/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who am I (DWA2DAY)

dwa2day
09-04-2016, 10:10 AM
I am a South African male age 52. The majority of my life has been lived on the edge, pushing limits and basically been a typical arrogant self-centred male, who answered only to me myself and I. During my divorce in 2006 I was challenged by a counsellor to attend and Alpha Course. Be an alpha male I took up this challenge thinking it was a self-help course that would give me insight into personal issue relating to my divorce. Self-help was true but the eight week course was focused on Jesus Christ and His saving grace.
I rejected every teaching, was ferrous and damming in every discussion and no matter how obscured my objections were they were debated and the truth of the Christian faith was explained. I dived into every argument I could to disprove the Christian faith till a point that it was clear the story of the Bible was in fact a blue print to live a life of fullness within the bounds of Gods law. WOW if I thought I had experienced life before submitting to the Holly Spirit was I in for a big surprise.
Been a Christian comes at a price and is a progress walk of learning and understanding. At first you simply want to shake the world so they too can experience the immense love and freedom offered in the Bible. The shock is most people are not interested, and ever more shocking to me was to find out most professing Christians deny the truth spoken in God’s word. Thus the real lesson of the Bible to me is about me and my relationship with Jesus Christ that counts not yours. I am not accountable for your choice only mine. If I can guide you to see the truth as I have great, if not thats ok because I would have grown spiritually in the process.

Doug

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
09-04-2016, 10:55 AM
Welcome to forum

Hopely this place will help you to find the final truth. We are happy to help with that process. If you are here to looking for interesting discussions with people from different faiths, that´s great too. Anyways, we all wish that this forum could increase your knowledge and understandings of Islam.

Have a nice day to you.

(p.s. Hopely you remember that preaching a religion other than Islam, is not allowed in here.)

dwa2day
09-04-2016, 11:11 AM
Thak you for the welcome and advise.

Little_Lion
09-04-2016, 01:04 PM
A warm welcome and enjoy your stay! :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
09-04-2016, 02:12 PM
Hello

Welcome here . Feel free to browse the forum and ask about Islam in related threads .

eesa the kiwi
09-05-2016, 06:57 AM
have a look at this site, it is a good resource for you to learn a little bit about islam, they have some good articles
www.islamreligion.com

peace be upon those who accept guidance

Umm Abed
09-05-2016, 08:09 AM
Welcome, and please do see the link that brother Eesa posted, you will find lots of information, and,

peace be on those who want to be guided on to the right path.

dwa2day
09-05-2016, 08:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Welcome, and please do see the link that brother Eesa posted, you will find lots of information, and,

peace be on those who want to be guided on to the right path.
Thank you for you comment.
Doug

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!