/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Left-Handed Muslim

noraina
09-05-2016, 02:25 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

On a general note, it's not easy being a left-handed person in a world made for right-handed people, when it comes to tools or taps or door handles - they're not made to be easy for us :D

I've noticed a few Muslims seem to think left-handed people are more inclined to sin or something. I still remember sitting in the mosque for Qur'an lessons, and then the teacher catches me writing with my left hand, points at me, and shouts 'Shaytaan! The shaytaan is left-handed!' SubhanAllah, I've got that comment a lot, that the shaytaan is left-handed. Allah swt has created me to use my left-hand, it's wired in my brain....and there's not much I can do about that.

I mean, I understand eating and drinking (of course) and performing fairly easy tasks with your right-hand, but being left-handed isn't a big issue or affect's your chances of attaining piety and righteousness. It's not that deep - seriously.

I do Arabic calligraphy, and obviously it's difficult and not something I could do with my right-hand, but someone quite seriously told me that I should avoid writing in Arabic with my left-hand - or as they said 'wrong' hand.

Honestly, I don't see any issue with being left-handed and I'm quite comfortable saying it.

Are there any more left-handed people here ;)?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
09-05-2016, 02:35 PM
:wa:

Prophet pbuh told us not to eat with left hand. Not sure about any ban on writing arabic with left hand.

Some people don't understand that Allah has created us differently . So , sometimes they force left handed people
to do all works with right hands. Thus make their lives painful.
I read so many stories about it. May Allah help us all to understand the differences between people.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-05-2016, 02:59 PM
I'm left-handed.

The guy who shouted "Shaytaan" is crazy. Being beaten with a stick every now and then would help to stabilise his mind and calm him down.

There's nothing wrong in writing with your left hand. Hadhrat `Umar ibn al-Khattaab رضي الله عنه was left-handed and used to work and write with his left-hand.

Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم never wrote; neither with his right-hand nor with his left. For this reason, the `Ulamaa have said that there is no "Sunnah" hand to write with.

Scimitar
09-05-2016, 03:02 PM
I'm left handed :) lateral adaption is my thing :D

Scimi,

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
czgibson
09-05-2016, 03:14 PM
Greetings,

Bias against left-handed people definitely exists in various cultures.

'Sinister' and 'dexter' are the Latin words for left and right. 'Sinister' has become an English word meaning evil or unlucky, while 'dexter' is the root of dexterity, meaning manual skill. The bias couldn't be much clearer than that.

Peace

Aaqib
09-05-2016, 03:16 PM
I always wanted to be both handed (and both footed) haha

greenhill
09-05-2016, 03:18 PM
What? I am too!

Yes I have heard that comment too. . Albeit a bit more gentle.

As a result, I have become ambidextrous.

I can use the hammer with both hands. Saw with either. Ten pin bowling with either. Snooker with the left, shoot with the right. Due to a left shoulder injury, my right hand became stronger and preferred for racket/bat/stick sports. Kick with both but stronger with right leg (weird),

For things that was strange either way, like golf and guitar, I pick what would be considered right handed because I won't need my own to play.

I draw, paint and write with my left.

:peace:

M.I.A.
09-05-2016, 03:24 PM
I have sympathy for left handed people. my brother in law is left handed although a quran hafiz..

so I don't judge based on leftiness.

..as far as I can tell only eating with the right hand is obligatory.

...and the marriage bit.

although its through a translation so it could be a bit more complicated than that..

not sure..

but yeah, I make it a point to ask my children to use the right hand whenever I see them eating with the left hand..

although they are all right handed :/

o_0

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-05-2016, 03:27 PM
A "Sinistral" is a person who is left-handed, or left-footed, or whose left eye is the dominant one.

That must make me an ultra "Sinistral", then. I'm left-handed, left-footed, and - despite having almost perfect vision in both eyes (never needed glasses despite having read thousands of books) الحمد لله - my left eye is better.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-05-2016, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
I have sympathy for left handed people. my brother in law is left handed although a quran hafiz..

so I don't judge based on leftiness.
I have sympathy for left handed people.
I have sympathy for left handed people
I have sympathy for left handed people

Why?

