/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What's Islam's stance on finding another planet?

Aaqib
09-05-2016, 05:59 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/m/f0...and-start.html

I'd like to see what you all think about the discovery of another "planet".

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noraina
09-05-2016, 06:20 PM
I don't think it would be contrary to Islamic teachings to entertain the possibility of their being other planets or lifeforms out there.

The truth is we just don't know. Allah swt is the 'Lord of the Worlds', insaan and jinns and animals and plants may not be the only life He has created, or it might be, but the truth is while this subject is absolutely fascinating, it wouldn't help us in either our deen or iman or even in this dunya so knowing about whether extra-terrestrial life exists or not isn't necessary.

Allahu alam.

Samiun
09-05-2016, 06:20 PM
:sl: pretty cool I guess. There's a billion of galaxies(or was it stars..) so its kinda open to all sorts of possibilities. Before this there was Keppler 22-B(Namek anyone?) so while it's still interesting it's nothing 'new'. Mars at one point in time was also covered with Water and life seemed to flourish as well.

What I wanna know is what on Earth is down in the Baltic Sea(sea Baltic Sea Anomaly[Did you see what I did there?]) and the Loch Ness monster. They could find a planet like thousand of light-years away but 97% of the Earth's waters are still undiscovered? I'd dare say we have a lot of other things undiscovered here.

The only explanation I'd go with UFOs are Jinns showing themselves up from time to time.

Aaqib
09-05-2016, 06:27 PM
Yes, but what about the Dajjal, if no one is on earth, who will Dajjal trial onto? (Being hypothetical here)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Samiun
09-05-2016, 06:31 PM
I don't follow.. what about the Dajjal?

Aaqib
09-05-2016, 06:35 PM
The Dajjal will have no one to pester anyone if no one is on earth as the dajjal is to be sent to earth, correct?

I've probably lost a few nails since I hit my head on a crossbar in a soccer game... I can't say that it was worth it though...

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-05-2016, 06:44 PM
Is it possible there can be life on other planets? Yes. Is it likely people from earth will manage to go there and inhabit it? No.

As you mentioned, Dajjaal will be on this earth. Qiyaamah will take place on this earth. People will be resurrected on this earth.

Maybe Aaqib is thinking, "Is there life on other planets? If so, does that life include females? If so, are they good looking? If so, do they want to get married?"

I have understood. You are not married, that is why.

Abz2000
09-05-2016, 09:58 PM
If anyone is willing to spend their resources searching and finds any, good, better than spending it on unjust bloodshed and pushing atheism and sin at the masses, and i'd be glad to know, just as i'm glad that humans got on the moon and learned about the laws of orbit set in place and got some satellites up there, now we can communicate in a halal, easy and fast way.

Regarding planets, i grew up memorizing the given names of nine (mostly named after pagan idols) in our solar system, but after reading surah Yusuf, realized that there are eleven recognized as worthy of being called planets by Allah (ahada 'ashara kawkaban) just as there are 12 recognized months in a year since the creation of the heavens and the earth.

Allah also tells us in the Quran that eavesdropping jinns are chased out of the nearest heaven by bright flames or stars, if "nearest heaven" includes the galaxies we see, then it is not impossible that the jinns are very numerous and inhabit other planets, most American elite are obsessed with astronomy and also in communicating with jinn and doing the work of shaytaan (who also happens to be jinn so yeah, it seems to add up that they have their little meet-ups with "alien" visitors and get up to date with the latest stealthily snatched "news".

There have been people communicating with them for millenia and setting up sciences of astrology etc, isaac newton was really involved in researching it - that guy was a called a geni-us, so were pythagoras and einstein.

In the Northern hemisphere’s sky, hovering above the Milky Way, there are two constellations—Cygnus the swan, her wings outstretched in full flight, and Lyra, the harp that accompanied poetry in ancient Greece, from which we take our word “lyric.”

