/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Am I performing ghusl wrong?

anonymous
09-06-2016, 05:17 AM
I wash my hand 3 times and wash my private part. I than turn on the shower wash my body and make wudu and leave the feet to the last. I than really wash every inch of my body and get out and wash my feet three times. Is this right? I sometimes lose count of how many times I washed my hands and feet would that mean I would have to restart?

Also if the clothes I wore were najis would I have to repeat my ghusl? If someone could answer my questions that would be great.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-06-2016, 09:38 AM
1) The method you are doing Ghusl is correct.

2) Losing count does not require you to repeat the Ghusl.

3) Najis clothes will not affect the Ghusl.

والله تعالى أعلم

Umm Abed
09-07-2016, 03:04 PM
I was under the impression that you can do your whole ghusl under the shower without having to make a wudhu as ghusl is sufficient as a whole. And as long as the water is free-flowing into the drain you dont need to wash the feet separately. @Huzaifah ibn Adam.

I think this is an accepted view, also.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-07-2016, 03:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
I was under the impression that you can do your whole ghusl under the shower without having to make a wudhu as ghusl is sufficient as a whole. And as long as the water is free-flowing into the drain you dont need to wash the feet separately. @Huzaifah ibn Adam.

I think this is an accepted view, also.
Yes, even if the person having a shower doesn't perform Wudhoo, his Ghusl is still valid. However, performing Wudhoo is better. And yes, if there is a drain and the water is flowing down it and not accumulating, then there is no need to wash the feet again after the Ghusl is over.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Abed
09-07-2016, 04:01 PM
:jz: akhi, for that clarification may Allah swt increase your knowledge.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-07-2016, 04:04 PM
آمين يا رب العالمين

بارك الله فيك, أختي

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.