Kiro
09-07-2016, 09:02 PM
Has anyone done Kendo?

Has anyone done sword fighting?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-07-2016, 10:06 PM
Unfortunately not. Have you?

I find that knife fighting (prison-style knife fighting in particular, as taught by Don Pentecost) is more useful in today's time because people don't generally carry swords around with them. Knives, on the other hand, are easy to carry around with you and easily concealed.

ardianto
09-07-2016, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
I find that knife fighting (prison-style knife fighting in particular, as taught by Don Pentecost) is more useful in today's time because people don't generally carry swords around with them. Knives, on the other hand, are easy to carry around with you and easily concealed.
Martial art teaches us how to counter knife attack with bare hand. No need to use knife and kill someone.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-07-2016, 11:03 PM
That's true. But it takes a person well skilled and trained in martial arts to defeat an opponent who has a knife or a sword and knows how to use it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kiro
09-08-2016, 12:03 AM
Unfortunately not. Have you?

Carry a wooden sword around you.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 12:17 AM
What will you do with a wooden sword? Beat someone over the head with it? Poke it in their eye?

Carrying a knife (like an Okapi) is more practical.

Favourite knife of the gangsters in South Africa. It's also affectionately known as the "Saturday Night Special", because when they have their drunken gang fights on the weekends, it's the weapon of choice.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 12:20 AM
The best kind of knife for prison-style fighting, though, is a simple, non-folding one like this:

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 12:21 AM
Even a screwdriver will do.

Kiro
09-08-2016, 12:35 AM
What will you do with a wooden sword? Beat someone over the head with it? Poke it in their eye?

Favourite knife of the gangsters in South Africa. It's also affectionately known as the "Saturday Night Special", because when they have their drunken gang fights on the weekends, it's the weapon of choice.
whack them obviously

don't underestimate hard wood

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 12:40 AM
Whacking a person won't stop him if he's out to kill you, for example. You need to kill him first. That's why you have a knife, and you stab it in his neck and tell him, "voetsek".

Kiro
09-08-2016, 12:42 AM
Whacking a person won't stop him if he's out to kill you, for example. You need to kill him first. That's why you have a knife, and you stab it in his neck and tell him, "voetsek".
Using your swordsmanship, you disarm him. You have better reach but hardcwood is pretty hard.

You can be as aggressive as you want since you can't kill hin, so whack whack

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 12:44 AM
Who says you can't kill someone with hardwood? You can hit his brains out.

Little_Lion
09-08-2016, 12:47 AM
And don't forget blood pressure points. A good WHACK in the jugular can start a massive internal hemorrhage and they won't be staying up for long.

<-- Quarterstaff fan

Kiro
09-08-2016, 12:49 AM
Who says you can't kill someone with hardwood? You can hit his brains out.
Or KO

use the flat flat side of the bokken

Kiro
09-08-2016, 01:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Zmuusa'ir
It is Kenda . Kendo is which using bare hands .
Not according to google

Serinity
09-08-2016, 04:32 AM
:salam:

Use dual sword style. As you slash through your opponent and see blood rain down..... Like in anime.

Allahu alam

Kiro
09-08-2016, 07:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

Use dual sword style. As you slash through your opponent and see blood rain down..... Like in anime.

Allahu alam
wswrb

if you want to use dual style than you should user a shorter blade in one hand.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 10:16 AM
Among the Sahaabah, there were some who fought using one sword and some who fought using two swords. Sayyid-ush-Shuhadaa, Hadhrat Hamza ibn `Abdil Muttalib رضي الله عنه, for example, used to fight in the battles using two swords while on horseback. That requires a lot of skill and strength.

Among the Arabs during the time of Sahaabah, you had certain clans that were known as "Warrior Clans". The most prominent of these clans was the legendary "Banu Makhzoom": The clan of Hadhrat Khaalid ibn al-Waleed رضي الله عنه, the greatest military general of all time. This clan was special. From the moment a son was born into this clan, he would be trained how to fight. He would not grow up at home, with his parents, and go with his "mom" to coffee shops and maybe eat some chocolate cake and cookies. They didn't know a life like that. They were taken into the desert while children and left to fend for themselves. Hunt animals for food. Survival of the fittest.

They were trained, from childhood, in the arts of fighting. Wrestling, empty-handed fighting, sword fighting, swimming, archery, spear fighting, etc. They were trained in the use of each and every weapon available to the Arabs at the time. They were moulded to become the "Perfect Soldiers". They were a feared and well-respected clan among the Quraysh, this clan of Banu Makhzoom. And the prodigy of that clan, the greatest member, the "Hero" of that clan, was Hadhrat Khaalid ibn al-Waleed رضي الله عنه, who, along with Sahaabah-e-Kiraam, crushed the Roman Empire, the so-called "Superpower of the World". The "Invincible" Roman Army. The Spartans.

darkbro
09-08-2016, 10:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
wswrb

or three sword style. please.

Anyway, i did a kendo course.. but only at the introduction session. A bestfriend of mine saw one on a dojo near my campus, so he decided to see (as they didnt have much publicity) and got attracted (as he is a fan of animes) and he asked me to go along. The sensei was a native japanese (which produce awkwardness when the beginning and the end of the course since he prostrated/sujud to us and expect us to do the same--most of us didnt) and after 1 meeting, i said no as i had to buy the equipments which were expensive for my budget back then...

i was expecting an easy, practical martial arts..

i learned one basic technique though.

but anyway, it was fun. especially if you are a fan of animes.

especially if you are a fan of roronoa zoro.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 10:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by darkbro
especially if you are a fan of roronoa zoro.
Oh no...Now there's two on the forum.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 12:16 PM
There's a specific style of knife fighting done using the Karambit. Doug Marcaida is a master in it. Check his videos out on YouTube. He even has some of him against an opponent who has a gun. Basically, the person with the knife could win the fight if he can successfully make use of the element of surprise (against a gunslinger). But for the one of the best gunslingers ever, check out Bob Mundan who died a couple of years back.