Between these constellations sits an unusual star, invisible to the naked eye, but visible to the Kepler Space Telescope, which stared at it for more than four years, beginning in 2009.

“We’d never seen anything like this star,” says Tabetha Boyajian, a postdoc at Yale. “It was really weird. We thought it might be bad data or movement on the spacecraft, but everything checked out.”

Kepler was looking for tiny dips in the light emitted by this star. Indeed, it was looking for these dips in more than 150,000 stars, simultaneously, because these dips are often shadows cast by transiting planets. Especially when they repeat, periodically, as you’d expect if they were caused by orbiting objects.

The Kepler Space Telescope collected a great deal of light from all of those stars it watched. So much light that Kepler’s science team couldn’t process it all with algorithms. They needed the human eye, and human cognition, which remains unsurpassed in certain sorts of pattern recognition. Kepler’s astronomers decided to found Planet Hunters, a program that asked “citizen scientists” to examine light patterns emitted by the stars, from the comfort of their own homes.

In 2011, several citizen scientists flagged one particular star as “interesting” and “bizarre.” The star was emitting a light pattern that looked stranger than any of the others Kepler was watching.

The light pattern suggests there is a big mess of matter circling the star, in tight formation. That would be expected if the star were young. When our solar system first formed, four and a half billion years ago, a messy disk of dust and debris surrounded the sun, before gravity organized it into planets, and rings of rock and ice.

But this unusual star isn’t young. If it were young, it would be surrounded by dust that would give off extra infrared light. There doesn’t seem to be an excess of infrared light around this star.

It appears to be mature.

And yet, there is this mess of objects circling it. A mess big enough to block a substantial number of photons that would have otherwise beamed into the tube of the Kepler Space Telescope. If blind nature deposited this mess around the star, it must have done so recently. Otherwise, it would be gone by now. Gravity would have consolidated it, or it would have been sucked into the star and swallowed, after a brief fiery splash.

Boyajian, the Yale Postdoc who oversees Planet Hunters, recently published a paper describing the star’s bizarre light pattern. Several of the citizen scientists are named as co-authors. The paper explores a number of scenarios that might explain the pattern—instrument defects; the shrapnel from an asteroid belt pileup; an impact of planetary scale, like the one that created our moon.

The paper finds each explanation wanting, save for one. If another star had passed through the unusual star’s system, it could have yanked a sea of comets inward. Provided there were enough of them, the comets could have made the dimming pattern.

But that would be an extraordinary coincidence, if that happened so recently, only a few millennia before humans developed the tech to loft a telescope into space. That’s a narrow band of time, cosmically speaking.

And yet, the explanation has to be rare or coincidental. After all, this light pattern doesn’t show up anywhere else, across 150,000 stars. We know that something strange is going on out there.

When I spoke to Boyajian on the phone, she explained that her recent paper only reviews “natural” scenarios. “But,” she said, there were “other scenarios” she was considering.

Jason Wright, an astronomer from Penn State University, is set to publish an alternative interpretation of the light pattern. SETI researchers have long suggested that we might be able to detect distant extraterrestrial civilizations, by looking for enormous technological artifacts orbiting other stars. Wright and his co-authors say the unusual star’s light pattern is consistent with a “swarm of megastructures,” perhaps stellar-light collectors, technology designed to catch energy from the star.

“When [Boyajian] showed me the data, I was fascinated by how crazy it looked,” Wright told me. “Aliens should always be the very last hypothesis you consider, but this looked like something you would expect an alien civilization to build.”

Boyajian is now working with Wright and Andrew Siemion, the Director of the SETI Research Center at the University of California, Berkeley. The three of them are writing up a proposal. They want to point a massive radio dish at the unusual star, to see if it emits radio waves at frequencies associated with technological activity.

If they see a sizable amount of radio waves, they’ll follow up with the Very Large Array (VLA) in New Mexico, which may be able to say whether the radio waves were emitted by a technological source, like those that waft out into the universe from Earth’s network of radio stations.