There's no need to have sympathy for left-handed people. Provided they're eating and drinking with their right-hand.

Let alone your brother-in-law who is a Haafiz, as I mentioned, Hadhrat `Umar رضي الله عنه himself was left-handed.

M.I.A.
09-05-2016, 03:33 PM
sorry, wrong choice of word..

Maybe i can empathise with the prejudice they face.

Serinity
09-05-2016, 03:34 PM
:salam:

I am left handed, left footed, and right-eyed lol. .. I am a mix of left and right.. but for writing and hands related things, I use left.

I use my left foot for power and acceleration, right foot for precision landings, when jumping.

Anything to do with power and force - left foot. Anything to do with precision/stuff that QUICK precision, then it is right, otherwise, if it is long-term, it is left.

I use left and right foot as I see fit.
Allahu alam.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-05-2016, 03:35 PM
A "Sinistral". Like, "a bad guy". The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Which am I, then? Maybe all three.

Serinity
09-05-2016, 03:37 PM
I had to adapt to eat with right. It was hard. Now I feel like choking/uneasy etc. eating with left. I don't like it.

I thought left-handed people were a rare thing. I seriously find it hard to use right hand for power.

my right leg is soo bad compared to my left. :( my left is soo oily/jumpy/flexible. While my right is soo unflexible.

When jumping I have to use left foot, and then right foot to land. I can use left foot to land too, but my right foot is too weak to make the jump.

noraina
09-05-2016, 03:41 PM
I didn't think there'd be so many left-handed people here, lol. I'm extremely sinistral...so much I've been told I have two left-feet :p

Obviously any prejudice against someone left-handed has no basis in Islam, it is entirely cultural. Honestly, what's someone's problem if another person uses their left-hand?

My mum is left-handed, she said when she was younger she was forced to write with her right-hand, and then would be told off for unreadable handwriting....seriously?

Serinity
09-05-2016, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
I didn't think there'd be so many left-handed people here, lol. I'm extremely sinistral...so much I've been told I have two left-feet :p

Obviously any prejudice against someone left-handed has no basis in Islam, it is entirely cultural. Honestly, what's someone's problem if another person uses their left-hand?

My mum is left-handed, she said when she was younger she was forced to write with her right-hand, and then would be told off for unreadable handwriting....seriously?
Yeah, if I was told to write with my right, they'd have to deal with my bad writings. I'd have to start off from 2nd grade writing skills.

noraina
09-05-2016, 03:46 PM
Apparently, left-handers make up about 10% of the world's population, and more men are left-handed than women.

Also *apparently* we are meant to be extremely creative, many famous artists were left-handed.

Scimitar
09-05-2016, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

I am left handed, left footed, and right-eyed lol. .. I am a mix of left and right.. but for writing and hands related things, I use left.

I use my left foot for power and acceleration, right foot for precision landings, when jumping.

Anything to do with power and force - left foot. Anything to do with precision/stuff that QUICK precision, then it is right, otherwise, if it is long-term, it is left.

Allahu alam.
I'm scared of your left leg, lol.

Scimi

زهراء
09-05-2016, 03:53 PM
Apparently, left-handers make up about 10% of the world's population, and more men are left-handed than women.

Also *apparently* we are meant to be extremely creative, many famous artists were left-handed.
I don't see what's the big deal about being left-handed. It's the same as being short or having a disability. You have no control over these things, yet people feel that it gives them the licence to judge others.

In our family too, I noticed that the left-handed ones are more creative[emoji6]

I always wonder why most people wear their watch on the left hand. I cannot wear it on my left hand if my right hand is bare-it feels very odd.

Scimitar
09-05-2016, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by زهراء
I don't see what's the big deal about being left-handed. It's the same as being short or having a disability.
I actually find it quite, liberating.

Yep, I have my graphics thing I do lol.

Scimi

ardianto
09-05-2016, 03:55 PM
Type of chair that used in the classroom when I was in university.

Few of my classmate were left-handed. But unfortunately all chairs in the classroom were right-handed type. It caused inconvenience for my left-handed friends when they were writing.

