/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Benefits Of Taking An Afternoon Nap

mission2succeed
09-04-2016, 04:46 PM
:sl:

The prophet Muhammad :saws: said:

Take a afternoon nap, for the Shayateen do not take afternoon naps.

Silsilah Ahadeeth as Saheehah 1647

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MazharShafiq
10-12-2016, 04:09 PM
assalamu alekum ...
Now, having learnt that Qailulah is encouraged in Islam & & our beloved Prophet and his companions practiced it regularly for rejuvenation of energy, memory enhancement and relaxation of mind, I deliberately give it a chance to be part of my daily schedule, snoozing for more than an hour.
When starting the naps I usually got up in the late afternoon thinking that my mind would be more alert and vigilant followed by the brilliant day ahead as they are all the known benefits of the siesta/Qailulah. But to my surprise, a cloud of fizziness hovered my mind and I felt more tired than before the shut-eye episode. Infect it messed up my night sleep pattern and overall affected my productivity.I was awestruck and puzzled that there must be something cheesy with my shut eye episode as the hadith of the Prophet can’t be wrong.
Now as you know, confusion leads to queries and investigation and I began to enquire about the Qailulah bounties and its effects. As I began to know more, the butterflies from my mind began to fly.
Generally, a third of our life is spent on sleeping \ snoozing unless suffering from a sleep disorder. Sleep and its architecture are just recently pondered over by the Neuroscientists but it has remained an important topic in the Islamic literature, even the sleep manners are dealt in detail (which needs another post). Sleep is considered as one of the greatest signs of Allah (SWT) to ponder over.
جزاک اللہ خیرا

gazzalii
10-30-2016, 12:50 AM
Employer thinks its pure laziness to slp or nap in the afternoon

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.