Assuming all goes well, the first observation would take place in January, with the follow-up coming next fall. If things go really well, the follow-up could happen sooner. “If we saw something exciting, we could ask the director for special allotted time on the VLA,” Wright told me. “And in that case, we’d be asking to go on right away.”

In the meantime, Boyajian, Siemion, Wright, the citizen scientists, and the rest of us, will have to content ourselves with longing looks at the sky, aimed between the swan and the lyre, where maybe, just maybe, someone is looking back, and seeing the sun dim ever so slightly, every 365 days.

http://www.theatlantic.com/science/a...galaxy/410023/

Here's some of the more bizarre sounding stuff, but yeah, jinns exist and so do angels, and they travel according to laws and they do visit planet earth, and if you expect to find all the information of communication and methods gathered over the millenia, expect to find a bulk of it in America, they even buy ancient scriptures and scrolls and hide them, so i wouldn't be shocked if we one day find suhuf Ibrahim hidden in some archive over there.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/scienc...and-NASA-visit

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...psocgklnva.png

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...psolmzvu0v.png

Samiun
09-06-2016, 01:49 AM
:sl:

While we're at the topic of Astronomy(and Dajjal), according Sh Hamza Yusuf one of the founding fathers of the space age was an open devil worshipper and he met a guy in a dream called 'Belly-Old DAJJAL' and he told him "YOU are helping me.". There is a relationship between it(and Sihr?) and technology in general so many more things left needed to understand in a different way.

czgibson
09-06-2016, 02:16 AM
Greetings,

If life on other planets was found to exist, and it turned out that the aliens on the planet worshipped Allah and held copies of the Qur'an in its unique and unalterable Arabic text, how mightily impressed would you be?

Peace

Zafran
09-06-2016, 04:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

If life on other planets was found to exist, and it turned out that the aliens on the planet worshiped Allah and held copies of the Qur'an in its unique and unalterable Arabic text, how mightily impressed would you be?

Peace
You do know Muslims worship the same God that talked to the Hebrews and Jesus pbuh? right? so its plausible that God would give other alien life forms a revelation - We already believe in Jinns and Angels so its plausible that the God of the universe would have given them guidance.

noraina
09-06-2016, 06:40 AM
Greetings,

If life on other planets was found to exist, and it turned out that the aliens on the planet worshipped Allah and held copies of the Qur'an in its unique and unalterable Arabic text, how mightily impressed would you be?

Peace
It's entirely possible, we just don't know if Allah swt has created other alien lifeforms or not, and it may be He gave them revelations and guided them to Islam. Who knows? Allah swt doesn't tell us everything, just what *we* need to know to guide us and fulfil our religion, and there is no harm is exploring and discovering things in the world and universe around us for ourselves - it only increases our faith in Him and a thirst for knowledge, of all kinds.

kritikvernunft
09-06-2016, 10:31 AM
They would see that time progresses. With time progressing by addition (day by day, hour by our, minute by minute), it would be a stretch to believe that time is infinite. An infinite entity does not progress, because adding anything to infinite just yields the same value: infinite. Hence time is finite. If time is finite, there is a beginning of times. If everything that happens has a cause that precedes it, and you work your way back to the beginning of times, you will obviously find the very first cause, which is clearly the principle of causality to everything that exists.

In other words, the concept of a first cause that is the universal principle of causality, is the same all over the universe. Hence, you can expect their beliefs to be pretty much equivalent to what the majority of people believe here on earth, since these beliefs naturally emanate from the characteristics of the universe.

ardianto
09-06-2016, 11:55 AM
Greetings,

Peace
Greetings,

I would not surprised if aliens in other planets embrace religion that similar as Islam because there is logical explanation (according to religious view), that Allah sent His messengers to other planets too. But I would be very surprised if those aliens spoke Arabic and had holy book that written in Arabic, because it would not be happen without interaction between earth human and aliens before.