M.I.A.
09-08-2016, 12:50 PM
ok so your all officially psychotic..

although I seen some videos of sabre sparring.

deadly and quick style.. very intimidating.

mainly slashes at wrists, head and neck..

I will try to find some comparative videos as it looked unbeatable compared to other styles..

very quick.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 12:58 PM
No, akhi. Fighting is about Rujoolah (Manliness). It's got nothing to do with being psychotic.

A person who is married should know how to fight and defend his wife. If someone looks at your wife, make him regret it.

And most importantly, for Jihaad, a man must be fit and strong.

A strong Mu'min is more beloved to Allaah Ta`aalaa than a weak Mu'min, as Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم has told us.

...وأعدوا لهم ما استطعتم من قوة

"And prepare against them (the enemy) whatever you can of Quwwah (power)..." [Qur'aan.]

darkbro
09-08-2016, 01:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
ok so your all officially psychotic..

although I seen some videos of sabre sparring.

deadly and quick style.. very intimidating.

mainly slashes at wrists, head and neck..

I will try to find some comparative videos as it looked unbeatable compared to other styles..

very quick.
so we should do gun instead?

but.. but.. sword is much cooler !

Little_Lion
09-08-2016, 01:19 PM
<-- Three.

M.I.A.
09-08-2016, 01:20 PM
ah, well I feel that her family will protect her..

Allah swt will protect her.

...I have not transgressed against her.

and also I lose often. :|

i regret not being a pharmacist, anybody that turns up in front of a pharmacist knows what they want.

as it is, my favourite knife is the pallet knife I use.

whoever built the place left 9inch knives all over the place :/

You would be surprised what you can tell about a man whenever he picks something up.

aaj
09-08-2016, 01:51 PM

If you know how to use a sword, you can kill even with a wooden sword. You are underestimating swords, also known as the best weapon in martial arts. I'd take a wooden sword over that knife any day.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 02:00 PM
so we should do gun instead?

but.. but.. sword is much cooler !
It's about effectiveness, akhi. What's most effective and most practical. Folsom Prison-Style Knife Fighting doesn't look "cool" at all, but it's effective. And a gun is more effective than any sword or any knife.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 02:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion
<-- Three.
You too??

So there're three on the forum, now:

1) Serinity.

2) darkbro

3) Little_Lion

The list is growing...

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 02:04 PM
ah, well I feel that her family will protect her..
What kind of attitude is that?? It's the duty of the husband himself to defend his wife, even to the death.

Doesn't matter if you'll lose or not: what matters is that you Fight.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 02:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
If you know how to use a sword, you can kill even with a wooden sword. You are underestimating swords, also known as the best weapon in martial arts. I'd take a wooden sword over that knife any day.

The wooden sword is blunt and thus the opponent can grab it with his hand and stab you with the other (using a knife).

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 02:08 PM

darkbro
09-08-2016, 02:11 PM

Here, for your reference.

Still, if you know about the mossad's martial arts, krav maga..

Well, they tell you how to defeat a gun user or a knife user with bare hands

Or, if my memory is correct, CIA as well

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 02:14 PM
Krav Maga is a highly practical and deadly martial arts style developed by the Jews. It is the official fighting style used by the IDF (Israel Defense Force).

M.I.A.
09-08-2016, 02:15 PM
What kind of attitude is that?? It's the duty of the husband himself to defend his wife, even to the death.

Doesn't matter if you'll lose or not: what matters is that you Fight.
well I've never met equal..

only better and worse.

..it's a joke right?

you can lead a horse to water..

I understand it's not a game, so let's call those "mistakes"

a man is talking, another walks in and butts in.. he gets told of for butting in.

his reply is for the man to have sabbre..and leaves.

he returns, and asks why his order is not ready..

because you walked off before telling me what you exactly wanted.

..he is in a rush.

he says may Allah swt increase your rizq.

and then lessens his order because he is in a rush.

...again I ask..

is this a joke?

I think God finally found his straight man.

seriously this place has no regrets.. it will let you die if you want too..

the harsh dessert.

:|

old fool say..

you are the knife.

honestly hold your blade long enough to save one life.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 02:16 PM

Here, for your reference.
You can do some serious damage with that knife. Some of them sell for over $1,000. That's over R14,000 in SA.

darkbro
09-08-2016, 02:28 PM
You can do some serious damage with that knife. Some of them sell for over $1,000. That's over R14,000 in SA.
How do you know that?

...can i join?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 02:37 PM
How do you know that?
I'm a man of 40 hobbies.

darkbro
09-08-2016, 02:39 PM
I'm a man of 40 hobbies.
You must be in some kind of secret organisation or something [emoji13]

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 02:41 PM
You must be in some kind of secret organisation or something [emoji13]
You have no idea...

darkbro
09-08-2016, 03:58 PM
You have no idea...
Nah, you are actually just lived much longer than me

You look like a 60 yr old sheikh [emoji13]

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 04:08 PM
Nah, you are actually just lived much longer than me

You look like a 60 yr old sheikh [emoji13]
No. If you marry a young wife, you stay young. You know, there's that saying: "you're only as old as the..."

I don't want to complete it.

Those who know it will know it.

darkbro
09-08-2016, 04:25 PM
No. If you marry a young wife, you stay young. You know, there's that saying: "you're only as old as the..."

I don't want to complete it.

Those who know it will know it.
Lol.

I dont know it, dont want to know it, and probably will never know it.

But it does explain who you are

M.I.A.
09-08-2016, 04:30 PM
I had to Google it myself..

I lol'd

...southpaw for sure.

it's over 9000!!

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 05:12 PM
Lol.

I dont know it, dont want to know it, and probably will never know it.

But it does explain who you are
Oh well, I'll have to tell you since you want to know so badly:

"Only as old as the girl you feel..."