Yeah, seem like societies tend to force the left-handed people to live like the right-handed.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-05-2016, 03:59 PM
Left-handed people are said to be able to type faster than right-handed people. That's possible. My typing speed is 109 WPM (Words Per Minute).

Alhamdulillaah.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-05-2016, 04:02 PM
I don't see what's the big deal about being left-handed. It's the same as being short or having a disability. You have no control over these things, yet people feel that it gives them the licence to judge others.
I don't see what's the big deal about being left-handed. It's the same as being short or having a disability.
It's the same as being short or having a disability.

Is it? I didn't think it was that bad.

زهراء
09-05-2016, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
Is it? I didn't think it was that bad.
No-it's not bad at all.

Not in a derogatory way[emoji85] In the sense that it's something a person is created with-They have no control over it.

noraina
09-05-2016, 04:28 PM
Notebooks are designed for right-handed people too, I burn through so many notebooks a year and always those binding rings get in the way.

I also do a 180 turn with a page or book I am writing on, that's the only way I avoid smudging.

LaSorcia
09-05-2016, 04:31 PM
I always wonder why most people wear their watch on the left hand.
Because if you're right handed, it's so much easier to use your right hand to put on the watch!

noraina
09-05-2016, 04:32 PM
attachmentphp?attachmentid5665&ampstc1 -

sister herb
09-05-2016, 05:11 PM
I have always thought that it´s much easier to write Arabic (or other language which is written from right to left) if you are left handed. Then you don´t mess the text with your hand while you are writing.

:embarrass

mission2succeed
09-05-2016, 05:59 PM

Allahu alam.
Sorry brother I'm confused your right eyed so what happened to your left eye or are you one eyed?:skeleton:

Serinity
09-05-2016, 06:05 PM
Well, I write around 66-71 words per minute lol.

I have 2 eyes, Alhamdulillah. I just see more in my right eye. There is more consciousness/focus in my right eye.

Allahu alam.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Some of those scientific facts are either wrong or I'm different.

1) They say left-handed people reach puberty later. That wasn't the case with me. I was already Baaligh from the age of 10-11.

2) I don't mind spiral notebooks.

3) I'm the worst in the entire world when it comes to graphics and art. They claim right-handed people are better at logic, language, maths, etc. whereas left-handed people are more creative, better at art, daydream more, etc. That's false, in my case. I'm better at writing, logic, language, coding, etc., and absolutely terrible at any kind of art or graphics.

mission2succeed
09-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Well, I write around 66-71 words per minute lol.

I have 2 eyes, Alhamdulillah. I just see more in my right eye. There is more consciousness/focus in my right eye.

Allahu alam.

Good for you :exhausted alhumdulillah brother.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Does that mean I have the mind of a right-handed person but the body of a left-handed person?

Serinity
09-05-2016, 06:10 PM
Some of those scientific facts are either wrong or I'm different.

1) They say left-handed people reach puberty later. That wasn't the case with me. I was already Baaligh from the age of 10-11.

2) I don't mind spiral notebooks.

3) I'm the worst in the entire world when it comes to graphics and art. They claim right-handed people are better at logic, language, maths, etc. whereas left-handed people are more creative, better at art, daydream more, etc. That's false, in my case. I'm better at writing, logic, language, coding, etc., and absolutely terrible at any kind of art or graphics.
Exactly! I absolutely love maths and coding, and language! As for art.. Not really. :/ I had an interest, but it was haram. :(

noraina
09-05-2016, 06:12 PM
There would be exceptions to the rules:

I don't think any lefties here are going to become alcoholics (astaghfirullah no).

I'm many things but unfortunately genius isn't one of them, lol.

And I am rubbish at video games *and* handling too much stimuli (I like peace and quiet).

Whether we die nine years earlier or not is entirely up to Allah swt.

But I am artistic and I daydream and rubbish at any maths-oriented subjects.

noraina
09-05-2016, 06:13 PM
Exactly! I absolutely love maths and coding, and language! As for art.. Not really. :/ I had an interest, but it was haram.
Art isn't haram though akhi, it depends what you do.