Language is human made civilization product. Arabic language too. If Allah communicate with prophet Muhammad in Arabic and Qur'an revealed in Arabic, it's because prophet Muhammad spoke Arabic.

Peace to you too.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-06-2016, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
there is logical explanation (according to religious view), that Allah sent His messengers to other planets too.
What is your evidence to back up this statement?

ardianto
09-06-2016, 12:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
What is your evidence to back up this statement?
Assalamualaikum shaykh.

I didn't say Allah sent the messengers who we know on earth to other planets too. But IF aliens in other planets worshiped Allah and embraced religion that similar as Allah's religion, then the logical explanation is Allah sent the messengers who we didn't know to the aliens. Those messenger were not human like us, but aliens like them.

If Allah created intelligent creatures that have ability to think and build civilization, and have free will, would Allah let them live without guidance?.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-06-2016, 02:26 PM
Assalamualaikum shaykh.

I didn't say Allah sent the messengers who we know on earth to other planets too. But IF aliens in other planets worshiped Allah and embraced religion that similar as Allah's religion, then the logical explanation is Allah sent the messengers who we didn't know to the aliens. Those messenger were not human like us, but aliens like them.

If Allah created intelligent creatures that have ability to think and build civilization, and have free will, would Allah let them live without guidance?.
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

Respected brother ardianto,

The senior `Ulamaa have explained that Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم has been described by Allaah Ta`aalaa in the Qur'aan as "Rahmatul-lil-`Aalameen" (a Mercy for All the Worlds). `Aalameen refers to every single world and every single realm. Hence, if there were to be intelligent life on other planets, the `Ulamaa have said that they would have to believe in Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم and follow his Sharee`ah, because there can be no Nabi after him. Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم is "Khaatam-ul-Ambiyaa wal-Mursaleen" (The Seal of the Prophets and Messengers). No Nabi or Rasool can come after him.

Allaah Ta`aalaa has told us of only three intelligent species:

1. Man
  2. Malaa'ikah (Angels)
  3. Jinn

Allaah Ta`aalaa says in the Qur'aan:

وما خلقت الجن والإنس إلا ليعبدون

"I have not created Jinn and Ins (mankind) except so that they may worship Me."

No alien life forms from other planets have been mentioned in this Aayah. If we were to say that intelligent life exists on other planets, would that mean they need their own Qur'aan? That can't happen, because the Qur'aan is the Kalaam of Allaah Ta`aalaa, Ghayr Makhlooq (Uncreated). The Qur'aan is the final Wahi (Revelation) from Allaah Ta`aalaa.

So at most, it is possible that life can exist on other planets, but not intelligent life like human beings and Jinn.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-06-2016, 02:28 PM
Allaah Ta`aalaa knows best.

Scimitar
09-06-2016, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib

I think it's pretty much left to ones imagination... we will discover things in the next life that will surely blow our minds - into other dimensions. Now there's a thought to go insane over...

Scifi (see what I did there?)

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-06-2016, 10:17 PM
If there were to be life on other planets they would probably be making Du`aa that Allaah Ta`aalaa never allows America to set foot there. How long would it take the American government to try and "colonise" them? Call the inhabitants backwards, enforce their American constitution on the inhabitants, ruin the natural land by building skyscrapers which block out the sun, steal all the oil if there is any. And if any of the unfortunate inhabitants put up a bit of a resistance, they'll be called "terrorists" and aerial bombed. Drone strikes on the ones leading the resistance. Next thing you know America has taken the place for themselves and the natives are unwanted and kicked out.

It's better all-round if America and Britain never set foot on any other planets. They have a habit of "colonising" people, especially if they're brown.

mission2succeed
09-06-2016, 10:26 PM
Is it possible there can be life on other planets? Yes. Is it likely people from earth will manage to go there and inhabit it? No.

As you mentioned, Dajjaal will be on this earth. Qiyaamah will take place on this earth. People will be resurrected on this earth.

Maybe Aaqib is thinking, "Is there life on other planets? If so, does that life include females? If so, are they good looking? If so, do they want to get married?"