You've forced my hand. Made me post it despite it being impolite. This is on you.

darkbro
09-08-2016, 05:26 PM
Oh well, I'll have to tell you since you want to know so badly:

"Only as old as the girl you feel..."

You've forced my hand. Made me post it despite it being impolite. This is on you.
You molested me..

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 05:33 PM
Now go along and get married, you hear? I don't want to hear you speak about staying a bachelor for life and things like that. We don't go with that kind of stuff.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 05:49 PM
I had to Google it myself..

I lol'd

...southpaw for sure.

it's over 9000!!

Why're you making it a south paw thing...

Serinity
09-08-2016, 06:25 PM
I'd like to start a clan...Cuz it is fun.. where we are trained in sword fighting and great in perception and use of strategies.

This whole world is a chessgame! Take 1 step ahead of your enemy! Move your pawns with Tawheed! Dive into death with pleasure and courage. (without being negligent and suicidal - none can fool Allah)

In shaa' Allah I said nothing wrong.................. I'd like to battle in Jannah.............. With my empires and troops with excellent sword fighting skills.......

Serinity
09-08-2016, 06:31 PM
wswrb

I want to slash through my opponent smoothly like water, and with ease.

"you want to dance?"

M.I.A.
09-08-2016, 07:00 PM
Why're you making it a south paw thing...
..because that didn't sound right :p

but I know better than to give chase.. I'm politically correct..

I also keep tripping over my own molehills.

the defendant pleads not guilty.... yur'onher

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 07:11 PM
..because that didn't sound right :p

Aha. So anything that doesn't sound right or that isn't right is a left-handed thing? Thus, by implication, all left-handed people are by default guilty and in need of being imprisoned and/or given the death penalty and put on death row. Capital punishment all the way.

Is that it?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 07:13 PM
There's a lot more hacking involved in real life. Have you ever slaughtered and cut up animals? I have experience in that. There's some hacking to do even with sheep and goats, and human bones are thicker. So unless you have one of those miraculously sharp katanas, you'll have to do a lot of hacking and chopping, and all in all it's a lot more bloody than what it's made to look like in your favourite shows.

Serinity
09-08-2016, 07:29 PM
There's a lot more hacking involved in real life. Have you ever slaughtered and cut up animals? I have experience in that. There's some hacking to do even with sheep and goats, and human bones are thicker. So unless you have one of those miraculously sharp katanas, you'll have to do a lot of hacking and chopping, and all in all it's a lot more bloody than what it's made to look like in your favourite shows.
More blood makes it more lively... Is that too far? Or I could just go with a quick sharp cut, or design a thrusting sword, that shreds!

I've never slaughtered an animal. But in Jannah, I want to engage in live combat............. Front line, solo style, dual sword..... as I cut through my opponents on the battlefield and destroy their frontlines, defence, and invade their Empire solo style............ With 3 katanas!

The more warriors my way, the better and more lively it gets! :D

And as I hawk through the enemy's battle formation and rain down explosives of clay.... "art is an explosion!"

M.I.A.
09-08-2016, 07:43 PM
Aha. So anything that doesn't sound right or that isn't right is a left-handed thing? Thus, by implication, all left-handed people are by default guilty and in need of being imprisoned and/or given the death penalty and put on death row. Capital punishment all the way.

Is that it?
..Maybe in a different time..

today's world is far from black and white.

my anthills seem insurmountable.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 07:56 PM
..Maybe in a different time..

today's world is far from black and white.

my anthills seem insurmountable.
All hills, whether big or small, are surmountable if you have the Help of Allaah Ta`aalaa.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 08:05 PM
More blood makes it more lively... Is that too far? Or I could just go with a quick sharp cut, or design a thrusting sword, that shreds!

I've never slaughtered an animal. But in Jannah, I want to engage in live combat............. Front line, solo style, dual sword..... as I cut through my opponents on the battlefield and destroy their frontlines, defence, and invade their Empire solo style............ With 3 katanas!

The more warriors my way, the better and more lively it gets! :D

And as I hawk through the enemy's battle formation and rain down explosives of clay.... "art is an explosion!"
I like that idea.

Serinity
09-08-2016, 08:15 PM
I like that idea.
my idea as a whole? Well.. I hope I go to Jannah. I hope to get a lot of fun fighting. In shaa' Allah

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 09:16 PM
my idea as a whole? Well.. I hope I go to Jannah. I hope to get a lot of fun fighting. In shaa' Allah
The fighting part is nice.

darkbro
09-09-2016, 02:17 AM
Now go along and get married, you hear? I don't want to hear you speak about staying a bachelor for life and things like that. We don't go with that kind of stuff.
A random person on the internet wont pull me back from my adventure towards holiness..

I'm too young and too asexual to think about marriage [emoji14]

Serinity
09-09-2016, 03:17 AM
A random person on the internet wont pull me back from my adventure towards holiness..

would you like to strike the battlefield in live combat and strike ahead with your swords lol?
Wanna clean the battlefield as I hawk ahead killing everyone in my sight on the battlefield?

Guess who I am trying to possibly imitate
Another @Kiro over here! :D

Serinity
09-09-2016, 04:05 AM
Krav Maga is a highly practical and deadly martial arts style developed by the Jews. It is the official fighting style used by the IDF (Israel Defense Force).
Learning all kinds of defence and fighting styles, doesn't come under imitating kafirs right? In this case, it doesn't matter whether something comes from Jews or atheists, etc. What matters is, whether it is effective, correct?

darkbro
09-09-2016, 04:34 AM

would you like to strike the battlefield in live combat and strike ahead with your swords lol?
Wanna clean the battlefield as I hawk ahead killing everyone in my sight on the battlefield?

Guess who I am trying to possibly imitate
Another @Kiro over here! :D

You know what, i have unlimited list of what i want to do in jannah. Some of em are to live in a medieval age, to live in a pokemon world as a pokemon trainer, to have a devil fruit ability, to be a scythe-master, to be a knight

..the list goes on.

darkbro
09-09-2016, 04:35 AM
Learning all kinds of defence and fighting styles, doesn't come under imitating kafirs right? In this case, it doesn't matter whether something comes from Jews or atheists, etc. What matters is, whether it is effective, correct?
The concept of dinar actually comes from Rums/Romans/Kafirs. Yet our Prophet used it.

