/* */

PDA

View Full Version : This life was all about Allah's deen or was it?

footy_craze
09-07-2016, 04:56 AM
I don't if this is the appropiate section or not. If it isn't the moderators can move it into the appropiate one.

Anyways, growing up in the west,I was taught both religion and secular knowledge. However, I and most of the students, if not all, grew up with the mindset that we should aim to become anything and everything in life except pertaining to deen. Just become anything but don't become a molvi.

It has no benefit whatsoever. People will laugh at you for growing a beard, practicing etc

So become anything just don't become a molvi. Become a musician,dancer,actor etc. Whatever you want but don't become a molvi. No girl would want to marry you etc.

However, after performing umrah. Visiting Madinah, I have learned that this life was all about Allah's deen and everything else was secondary. Every other knowledge or skill was secondary.

The purpose of this life was to constantly please Allah through good deeds, supplication, remebering Allah etc. This would be attained through by adhering to the Quran and Sunnah. Basically, every other thing in life whether it be education, sports, (you name it) As long as it was halal, was secondary and not the main purpose. Why has been following or adhering to the deen and its aspects not valued for and why has it lost its importance in our lives.

Im sitting in Madinah with this huge realization in the Prophet's mosque and thinking bout how life was in the west. Its everything but deen.

So has the ummah failed in teaching or what has happened. Feel free to share your views

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
drac16
09-07-2016, 06:45 AM
Alhamdulillah! such wisdom!

God Himself has revealed this truth to you. We were created to worship Allah in every area of our lives. Those who realize the nature of dunya are few in number.

greenhill
09-07-2016, 07:06 AM
Yes, in a way the ummah has failed.

It is part of Satan's solemn oath to lead us astray. How Satan has painted the world so that everyone would believe as you did prior to visiting Madinah..

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.