I have understood. You are not married, that is why.
LOL Brother :D;D

Abz2000
09-07-2016, 12:13 AM
Greetings,

Peace

Nothing to be too impressed about since we're familiar with the idea of the jinn understanding different human languages, it is the spirit of inspiration which intrigues me more since it is given the ability to transmit raw data from the preserved tablet which we sometimes have to make sense of ourselves.
The rythmic lyrics of the holy spirit are impressive, the evil jinn lyrics which the soul selling rappers and singers strive to gain are the more concerning type.

But why carl sagan who worked with SETI bothered to beam the arecibo message in super weird encryption into space still baffles me.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Sagan

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arecibo_message

Though his demonstration of turning basic chemicals into amino acids via exposure to radiation answered a few questions for me on the origins of life on earth which Allah tells us in the Quran was cloven asunder from the heavens after all of it had started off as mist.
another geni-us!

وَإِذْ صَرَفْنَا إِلَيْكَ نَفَرًا مِّنَ الْجِنِّ يَسْتَمِعُونَ الْقُرْآنَ فَلَمَّا حَضَرُوهُ قَالُوا أَنصِتُوا فَلَمَّا قُضِيَ وَلَّوْا إِلَى قَوْمِهِم مُّنذِرِينَ {29
046:029 Khan
:
And (remember) when We sent towards you (Muhammad SAW) Nafran (three to ten persons) of the jinns, (quietly) listening to the Qur'an, when they stood in the presence thereof, they said: "Listen in silence!" And when it was finished, they returned to their people, as warners.

Quran 46:29

1. Say: It has been revealed to me that a company of Jinns listened (to the Qur'an). They said, 'We have really heard a wonderful Recital!

2. 'It gives guidance to the Right, and we have believed therein: we shall not join (in worship) any (gods) with our Lord.

3. 'And Exalted is the Majesty of our Lord: He has taken neither a wife nor a son.

4. 'There were some foolish ones among us, who used to utter extravagant lies against Allah.

5. 'But we do think that no man or spirit should say aught that untrue against Allah.

6. 'True, there were persons among mankind who took shelter with persons among the Jinns, but they increased them in folly.

7. 'And they (came to) think as ye thought, that Allah would not raise up any one (to Judgment).

8. 'And we pried into the secrets of heaven; but we found it filled with stern guards and flaming fires.

9. 'We used, indeed, to sit there in (hidden) stations, to (steal) a hearing; but any who listen now will find a flaming fire watching him in ambush.

10. 'And we understand not whether ill is intended to those on earth, or whether their Lord (really) intends to guide them to right conduct.

11. 'There are among us some that are righteous, and some the contrary: we follow divergent paths.

12. 'But we think that we can by no means frustrate Allah throughout the earth, nor can we frustrate Him by flight.

13. 'And as for us, since we have listened to the Guidance, we have accepted it: and any who believes in his Lord has no fear, either of a short (account) or of any injustice.

14. 'Amongst us are some that submit their wills (to Allah., and some that swerve from justice. Now those who submit their wills - they have sought out (the path) of right conduct:

15. 'But those who swerve,- they are (but) fuel for Hell-fire'-

From Quran Chapter 72

Search
09-07-2016, 04:01 AM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

The question for me is if such a thing were to happen, would you be impressed enough to want to discover if perhaps just perhaps there is a God and to learn for yourself if you are a person who wants to express his thanks, for all the wonderful things you've been granted in life such as pursuing your music as a passion, for your beautiful friends and family, and for being born, in rediscovering the primordial spark of the divine fine print in yourself?

You see, all questions that begin with you must end with you too.