M.I.A.
09-09-2016, 12:25 PM
...I think everybody in this thread should watch equilibrium.

you will like it.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 12:53 PM
Correct.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 12:54 PM
...I have no son.

Kiro
09-09-2016, 02:12 PM

"you want to dance?"
But can you dance like me!?

darkbro
09-09-2016, 02:13 PM
...I have no son.
I dont get it.

Serinity
09-09-2016, 02:26 PM
But can you dance like me!?
I do not dance like you cuz I have my way :-)

But can you dance? If yes, how artistic ?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 02:30 PM
I dont get it.
It's a meme. Google it.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 02:30 PM
I do not dance like you cuz I have my way :-)

But can you dance? If yes, how artistic ?
Men don't dance.

darkbro
09-09-2016, 02:38 PM
It's a meme. Google it.
..Are you really that old?

Serinity
09-09-2016, 02:44 PM
Men don't dance.
Of course we don't. There is no manliness in dancing. but what me and hopefully @Kiro mean by "dance" is our sword-fighting style.

Or "how to defeat your opponent" or "defeat your opponent the most artistic way".

When fighting with swords, there should be flow, ya know.

Like "how artistic can you slice your opponent?" Or how artistic can you destroy the enemy? There should be beauty in fighting-styles.

How your stance is, how you handle the sword, how your grip, strength, and speed, how fast can you move your legs in a sword fight? Can you get behind your opponent and stab him in the back with awesome steppings?

Take roronoa Zoro, how he slashes his opponents with 3 swords, and in a very very awesome manner.
I know in real war it is Effectiveness over "how it looks"

Allahu alam.

Scimitar
09-09-2016, 02:57 PM
Among the Sahaabah, there were some who fought using one sword and some who fought using two swords. Sayyid-ush-Shuhadaa, Hadhrat Hamza ibn `Abdil Muttalib رضي الله عنه, for example, used to fight in the battles using two swords while on horseback. That requires a lot of skill and strength.

Among the Arabs during the time of Sahaabah, you had certain clans that were known as "Warrior Clans". The most prominent of these clans was the legendary "Banu Makhzoom": The clan of Hadhrat Khaalid ibn al-Waleed رضي الله عنه, the greatest military general of all time. This clan was special. From the moment a son was born into this clan, he would be trained how to fight. He would not grow up at home, with his parents, and go with his "mom" to coffee shops and maybe eat some chocolate cake and cookies. They didn't know a life like that. They were taken into the desert while children and left to fend for themselves. Hunt animals for food. Survival of the fittest.

They were trained, from childhood, in the arts of fighting. Wrestling, empty-handed fighting, sword fighting, swimming, archery, spear fighting, etc. They were trained in the use of each and every weapon available to the Arabs at the time. They were moulded to become the "Perfect Soldiers". They were a feared and well-respected clan among the Quraysh, this clan of Banu Makhzoom. And the prodigy of that clan, the greatest member, the "Hero" of that clan, was Hadhrat Khaalid ibn al-Waleed رضي الله عنه, who, along with Sahaabah-e-Kiraam, crushed the Roman Empire, the so-called "Superpower of the World". The "Invincible" Roman Army. The Spartans.

Kiro
09-09-2016, 02:59 PM
Kendo.

Scimitar
09-09-2016, 02:59 PM
Here's mine:

...and the rain is brain coloured, the thunder like something remembering something...

Kiro
09-09-2016, 03:01 PM

Are there any recordings of the Prophet ::saws1: as a warrior and swordsman?

I know there are narrations of his strength but I haven't found any descriptions or recordings outside of that.

Kiro
09-09-2016, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Here's mine:

...and the rain is brain coloured, the thunder like something remembering something...
I played that game...

Scimitar
09-09-2016, 03:03 PM
I don't play... games... :D

Scimi

Serinity
09-09-2016, 03:08 PM
What use do swords have nowadays? They are nice / awesome, but a tank is much more powerful.

Kiro
09-09-2016, 03:11 PM
I don't play... games... :D

Scimi
Could it be... you don't play games but you have game???

Scimitar
09-09-2016, 03:12 PM
What use do swords have nowadays? They are nice / awesome, but a tank is much more powerful.
What use is a tank nowadays? I can do many things with a sword, like skewer kebabs (which is how the word Seekh kebab came about btw), I can peel fruits and veggies, I can use the hilt to hammer nails in, I can carve wood, etc... but a tank... only makes holes in walls...

A sword has many uses, a tank - only one.

Scimi

Scimitar
09-09-2016, 03:14 PM
Could it be... you don't play games but you have game???
I know how to use swords, nunchukus and bo staff. Playing with me, hurts :D They refer to it as "Punishment"... I refer to it as "Discipline" :D

Scimi

Kiro
09-09-2016, 03:22 PM
I know how to use swords, nunchukus and bo staff. Playing with me, hurts :D They refer to it as "Punishment"... I refer to it as "Discipline" :D

Scimi
Nunchunks seem cool but they sort of seem silly

darkbro
09-09-2016, 03:23 PM
Swords are much more affordable.

We surely need someone with a real life experience in a war, or someone who has finished military service here.

Many europeans, koreans,.. even israeli do

Kiro
09-09-2016, 03:29 PM
Swords are much more affordable.

We surely need someone with a real life experience in a war, or someone who has finished military service here.

Many europeans, koreans,.. even israeli do
I wish it returned to the age of blades instead of guns

ardianto
09-09-2016, 03:33 PM
Swords are still used in street fighting and inter civilians conflict, until now.

Scimitar
09-09-2016, 03:35 PM
Nunchunks seem cool but they sort of seem silly
In your hands, yes.