Serinity
09-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Well, I used to draw eyes.......... Isn't that haram? Other than that, I don't like drawing. :D

mission2succeed
09-05-2016, 06:21 PM
Well, I used to draw eyes.......... Isn't that haram? Other than that, I don't like drawing. :D
Yes its best to keep away from drawing the features of a face.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-05-2016, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't be much of a writer if I wasn't good at language...

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-05-2016, 06:39 PM
Yes. You could do scenic paintings like Bob Ross.

زهراء
09-05-2016, 06:48 PM
I wouldn't be much of a writer if I wasn't good at language...
How many languages do you know?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-05-2016, 06:50 PM
Fluent in four.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-05-2016, 06:50 PM
With a little bit of knowledge in some other languages too.

Abz2000
09-05-2016, 07:44 PM
I used to get similar issues when writing with my left hand, my mom used to threaten to tie my left hand behind my back lol, i eat with the right, bowl with the left, bat with the right, kick with the left, punch harder with the left, wield weapons with the left, so i'm mainly left handed, it did affect me psychologically as a kid and made me quite rebellious being wrongly told that it was wrong to write arabic with the left hand, but my mom got used to it and so did the few others who tried to (albeit wrongly) tell me that it was wrong.

When Khaalid ibn al Waleed (may Allah be pleased with him) was called to explain his actions by Abu Bakr AsSiddique (ra) he is reported to have said: "this must be the work of the left handed one" referring to 'Umar ibn Al Khattaab (ra) :) and 'Umar was one of the few gifted with the ability to read and write since his father too was a scribe (even the name khattab is rooted in writing).
It was never mentioned as a fault but rather as is usual even today seen as different from the norm, there are however numerous benefits - especially when blocking a right handed punch and delivering a solid blow to a right jaw bone handed on a platter, i speak from experience lol, most people expect to block or dodge a right hand blow.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-05-2016, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000

When Khaalid ibn al Waleed (may Allah be pleased with him) was called to explain his actions by Abu Bakr AsSiddique (ra) he is reported to have said: "this must be the work of the left handed one" referring to 'Umar ibn Al Khattaab (ra) and 'Umar was one of the few gifted with the ability to read and write since his father too was a scribe
You read this in Futooh-ush-Shaam, correct?

M.I.A.
09-05-2016, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
I used to get similar issues when writing with my left hand, my mom used to threaten to tie my left hand behind my back lol, i eat with the right, bowl with the left, bat with the right, kick with the left, punch harder with the left, wield weapons with the left, so i'm mainly left handed, it did effect me psychologically as a kid and made me quite rebellious being wrongly told that it was wrong to write arabic with the left hand, but my mom got used to it and so did the few others who tried to (albeit wrongly) tell me that it was wrong.

When Khaalid ibn al Waleed (may Allah be pleased with him) was called to explain his actions by Abu Bakr AsSiddique (ra) he is reported to have said: "this must be the work of the left handed one" referring to 'Umar ibn Al Khattaab (ra) :) and 'Umar was one of the few gifted with the ability to read and write since his father too was a scribe (even the name khattab is rooted in writing).
It was never mentioned as a fault but rather as is usual even today seen as different from the norm, there are however numerous benefits - especially when blocking a right handed punch and delivering a solid blow to a right jaw bone handed on a platter, i speak from experience lol, most people expect to block or dodge a right hand blow.
..that..

sounds like humour.

must have been nice.

may Allah swt be pleased with them

Serinity
09-05-2016, 09:05 PM
I feel like I have more control over my left hand, more will pulled into it. I feel more immersed with my left hand rather than with my right. Idk how to explain it.

If I ever get into a fight, I will use my left hand - why? It requires less brain force- and less thinking. With my right I have to use extra brain power to control my right hand.

Abz2000
09-05-2016, 09:09 PM
You read this in Futooh-ush-Shaam, correct?
I don't know if i've read that book brother but i have come across it in multiple audio lectures and pdf books on the sahaabah (ra)
Sheikh Anwar al awlaki also mentions it in his oral treatise on huroob ar-riddah.