Greetings,

Peace

aaj
09-07-2016, 01:50 PM
Islam frowns upon useless talking and discussions. One should reflect and ponder over the creation and signs of Allah, not sit wasting time over things that will not benefit anyone. Allah says He created life and spread it throughout the universe. So we know there is life out there. We don't know what level of development and intelligence it is. But it doesn't matter as we are leaving this planet nor is anyone coming here. The jinns like to toy with the kuffars with all these ghosts and alien sightings.

czgibson
09-07-2016, 02:08 PM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by Search
The question for me is if such a thing were to happen, would you be impressed enough to want to discover if perhaps just perhaps there is a God and to learn for yourself if you are a person who wants to express his thanks, for all the wonderful things you've been granted in life such as pursuing your music as a passion, for your beautiful friends and family, and for being born, in rediscovering the primordial spark of the divine fine print in yourself?

You see, all questions that begin with you must end with you too.
If an Arabic text of the Qur'an were to be discovered on another planet, that would certainly be the strongest evidence so far in favour of Islam, and if I could be sure that it hadn't been planted there as a setup, then I would probably be swayed.

Peace

ardianto
09-07-2016, 02:18 PM
Greetings,

If an Arabic text of the Qur'an were to be discovered on another planet, that would certainly be the strongest evidence so far in favour of Islam, and if I could be sure that it hadn't been planted there as a setup, then I would probably be swayed.

Peace
Suddenly I remember one episode of "The X-Files" which Scully found a UFO with Qur'an Arabic texts on its body, and she said this is the proof that religions were conveyed by aliens from other planet.

:hmm:

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-07-2016, 02:22 PM
Suddenly I remember one episode of "The X-Files" which Scully found a UFO with Qur'an Arabic texts on its body, and she said this is the proof that religions were conveyed by aliens from other planet.

People will use any excuse in the world - no matter how ridiculous it may be - just to reject and turn away from the truth.

mission2succeed
09-07-2016, 03:30 PM

:hmm:
That's disgusting it just shows how low they can go and how they use the media to brainwash people!

Search
09-07-2016, 08:24 PM

Greetings,

Peace
There are strong evidences in favour of Islam that exist even now, and I'm planning on creating a thread about those evidences God-willing sometime soon when I have a chance one of these days. I'd request you to then peruse that thread (whenever it's created) because I'd know you would be willing to offer your objective point of view on these evidences. And I will hold you to your words on being swayed if you find them objectively strong. :)

By the way, I'm no means a poet, not even if I tried, but in the spirit of Rumi, I composed these lines before I'd read your response:

Pick up the gauntlet, my friend.
I'm a fool for love.
A thousand times over would I be willing to be a fool for the cup of wine in which lays the intoxication of the Beloved.
Join me in drinking from this cup of wine.
How can you know what this intoxication is when you're not willing to get drunk with me?

Music ends if it's on a sheet.
Let's come talk about the never-ending music.
Come get drunk with me.
Let's hear the music inside of us.
The Beloved is in thy heart and in mine,
Why must you insist on questions,
Here hear You are the Answer.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-07-2016, 08:27 PM
Did you write that poetry yourself? It's very good.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-07-2016, 08:28 PM
The poetry of Rumi and the poetry of Umar Khayyam is very similar.

Search
09-07-2016, 08:32 PM

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

Did you write that poetry yourself? It's very good.
Yes, brother, Alhamdhullilah (thanks, praise, and credit to God), I did. :)

That said, I don't think I can take all the credit because this poetry was inspired from conversations with our friend czgibson.

:wa: (And peace be upon you)

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-07-2016, 08:43 PM
I work in real life as a writer (while also running my own businesses), but my field has always only been prose. I've never ventured into poetry. If I did, it would be Arabic poetry.

Search
09-07-2016, 08:54 PM

Masha-Allah (as God-willed)
. That's awesome, respected brother! Allahumma barik (may Allah bless).

If I may ask, are you a nonfiction writer or a fiction writer? That said, I'm glad that you have a business as well as I imagine writing jobs are irregular if you freelance.