Scimi

Serinity
09-09-2016, 03:38 PM
I absolutely love swords, as opposed to tanks. Don't get me wrong.

In Jannah I want to fight with swords and have super powers. :) I want to enter a storyline in Jannah..... :)

Can I have bloody fights, in Jannah?

darkbro
09-09-2016, 04:16 PM
I absolutely love swords, as opposed to tanks. Don't get me wrong.

In Jannah I want to fight with swords and have super powers. :) I want to enter a storyline in Jannah..... :)

Can I have bloody fights, in Jannah?
I'll be your very first opponent, insha Allah

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 05:41 PM
Fighter planes do more damage than even tanks. Reaper drones.

You can't fight a reaper drone using a sword. That's the reality of it.

The MQ-9 Reaper Drone has GBU-12 Paveway II Laser-Guided Bombs. AGM-114 Hellfire II air-to-ground missiles. AIM-9 Sidewinder (air-to-air missiles). GBU-38 JDAM (Joint Direct Attack Munition) Bombs (guided bombs). Its on-board camera is able to read a licence plate 3.4km away. It flies 50,000 ft (15,000 km) up in the sky. It travels at 483km/h. The four Hellfire missiles it carries cause devastation wherever the bombs land.

A sword isn't enough to fight against it. You need more than that.

M.I.A.
09-09-2016, 05:55 PM

The MQ-9 Reaper Drone has GBU-12 Paveway II Laser-Guided Bombs. AGM-114 Hellfire II air-to-ground missiles. AIM-9 Sidewinder (air-to-air missiles). GBU-38 JDAM (Joint Direct Attack Munition) Bombs (guided bombs). Its on-board camera is able to read a licence plate 3.4km away. It flies 50,000 ft (15,000 km) up in the sky. It travels at 483km/h. The four Hellfire missiles it carries cause devastation wherever the bombs land.

that is war.. what you prepare for..

if one side does not mind the cost of life.. the other side will not mind the cost of life.

tell me where they differ?

if you don't mind being bought maybe you won't understand when it happened.

truly all praise is due to Allah swt.

and here is where I remind you of your post.. I am not a manly man.

I have not prepared any power..

seriously the will of God is all pervading.. although I try not to make easy mistakes.

what?

do you make distinction between winning and dieing?

..since when did that matter?

or do you feel pain?

don't worry, when your tired of being hit in the face.. I'm sure your people will put there hands up..

rather than just going through the motions.

or do I underestimate you?

28mb of data left so I guess I will see you later.

Serinity
09-09-2016, 06:50 PM
I'll be your very first opponent, insha Allah
It'd be my pleasure. In shaa' Allah we meet.

In today's age knowledge is very important. The one with more knowledge gets to advance further into science and technology and advance in deadly force.

Brute force won't do.

One needs:

Knowledge.
Wisdom.

Know about:
Science and Technology.
Math,
Strategies,
Programmer,
Infrastructure.
Medicine.

etc.

And Ultimately, all this can only be achieved with the Help of Allah. Without the guidance of Allah in what we do, and we are doing stuff in vain. I think.

Alhamdulillah, we have the Qur'aan and the Sunnah.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 06:53 PM
that is war.. what you prepare for..

do you make distinction between winning and dieing?

..since when did that matter?
Exactly right. Being killed, for the Mu'min, is winning. There is no "loss". Whether you are killed or you defeat the enemy, you have "won".

There is an important point to learn and understand well:

Jihaad is not about how to fight for Allaah; it's about how to be killed for Him.

May Allaah Ta`aalaa grant us the understanding, Aameen.

والسلام

Serinity
09-09-2016, 06:55 PM
Exactly right. Being killed, for the Mu'min, is winning. There is no "loss". Whether you are killed or you defeat the enemy, you have "won".

Jihaad is not about how to fight for Allaah; it's about how to be killed for Him.

والسلام
can you elaborate on "be killed" cuz I don't think it is (as far as I know) Islamic to dive into battle ready to commit suicide?

how I understand it, it is like this:

Dive into battle, fearing none but Allah - not fearing Death or enemy. While still trying to remain alive, but ready to give up one's life for the sake of Allah.

Dive into battle ready to be killed for the sake of Allah - but not deliberately "killing" oneself. Or deliberately having the enemy kill you - cuz one can not fool Allah.

Jihad is a win/win situation - if you die you win, if you stay alive after battle - you win. In shaa' Allah. There is no "losing".

Allahu alam.

M.I.A.
09-09-2016, 07:02 PM

والسلام
...then what right have you to complain?

or is it, upon them shall be no fear or nor shall they grieve?

...because seriously those things still linger

learn from them? surely not.

if i can be made the fool, then surely everyone's mistakes catch up to them.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 07:06 PM
can you elaborate on "be killed" cuz I don't think it is (as far as I know) Islamic to dive into battle ready to commit suicide?

how I understand it, it is like this:

Dive into battle, fearing none but Allah - not fearing Death or enemy. While still trying to remain alive, but ready to give up one's life for the sake of Allah.

On the day of the Battle of Badr, Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم commanded the Sahaabah to fight the enemy, and roused them, saying:

قُومُوا إِلَى جَنَّةٍ عَرْضُهَا السَّمَوَاتُ وَالْأَرْض

(March forth towards a Jannah as wide as the heavens and earth...)

Hadhrat `Umayr ibn al-Humaam al-Ansaari رضي الله عنه said, “As wide as the heavens and earth?" Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "Yes." He said, "Bakh-khin, Bakh (an expression of amazement)." Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم asked him, "What has caused you to say this statement, i.e. "Bakh-khin, Bakh"? He said, "Yaa Rasoolallaah, the hope that I might be from its people." Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said to him, "You are from its people."