Since it's not available in saheehain (huroob ar-Riddah came after hadith) and you happened to ask, i'm now wondering if it is a reliable narration, are you familiar with the story?

ReboundMuslimah
09-05-2016, 09:56 PM
I'm left handed and I have been training myself to eat with my right hand but I always find myself going back to the left.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-05-2016, 10:04 PM
Yes. It's mentioned by Imaam al-Waaqidi رحمة الله عليه, who is an authority in Taareekh. He narrates it in his "Kitaab ar-Ridah". The A'immah of the past regarded him as being Dha`eef when it came to the field of Hadeeth, but they all accepted history from him, Imaam Maalik included. He and Imaam Maalik were friends.

It is also mentioned by Imaam at-Tabari رحمة الله عليه in "Taareekh at-Tabari", under the chapter of the narrations concerning Musaylamah al Kadh-dhaab as well as in the chapter on the Battle of Ajnaadayn.

It is also mentioned by the legendary Imaam ibn al-Jawzi رحمة الله عليه in "al-Muntazham fee Taareekh al-Mulook wal-Umam".

It is also narrated by Imaam ad-Daarimi رحمة الله عليه in "ath-Thiqaat".

It is also narrated by Imaam ibn `Asaakir رحمة الله عليه in "Taareekh Dimashq".

So yes, it is a very strong and reliable narration.

والله تعالى أعلم

M.I.A.
09-05-2016, 10:04 PM
concentrate while eating.

I usually say bismillah irahman irahim with every bite.

..extreme.

not a great conversationist

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-05-2016, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser
I'm left handed and I have been training myself to eat with my right hand but I always find myself going back to the left.
You have to make sure to eat with your right hand, sister. It was the command of Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم.

You just have to make an effort for a short while, and very soon you will get used to it, In Shaa Allaah.

Souljette
09-07-2016, 04:09 AM

Lol I am left-handed as well and I'm a woman and I am nowhere near creative hehe

Serinity
09-07-2016, 08:51 AM
I am creative............ I think. People call me vivid and stuff. :) lol.

mission2succeed
09-07-2016, 12:57 PM
Fluent in four.
Masha'allah which four brother?

mission2succeed
09-07-2016, 12:58 PM
Keep on trying you will soon get the hang of it insha'allah.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-07-2016, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mission2succeed
Masha'allah which four brother?

1. Arabic
  2. Urdu
  3. English
  4. Afrikaans

Because Afrikaans is similar to German and Dutch, I can also understand a bit of those languages too. Alhamdulillaah. And Hindi is very similar to Urdu, so I can understand Hindi as well.

noraina
09-07-2016, 02:13 PM
Ma'sha'Allah, if only I could speak four languages fluently.

Learning to speak a language is a lot of effort but so worth it, once you know the language of a place or people, you can gain the kind of insights into a culture and way of life you wouldn't get to see if you didn't.

My English (obviously) and Urdu are fluent.

My Farsi and Arabic are okay, I can understand them both well but my speaking is a little weak.

noraina
09-07-2016, 02:19 PM
It was difficult for me as well, but if for a few weeks you really focus on eating with your right hand, it will be quite easy to stick to it inshaAllah.

It reminds me of when I was 15 and getting accustomed to it, I was eating and the spoon kind of slipped and I flicked a lump of rice halfway across the room. My grandmother wasn't impressed *at all* but me and my sister were practically dying with laughter, lol.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-07-2016, 02:25 PM
Usaamah was left-handed.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-07-2016, 02:27 PM
Maybe a list can be compiled of famous Muslims who were left-handed. At the top of that list we already have Hadhrat `Umar ibn al-Khattaab رضي الله عنه.

Scimitar
09-07-2016, 02:32 PM
South Paw :) that's so cool lol

Scimi

noraina
09-07-2016, 02:35 PM
Maybe a list can be compiled of famous Muslims who were left-handed. At the top of that list we already have Hadhrat `Umar ibn al-Khattaab رضي الله عنه.

That would be an amazing idea. I'd print it out and send it to anyone who called a left-handed child a 'shaytaan'.

