to refute them, The atheists WISELY with illustrations like the members did here in this thread
http://www.islamicboard.com/aqeedah/...ml#post2924926

You may be right that those Atheists were kids but remember ONLINE those posts are read by All , So your refutation will help others (if not those Kids) for guarding and helping the eeman of some weak persons , which IS OUR DUTY TOO.

Coming to the main question , will you be punished , Inshallah you may not IF YOU HAVE ATLEAST HATED their comments By YOUR HEART . But You will come under the list of those striving ( Jihad ) in the Path of Allah if you had refuted them as seen in this following hadith from this thread below it

.SPEAKING DAWAH IS ALSO STRIVING (JIHAD)
Dawud :: Book 14 : Hadith 2498
Narrated Anas ibn Malik: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Use your property, your persons any your tongues in striving against the polytheists.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...r-Wisdom/page2

sister herb
09-04-2016, 03:22 PM
To br Aaqib:

^^ Don´t say so. Kids will grow up at one day.

I saw the Quran at the first time on the bookself when I was a kid. Years later I remembered it and went to looking for it. Yep, there it still was - just waiting for me.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-04-2016, 03:29 PM
بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

وَقَدْ نَزَّلَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِي الْكِتَابِ أَنْ إِذَا سَمِعْتُمْ آيَاتِ اللَّهِ يُكْفَرُ بِهَا وَيُسْتَهْزَأُ بِهَا فَلَا تَقْعُدُوا مَعَهُمْ حَتَّى يَخُوضُوا فِي حَدِيثٍ غَيْرِهِ إِنَّكُمْ إِذًا مِثْلُهُمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ جَامِعُ الْمُنَافِقِينَ وَالْكَافِرِينَ فِي جَهَنَّمَ جَمِيعًا

"And it has already been revealed to you in the Kitaab that when you hear the Aayaat of Allaah being rejected and mocked at, then do not sit with them (those who are doing so) until they engage in some other discussion; otherwise, you will be like them (i.e. one of them). Indeed, Allaah will gather the Munaafiqeen and the Kaafireen together in Jahannam." [Soorah an-Nisaa', 4:140]

A very grave warning has been sounded in this Aayah. The `Ulamaa explain that when people are uttering Kufr and/or mocking Islaam, you have only one of two options:

1. Stop them
  2. Leave

They explain that if a person remains sitting in a gathering where Islaam is being mocked, without stopping those who are doing so (physically) or leaving, then this person has committed Kufr, wal-`Iyaadhu Billaah. May Allaah Ta`aalaa protect us from that, Aameen.

So if these people - as you say - are simply mocking Islaam and committing Kufr in this manner and have no intention of learning, and thus you telling them about Islaam will have no benefit, then it is not permissible for you to sit with them or be part of their gathering. Instead, you should sit with Muslims and engage in discussions wherein there is benefit for you in the Dunyaa and the Aakhirah.

Look at the Words of Allaah Ta`aalaa in this Aayah:

"Indeed, We will gather the Munaafiqeen and the Kaafireen together in Jahannam."

Allaah Rabbul `Izzat mentions the Munaafiqeen here even before the Kuffaar. From this, the `Ulamaa have derived that the person who sits in gatherings wherein Islaam is mocked without stopping them or leaving the gathering has become a Munaafiq.

You did the right thing by leaving, akhi. Do not be on such forums. You have to either refute them and disassociate yourself from them, or leave the forum.

I don't suggest you trying to refute them, though. Leave it to those who are skilled in the field of debate and comparative religion. If a person does not have enough knowledge and tries to debate, it could end up putting doubts in his own mind. So best you stay away from those forums.

Aaqib
09-04-2016, 06:23 PM
Jzkallah for the response I'm so happy to be one of those who have found the answers to the problem.

It's not easy for me... As a kid, I'm prone to these types of harassments... and sometimes my mouth slips up and does something I regret so much now... I really hope Allah forgives me I'm sorry for what I've done in the past and now this whole stress is upon me I'm annoying and I feel weak... I need Allah and I need him... My heart is aching, I'm in a state of fear... This is especially harder even knowing that some muslims kids make fun of their OWN RELIGION! I don't want to be like them and I feel I used to be one of the mushrikeen in the past and accidentally slipped my tongue...

School is coming back... thus, one of the hardest fitnas of my life is coming back as well. They would always mock Islam and I should've done more.

But always to remember.. Giving up in Allah's mercy is an act of Kuffar, so I will strive to use Dhul-hijja as a time to bring back my courage as school is coming in a bit.... I hope all of you understand this and I'm seriously trying to... My heart is holding onto a rope and I hope my rabbi forgives me and brings me to a higher imaan.

May Allah guide all the muslims of the present and future, and forgive the past muslims, present, and future...

Aaqib
09-04-2016, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
To br Aaqib:

^^ Don´t say so. Kids will grow up at one day.

I saw the Quran at the first time on the bookself when I was a kid. Years later I remembered it and went to looking for it. Yep, there it still was - just waiting for me.
You didn't mock the Quran, they did and they are athiests who are certain that religion is nothing. Trying to refute them would be useless... I'd refute an athiest IF he was serious and not joking around @talibilm

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-04-2016, 06:38 PM
Jzkallah for the response I'm so happy to be one of those who have found the answers to the problem.

It's not easy for me... As a kid, I'm prone to these types of harassments... and sometimes my mouth slips up and does something I regret so much now... I really hope Allah forgives me I'm sorry for what I've done in the past and now this whole stress is upon me I'm annoying and I feel weak... I need Allah and I need him... My heart is aching, I'm in a state of fear... This is especially harder even knowing that some muslims kids make fun of their OWN RELIGION! I don't want to be like them and I feel I used to be one of the mushrikeen in the past and accidentally slipped my tongue...

School is coming back... thus, one of the hardest fitnas of my life is coming back as well. They would always mock Islam and I should've done more.

But always to remember.. Giving up in Allah's mercy is an act of Kuffar, so I will strive to use Dhul-hijja as a time to bring back my courage as school is coming in a bit.... I hope all of you understand this and I'm seriously trying to... My heart is holding onto a rope and I hope my rabbi forgives me and brings me to a higher imaan.

May Allah guide all the muslims of the present and future, and forgive the past muslims, present, and future...
Maashaa'Allaah. May Allaah Ta`aalaa keep you on the Haqq and grant you Istiqaamah, Aameen.

talibilm
09-05-2016, 12:02 AM
You didn't mock the Quran, they did and they are athiests who are certain that religion is nothing. Trying to refute them would be useless... I'd refute an athiest IF he was serious and not joking around @talibilm
Ok , I appreciate your thoughts which are good enough for the presence of eeman in you, but If you aim at a higher eeman, just think Which Prophet was not joked around ?. That's a part of higher striving but though it might be difficult handling things with Idiots but you may also teach the Atheists with a Joke, like saying, pointing towards something like a Car,and say ' I say this car somebody drove it to be here but You say it came all automatically, Lol ;D '':haha:and leave the place and they will look at you like this,:heated: confused. lol and it might stir their thoughts as well.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.