Hadhrat `Umayr ibn al-Humaam took out some dates which he had with him and began eating. Then he said:

لَئِنْ أَنَا حَيِيتُ حَتَّى آكُلَ تَمَرَاتِي هَذِهِ إِنَّهَا لَحَيَاةٌ طَوِيلَةٌ

La'in Ana Hayeetu Hattaa Aakula Tamaraatee Haadhihee Innahaa la-Hayaatun Taweelah

"If I must live long enough to eat these dates, it will be a very long life!"

So saying, he threw whatever he had in his hand, then plunged into the enemy lines and fought until he was killed."

[Narrated in Saheeh Muslim.]

Serinity
09-09-2016, 07:13 PM
On the day of the Battle of Badr, Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم commanded the Sahaabah to fight the enemy, and roused them, saying:

قُومُوا إِلَى جَنَّةٍ عَرْضُهَا السَّمَوَاتُ وَالْأَرْض

(March forth towards a Jannah as wide as the heavens and earth...)

Hadhrat `Umayr ibn al-Humaam al-Ansaari رضي الله عنه said, “As wide as the heavens and earth?" Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "Yes." He said, "Bakh-khin, Bakh (an expression of amazement)." Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم asked him, "What has caused you to say this statement, i.e. "Bakh-khin, Bakh"? He said, "Yaa Rasoolallaah, the hope that I might be from its people." Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said to him, "You are from its people."

Hadhrat `Umayr ibn al-Humaam took out some dates which he had with him and began eating. Then he said:

لَئِنْ أَنَا حَيِيتُ حَتَّى آكُلَ تَمَرَاتِي هَذِهِ إِنَّهَا لَحَيَاةٌ طَوِيلَةٌ

La'in Ana Hayeetu Hattaa Aakulu Tamaraatee Haadhihee Innahaa la-Hayaatun Taweelah

"If I must live long enough to eat these dates, it will be a very long life!"

So saying, he threw whatever he had in his hand, then plunged into the enemy lines and fought until he was killed."

[Narrated in Saheeh Muslim.]
What a warrior. But am I right in that one must heed orders during war.
Because I read that the Prophet :saw: commanded them to stay where they are, and if we are killed, to not move. the Muslims disobeyed as they saw the disbelievers (assuming) killing the believers, so the archerers ran from their position, and then the disbelievers ambushed from behind - having the Muslims lose the battle because of not heeding the order of the Prophet Muhammad :saw: .

my memory may not be very good, so feel free to correct.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 07:14 PM
They say a man only truly has a passion for something when he's willing to die for it.

The greatest act of Love for Allaah Ta`aalaa is to die for Him.

To be killed for Him.

The Awliyaa of Allaah Ta`aalaa used to say, "O Allaah, take from our blood until You are pleased."

Serinity
09-09-2016, 07:17 PM
I hope to achieve at least an ounch of the Imaan of the sahaabahs r.a.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 07:18 PM
What a warrior. But am I right in that one must heed orders during war.
Because I read that the Prophet :saw: commanded them to stay where they are, and if we are killed, to not move. the Muslims disobeyed as they saw the disbelievers (assuming) killing the believers, so the archerers ran from their position, and then the disbelievers ambushed from behind - having the Muslims lose the battle because of not heeding the order of the Prophet Muhammad :saw: .

my memory may not be very good, so feel free to correct.
Absolutely. The Muslim must obey all commands given to him by the Ameer (leader). He is not to do things on his own.

Here, the action of Hadhrat `Umayr ibn al-Humaam رضي الله عنه was sanctioned by Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم because he did not stop him from doing it. Part of the law of being a Nabi is that if a Nabi sees any wrong being done, it is Fardh upon him to correct it immediately, no matter what. If he doesn't, he would not be a Nabi.

This is why there are three categories of Sunnah:

1) The actions of Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم.

2) The words of Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم.

3) The approvals of Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم (someone does an action or makes a statement in the presence of Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم and he doesn't object to it. This is approval on his part. Taqreer, in Arabic.)

Serinity
09-09-2016, 07:20 PM
Absolutely. The Muslim must obey all commands given to him by the Ameer (leader). He is not to do things on his own.

Here, the action of Hadhrat `Umayr ibn al-Humaam رضي الله عنه was sanctioned by Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم because he did not stop him from doing it. Part of the law of being a Nabi is that if a Nabi sees any wrong being done, it is Fardh upon him to correct it immediately, no matter what. If he doesn't, he would not be a Nabi.

3) The approvals of Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم (someone does an action or makes a statement in the presence of Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم and he doesn't object to it. This is approval on his part. Taqreer, in Arabic.)
I learnt something rather new today. :jzk:

M.I.A.
09-09-2016, 07:32 PM
no blood sacrifice is required of you.

although I am unaware of context what precedes it or follows it..

please correct.

....enjoy your eid, I'm out.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 08:09 PM
although I am unaware of context what precedes it or follows it..
Bhai Saheb.

Scimitar
09-09-2016, 08:17 PM
Kendo :D why use the japanese word for it when none of us are - Japanese ???

:D

Scimi

Serinity
09-10-2016, 09:15 AM

Truly, those who love something much, will want to die for that / in that cause.

But that doesn't detract from the fact that Islam sees life as sacred/not cheap. Right? THis means any unjust killings (which can never be for the sake of Allah) should enrage one. right?

Say, my father was killed in self defence, I'd hate the person who did it.

What does Islam see as Jihad? I mean, protecting your wealth? protecting your children, family and wife etc?

Am I right in the fact that:

There are circumstances which will be deemed Jihad, but in that case, you simply can't die? Say, protecting your family?

If dying may cause harm to what you protect, then one should not rush into death?? Albeit you may die in the process, but at least you tried to stay alive?

darkbro
09-10-2016, 10:08 AM
Truly, those who love something much, will want to die for that / in that cause.

But that doesn't detract from the fact that Islam sees life as sacred/not cheap. Right? THis means any unjust killings (which can never be for the sake of Allah) should enrage one. right?

Say, my father was killed in self defence, I'd hate the person who did it.

What does Islam see as Jihad? I mean, protecting your wealth? protecting your children, family and wife etc?