Yes, Arabic is a beautiful language, and it would make sense to write poetry in that; if only I knew Arabic language :(; I have picked up quite a lot of Arabic vocabulary from just hearing tafsir (exegesis) and also reading this corpus word-by-word Quran. Yet I know and don't think it will ever quite be the same though. I'd love to learn classical Arabic, although learning modern Arabic would be just as well in the meantime.

I work in real life as a writer (while also running my own businesses), but my field has always only been prose. I've never ventured into poetry. If I did, it would be Arabic poetry.

Aaqib
09-07-2016, 09:39 PM
If there were to be life on other planets they would probably be making Du`aa that Allaah Ta`aalaa never allows America to set foot there. How long would it take the American government to try and "colonise" them? Call the inhabitants backwards, enforce their American constitution on the inhabitants, ruin the natural land by building skyscrapers which block out the sun, steal all the oil if there is any. And if any of the unfortunate inhabitants put up a bit of a resistance, they'll be called "terrorists" and aerial bombed. Drone strikes on the ones leading the resistance. Next thing you know America has taken the place for themselves and the natives are unwanted and kicked out.

It's better all-round if America and Britain never set foot on any other planets. They have a habit of "colonising" people, especially if they're brown.
Just like how the Native Americans were kicked out when the English set foot in America!

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-07-2016, 09:57 PM

Masha-Allah (as God-willed)
. That's awesome, respected brother! Allahumma barik (may Allah bless).

If I may ask, are you a nonfiction writer or a fiction writer? That said, I'm glad that you have a business as well as I imagine writing jobs are irregular if you freelance.

Yes, Arabic is a beautiful language, and it would make sense to write poetry in that; if only I knew Arabic language :(; I have picked up quite a lot of Arabic vocabulary from just hearing tafsir (exegesis) and also reading this corpus word-by-word Quran. Yet I know and don't think it will ever quite be the same though. I'd love to learn classical Arabic, although learning modern Arabic would be just as well in the meantime.

Actually, I make quite a lot of money from writing as I take on contracts with different companies and individuals at a time, writing for all of them. And there's a bonus, in my case: I live in South Africa, and the majority of the companies and individuals I'm employed for are in the UK and US, so they pay in dollars and pounds. Now for someone living in South Africa, that is really good, because: $1 = R14.01. £1 = R18.68. £1,000 = R18,679.80.

So working as a writer brings me in more than enough money, Alhamdulillaah.

(I work as a non-fiction writer. I used to do fiction at one point, but left it off a few years before enrolling to become an `Aalim. That's quite a long time ago.)

noraina
09-07-2016, 10:09 PM
True, I think any inhabitants of other planets would be much better off if we didn't find them at all.

Humans have a habit of dominating anything strange or unknown and in most cases making everything worse.

As usual, history testifies to that.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-07-2016, 10:18 PM
Very true. They've already ruined this earth. Why do they still want to go to other planets and ruin them as well.

czgibson
09-08-2016, 01:01 AM
Greetings,

There are strong evidences in favour of Islam that exist even now, and I'm planning on creating a thread about those evidences God-willing sometime soon when I have a chance one of these days. I'd request you to then peruse that thread (whenever it's created) because I'd know you would be willing to offer your objective point of view on these evidences. And I will hold you to your words on being swayed if you find them objectively strong.
I would be happy to discuss these things with you in a public thread such as you describe, as long as the forum staff were happy for such a discussion to take place.

That said, I don't think I can take all the credit because this poetry was inspired from conversations with our friend czgibson.
All my own words! Stolen! She's nicked that poem from me!

Haha. Just kidding. It's an excellent poem. Although I disagree with some of the content, and I don't understand the last line, nobody can deny there's some really seductive use of language there.

Peace

talibilm
09-08-2016, 01:18 AM
Assalamualaikum shaykh.

:sl:

These are the verses of the Noble Quran that Implies your thoughts & the op's link.

Noble Quran 17:99 '' Do they not see that Allah , who created the heavens and earth, is [the one] Able to create the likes of them? And He has appointed for them a term, about which there is no doubt. But the wrongdoers refuse [anything] except disbelief. ''

&

36:81 '' Is not He who created the heavens and the earth Able to create the likes of them?Yes, [it is so]; and He is the Knowing Creator.

