/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help me learn Islam faster

~*~Serene~*~
09-05-2016, 09:50 PM
Hi -

I want understand islam better. I am going to be open up a window in my life for studying soon. Honestly, I have been battling with this for long time and think I am closer to opening a time frame. I need people to help me create a study structure.

Before I go on this journey I have book that I need to read and study first and take test for. If I can conquer this book and then I know I can handle studying islam. After I feel I have stronger understanding of islam I am going to read other belief structures. Islam encourages attaining knowledge so I will.

I want my study to include audios and videos because I struggle with attention and focus. This is temporary solution until reading becomes less of an issue. I think this as the biggest barrier for me and having time. Time will be solved soon but the focus is work in progress

If you know of audio and videos that can make me better understanding of islam please provide them. I would like to actually like to take audio online course.

My favorite speakers I have come across are Canadian Shabir Ally and American Hamaza Yusuf.
I am in Canada so I find it easier to understand them. I found a podcast online but I found it depressing. Presentation and clear explanation is everything. I want know what other options are available.

I need a study structure. Please makes suggestions on what to do. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a section related to this topic on the forum and I didn't find it yet. You can move this thread if it will help

Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
drac16
09-05-2016, 10:12 PM
Salam alaykum!

Are you familiar with Yasir Qadhi? he did a series of lectures about prophet Muhammad's life. It's a series with over 100 lectures, so that will keep you busy for a long time, insha Allah. Here's the link to it on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...A99D24CA2F9A8F

Little_Lion
09-05-2016, 10:15 PM
http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/

They have a free diploma program, and everything is taught with audio and video in English. I'm taking it now and it is VERY good.

islamirama
09-05-2016, 11:05 PM
I would advise staying away from celebrity sheiks, those with deviant ideologies and those with weak knowledge.

In short, I would stay away from following speakers:

Hamza Yusuf (sufi deviant) and his institute
Zaid Shakir (sufi deviant) and his institute

Yusuf Estes (weak knowledge)
Zakir Naik (weak knowledge)

nouman ali khan (liar, deviant) and his institute
yasir qadhi (liar, deviant) and his institute
suhaib webb(liar, deviant)

Others here will disagree but those who do lack the knowledge to differentiate between lies and real knowledge because only knowledge they have is from these.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
09-06-2016, 12:02 AM
Lives of the prophets,
Life of muhammad (pbuh) makkan period medinan period
Abu bakr assiddeeq his life and times
Umar ibn al khattab his life and times
Lessons from the companions living as a minority
Hijra
Short talks after fajr
Plus more.

Imam Anwar al Awlaki has exerted much scholarly effort into these works and one thing you'll notice is that he regularly makes the events that he works through relevant to our current time, he's very intelligent, very passionate, (more malcolm x than martin luther king) honest and straightforward and isn't much of a people pleaser. You can expect no compromise in terms of unjust political pressure, he was hated by the corrupt and walked the talk 'til the end. (Although i beleive he could have done more for us as a scholar than as a single fighter). In an evil time, the scholars and revolutionaries to listen carefully to are the ones who are hated by those in positions of government.

Anyway, choose for yourself.

eesa the kiwi
09-06-2016, 08:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion
http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/

They have a free diploma program, and everything is taught with audio and video in English. I'm taking it now and it is VERY good.
i reccomend this too

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-06-2016, 09:40 AM
Search for lectures of Shaykh Ahmad Jibreel on YouTube. He has a good series on Tawheed that is greatly beneficial.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.