Am I right in the fact that:

There are circumstances which will be deemed Jihad, but in that case, you simply can't die? Say, protecting your family?

If dying may cause harm to what you protect, then one should not rush into death?? Albeit you may die in the process, but at least you tried to stay alive?

Serinity
09-10-2016, 10:23 AM
is it just me or did you mix jihad and shaheed?
Yeah........ I did perhaps. So what is the difference?

Kiro
09-10-2016, 02:30 PM
Kendo :D why use the japanese word for it when none of us are - Japanese ???

Scimi
I don't know the English word for Kendo...

Kiro
09-10-2016, 02:31 PM
Are there any recordings of the Prophet ::saws1: as a warrior and swordsman?

I know there are narrations of his strength but I haven't found any descriptions or recordings outside of that.
I guess no records? Huzzy

Serinity
09-10-2016, 02:33 PM
Can I be taller than approx. 30 meters?? AFAIK, The Prophet Adam (AS) was 27 meters or so, right?

Cuz I'd like to have a transformation where I turn very tall....... LeL.

ardianto
09-10-2016, 02:35 PM
"Kendo" is 'trademark' of this sport. So the name Kendo never translated into other languages.

ardianto
09-10-2016, 02:38 PM
Can I be taller than approx. 30 meters?? AFAIK, The Prophet Adam (AS) was 27 meters or so, right?

Cuz I'd like to have a transformation where I turn very tall....... LeL.
If your height was 30 meters, while other people were under 2 meters, then you would be hard to do activities together with other people.

Kiro
09-10-2016, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
"Kendo" is 'trademark' of this sport. So the name Kendo never translated into other languages.
True. Kendo doesn't mean sword fighting in Japanese but a form of fighting

Serinity
09-10-2016, 02:53 PM
If your height was 30 meters, while other people were under 2 meters, then you would be hard to do activities together with other people.

In Jannah we will have the Height of Adam :as: which is around 27-30 meters tall. 60 Cubits tall.

ardianto
09-10-2016, 02:58 PM
True. Kendo doesn't mean sword fighting in Japanese but a form of fighting
Ken = Sword
Do = Path
Kendo = Sword's Path

Kendo is sport that use bamboo stick that shaped like sword. This sport is adapted from "Kenjutsu" (martial art with real sword/katana) in the samurai era. Kendo began after Meiji Restoration when the emperor forbade people carried swords in public place.

Kiro
09-10-2016, 03:12 PM
Ken = Sword
Do = Path
Kendo = Sword's Path

Kendo is sport that use bamboo stick that shaped like sword. This sport is adapted from "Kenjutsu" (martial art with real sword/katana) in the samurai era. Kendo began after Meiji Restoration when the emperor forbade people carried swords in public place.
Nice

do you know anymore

Serinity
09-10-2016, 03:13 PM
Lmao, Kendo looks sooooooo boring................ I just watched on youtube. Sounds like constipated parrots trying to intimidate the other. Lol.

If I was to fight in kendo I will be waay more aggressive and quick.. Instead of screaming "YEeeee-haaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!" I will scream "Kill, kill, kill! I will kill you!! ALL OF YOU!" in Japanese. Sounds way more awesome.

They scream like crows lmao.

Kiro
09-10-2016, 03:29 PM
Lmao, Kendo looks sooooooo boring................ I just watched on youtube. Sounds like constipated parrots trying to intimidate the other. Lol.

If I was to fight in kendo I will be waay more aggressive and quick.. Instead of screaming "YEeeee-haaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!" I will scream "Kill, kill, kill! I will kill you!! ALL OF YOU!" in Japanese. Sounds way more awesome.

They scream like crows lmao.

Kendo looks cool to me

I think there are different types of battle cries/yell

Scimitar
09-10-2016, 03:37 PM
fencing :)

Scimi

ardianto
09-10-2016, 03:54 PM
Nice

do you know anymore
I don't know more about Kendo.

There is Kendo club in my city, but I am not interested. Is there Kendo club in your city?.

Kiro
09-10-2016, 03:58 PM

Scimi
Well it is a form of fencing.

I don't know more about Kendo.

There is Kendo club in my city, but I am not interested. Is there Kendo club in your city?.
It seems there is when I google my city. But I should wait till I have an apprenticeship/internship where I will have some income to spend.

Serinity
09-10-2016, 04:03 PM
Kendo looks cool to me

I think there are different types of battle cries/yell
Well, I like style......... I want quick action....... I like to make up strategies in my mind, but I don't have the patience for it to take too long. I usually like to advance in combat with my life !

In Jannah I will solo-style the front line, and kill everyone in my sight!!

Kendo seems slow to me......

ardianto
09-10-2016, 04:03 PM

Scimi
Fencing is totally different than Kendo.

This is Fencing.

And this is Kendo.

Kiro
09-10-2016, 04:05 PM
Well, I like style......... I want quick action....... I like to make up strategies in my mind, but I don't have the patience for it to take too long. I usually like to advance in combat with my life !

In Jannah I will solo-style the front line, and kill everyone in my sight!!

Kendo seems slow to me......
Depends on the fight I guess

If we both did Kendo than we could do fast paced

Scimitar
09-10-2016, 04:08 PM
Well it is a form of fencing.
Yes, not the type that goes around gardens and farms either.

Scimi

Serinity
09-10-2016, 04:08 PM
Depends on the fight I guess

If we both did Kendo than we could do fast paced
Definitely. And I like to have my own personalised style, too. :) Like instead of holding the sword like in Kendo, I'll take that which looks coolest. :)

Scimitar
09-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Fencing is totally different than Kendo.

This is Fencing.

And this is Kendo.
in principle, they are exactly the same.

Use arm length weapon to hurt opponent.

Fencing.