I brought the biography of `Umar ibn al-Khattaab رضي الله عنه the other day, subhanAllah such an inspirational figure....honestly no words. Perhaps my favourite part is seeing how he developed and changed with Islam, and became the respected leader he did.

Souljette
09-07-2016, 03:47 PM
I never knew that Umar r.a was left handed pretty cool ..u know Muslim left handed ppl kind of do get ambidextrous xuz they do certain things with right and then left hand all the playing and stuff and actions ...i know English, Urdu, bangla, another version of bangla like chittagonian, lil bit of Arabic, Spanish and French not fluent tho and trying to learn sign language now

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-07-2016, 03:55 PM
Maashaa'Allaah. That's a lot of languages.

SAROYA
09-09-2016, 09:10 PM
Hey there,
As humans we have always had a thing against different. Left handed people have always been a minority (the probability of two right handed parents having a left handed child is around 9%), they were the 'weird' ones. Even the word 'left' derives from the Anglo-Saxon word for weak. Point is humanity is pretty poor when it comes to dealing with unusual (root of racism).
Now, the very earliest of civilizations treated the right hand as the skillful one. Roman togas had pockets on the left so you could continue to work with the right. Now, the majority right handers ruled that the right hand be used for contact and tool work etc and that the left hand be the one that be allowed to get dirty. That makes sense. Unfortunately this rule then got intertwined with religion. It was made divine law now that you ate, shook hands etc with the right and you left you left hand to deal with the mess. Once people started mixing the logic of the tradition with God's will, well we saw a lot of problems arise. Centuries ago the Catholic Church declared left handed people the work of the Devil. Today all across the world many Muslim children live impaired lives, being forced to use their weaker hand, because of this poor lack of understanding how genetics work and the neurological reasoning as well as having forgotten why society came up with this preference historically. Instead they, like medieval barbarians, continue to be obsessed with the right hand - the hand they think their benevolent Allah prefers. I hope you see the irony.

M.I.A.
09-09-2016, 09:50 PM
we are all things to all people.

if you give salaam to both sides..

one man's right is another's left.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAROYA
the hand they think their benevolent Allah prefers. I hope you see the irony.
Why do you say "their" Allaah?

SAROYA
09-09-2016, 11:16 PM
Because the Allah I would envision would be benevolent. He would not judge you based on which of your hands is stronger.

Why do you say "their" Allaah?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 11:22 PM
Nevertheless, Allaah Ta`aalaa is One. No one has a "separate Allaah".

SAROYA
09-09-2016, 11:40 PM
Out of politeness I subtly suggest that I think their Allah's interpretation is incorrect. Now, let's be honest, you have something personal against me - however, here I think your judgement was totally undue. It seems politeness is very easily confused with sacrilege.

Nevertheless, Allaah Ta`aalaa is One. No one has a "separate Allaah".

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-10-2016, 10:28 AM
Out of politeness I subtly suggest that I think their Allah's interpretation is incorrect. Now, let's be honest, you have something personal against me - however, here I think your judgement was totally undue. It seems politeness is very easily confused with sacrilege.
Does it seem that way?

Maybe I'm becoming like Rodrigo Duterte. Eat people with some salt & vinegar.

noraina
09-10-2016, 10:33 AM
Because the Allah I would envision would be benevolent. He would not judge you based on which of your hands is stronger.
If people think that being left-handed is something 'bad', then that is their ignorance. The fault is with them, not with Islam.

Allah swt wouldn't judge you for being right- or left-handed, the only thing we are judged by is our level of piety and righteousness.

Serinity
09-10-2016, 10:53 AM
Am I right in that at the time of Death only Allah can save you from the trials of Death, and from shaytaan's deception?

Without The help of Allah, we'd never surpass the trial of death and the encounter with Shaytaan. As we are at our weakest at the time of death, correct?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
Am I right in that at the time of Death only Allah can save you from the trials of Death, and from shaytaan's deception?

Without The help of Allah, we'd never surpass the trial of death and the encounter with Shaytaan. As we are at our weakest at the time of death, correct?
Absolutely, akhi.

Serinity
09-10-2016, 11:33 AM
Absolutely, akhi.
That gives me a kind of relief. Tbh :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.