&

65:12 '' It is Allah who has created seven heavens and of the earth, the like of them. [His] command descends among them so you may know that Allah is over all things competent and that Allah has encompassed all things in knowledge.

Kiro
09-08-2016, 01:26 AM
Can I be a space captain please

Search
09-08-2016, 02:00 AM

Greetings,

I would be happy to discuss these things with you in a public thread such as you describe, as long as the forum staff were happy for such a discussion to take place.
Well, we'll hope for the best. And we will get to that bridge when it happens.

All my own words! Stolen! She's nicked that poem from me!
Hey, musician, just be happy that you were my muse! Everyone should like to be someone's muse once in a lifetime. ;) Haha.

On the other hand, I am happy to give you all the credit if you agree to "get drunk with me."

Haha. Just kidding. It's an excellent poem. Although I disagree with some of the content, and I don't understand the last line, nobody can deny there's some really seductive use of language there.

Peace
Well, the last line was because of the question that you asked originally in this thread, and after responding to you, I'd simply written this poem. You're the answer to your own question, and as I told you before, that every question that begins with you must end with you too as those questions are noise and you when you observe silence, you are observing yourself as the answer.

*Raspberries* Can't disagree with the poem if you're yet not "drunk."

"Come get drunk with me." :statisfie

kritikvernunft
09-08-2016, 02:23 AM
People will use any excuse in the world - no matter how ridiculous it may be - just to reject and turn away from the truth.
Since it is the perceived finitude of time itself that suggests a beginning of times and a first cause, the idea of a first cause would naturally emerge anywhere in the universe. It will be the default point of view. Still, indeed, there will always be people who will challenge this.

As the intention in the Quran is to reveal the law of mankind, and with mankind specifically adapted to survival on earth, we can reasonably assume that aliens will be adapted to their own planet. They may, for example, have another system of reproduction. Their version of the Quran will contain rules mandating that they follow the laws that go with that system and not with ours. In other words, the Quran is a message specifically addressing mankind. For example, if elephants were intelligent, they would receive their different version of the Quran.

The concept of a first cause is universal, but mankind is not.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 10:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
Can I be a space captain please
I don't see why not.

Kiro
09-08-2016, 04:26 PM
I don't see why not.
FIGHT fight, be the best space pirate there ever waaaaaAAAAASSS

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 04:58 PM
FIGHT fight, be the best space pirate there ever waaaaaAAAAASSS
The Space Pirate King?

Or King of the Space Pirates...

Kiro
09-09-2016, 02:11 PM
The Space Pirate King?

Or King of the Space Pirates...
Does it matter?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 02:31 PM
Does it matter?
Makes a difference.

Born_Believer
09-18-2016, 10:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib

Are you asking what is the Islamic view about what happens if mankind lived on another planet?

That is never going to happen so just relax.

a.danhamidu
09-18-2016, 01:41 PM
Allah sent/created us for the sole purpose of worshipping Him. Any other halal endeavours we engage in should be directly involved in sustaining us (Rizq-related activities like working for wages) and facilitating our abilities (most relevant education) to worship Him.
I see no problem with studying the cosmos as it helps us to fear, admire and visually acknowledge Allah's Majesty. But hunting for other planets is a waste of time as it won't yield any extra intellectual profit forbus let alone material profit. We don't even have affordable tech for getting near such planets if we do find them.
Focus your efforts on understanding Islam and Allah and avoid digressing.

noraina
09-18-2016, 03:32 PM
NASA wants to send humans to Mars around 2030.

It's fascinating as it is frightening, I have been so enchanted by the night sky since I was 5 years old - and I still feel that same amazement now, alhamdulillah, hasn't decreased one bit.

That said, I'm happy observing it from Earth - I don't like going too far from home, lol.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.