Scimi

Serinity
09-10-2016, 04:14 PM
The only way I am going to enjoy long - thoroughly thought match - mental fight etc. Is if the terrain looks interesting, or there is hide spots / blindspots, etc.

ardianto
09-10-2016, 04:23 PM
Definitely. And I like to have my own personalised style, too. :) Like instead of holding the sword like in Kendo, I'll take that which looks coolest. :)
Different sword need different technique. Japanese Katana is long and heavy. It would be difficult to control your Katana if you use only one hand.

Serinity
09-10-2016, 04:25 PM
Different sword need different technique. Japanese Katana is long and heavy. It would be difficult to control your Katana if you use only one hand.
But it looks cool! :) I will train both my hands to be able to wield 1 sword in one hand. I want to go for dual sword-style combat.

Scimitar
09-10-2016, 04:52 PM
Length of a katana shouldn't be TOO much of a problem unless your arms are incredibly tiny. If you are unsheathing it correctly, it wouldn't make much of a difference. After barely pushing the blade out of its sheath with your left thumb (Aprox. 1 inch), you pull the saya backward with your left hand and pull the blade with your right. Pulling the saya back while drawing the blade should give you the extra leverage to effectively pull your katana from its saya. A Katana can be wielded with one had, but to force a cut through a carcass will require two handed use from any sword - force is required to go through bone.

Scimi

Serinity
09-10-2016, 05:06 PM
Length of a katana shouldn't be TOO much of a problem unless your arms are incredibly tiny. If you are unsheathing it correctly, it wouldn't make much of a difference. After barely pushing the blade out of its sheath with your left thumb (Aprox. 1 inch), you pull the saya backward with your left hand and pull the blade with your right. Pulling the saya back while drawing the blade should give you the extra leverage to effectively pull your katana from its saya. A Katana can be wielded with one had, but to force a cut through a carcass will require two handed use from any sword - force is required to go through bone.

Scimi
That isn't a sword fight, that is basically a blood bath....

Scimitar
09-10-2016, 05:08 PM
That isn't a sword fight, that is basically a blood bath....
Zatoichi never had a fight, he just had blood baths :D

This is more traditional, if there is such a thing - seems each kenjutsu had its own methods of swordplay... and their secrets.

Scimi

Scimitar
09-10-2016, 05:12 PM
three... lol

Scimi

Serinity
09-10-2016, 05:18 PM
Zatoichi never had a fight, he just had blood baths :D

This is more traditional, if there is such a thing - seems each kenjutsu had its own methods of swordplay... and their secrets.

Scimi
That fight was interesting..... But Boring.... I like fast paced fights lol.. Like in anime.

three... lol

Scimi
you are 4th then.
Cuz:

1. Serinity.
2. Darkbro
3. Little_Lion
4. Scimitar

Are Roronoa Zoro "fans" lol.

ardianto
09-10-2016, 05:28 PM
Length of a katana shouldn't be TOO much of a problem unless your arms are incredibly tiny.
Not the length, but the weight of the Katana that will 'drag' your hand if you swing it only by one hand. Katana is designed to be used by two hands. Different than the shorter sword, Wakizashi, that designed to be used by one hand.

Samurai always carry two swords, Katana and Wakizashi. When these two sword carried together, they called Daisho.

Serinity
09-10-2016, 05:34 PM
Not the length, but the weight of the Katana that will 'drag' your hand if you swing it only by one hand. Katana is designed to be used by two hands. Different than the shorter sword, Wakizashi, that designed to be used by one hand.

Samurai always carry two swords, Katana and Wakizashi. When these two sword carried together, they called Daisho.

a
For dual-sword style, one sword is long the other is short, for better usage. Correct?

I've seen in anime where he takes a "blade stance". Looks cool. :D

sister herb
09-10-2016, 05:35 PM

You have watched too much movies, brother. I don´t think that the real fighters would waste their time for screaming at all.

:heated:

Serinity
09-10-2016, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
You have watched too much movies, brother. I don´t think that the real fighters would waste their time for screaming at all.

LOOL. you are probably right.

I'll have my inner scream - silent scream. you are also giving away your location when you scream........ Unless you want to scream like "KILLLLLLL!!!!!!" with a pleasant smile and harsh voice. Or you want as many people after you as possible. :)

ardianto
09-10-2016, 06:15 PM
For dual-sword style, one sword is long the other is short, for better usage. Correct?
Incorrect. In dual-swords style it's better if you use two short swords to prevent collision between your two swords.

Serinity
09-10-2016, 06:36 PM
Incorrect. In dual-swords style it's better if you use two short swords to prevent collision between your two swords.
Learnt something new today!

So what about 3 swords? How will one manage that? I think if he positions the 2 swords in his hands into a "stab-position" and the third sword wielded by his mouth.

Or what if one straps a knife to his head, so he can "head-collide" his enemies?

Serinity
09-10-2016, 06:46 PM

Brothers! This is how I want to fight in Jannah, but much more interesting and bloody. (Mute cuz it is possibly/probably sound-effects/instruments.)

Will Allah allow me to do war in Jannah (against/with people who want to, I don't like to attack people who do not want to.)

darkbro
09-11-2016, 11:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb

Why dont we make it real?

Life is never flat.

Serinity
09-11-2016, 11:34 AM
Why dont we make it real?

Life is never flat.
Scream like a tormented maniac "KILL KILL KILL; I WILL KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!" in Japanese .

Scimitar
09-11-2016, 01:43 PM
Not the length, but the weight of the Katana that will 'drag' your hand if you swing it only by one hand. Katana is designed to be used by two hands.
False, can be used one hand - there are many types of katana, the ones being produced today lighter in weight thank their ancient counterparts. Namely the use of Tamahagane ore with borax and carbon, have been mastered in modern times to alleviate weight from the blade. Japanese swords are some of the lightest and most agile weapons and the most sharp ever produced, especially in modern day - but it's a shame that the art of forging swords is slowly disappearing in Japan.

Scimi

darkbro
09-11-2016, 02:21 PM
Scream like a tormented maniac "KILL KILL KILL; I WILL KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!" in Japanese .
No. People would say their technique names before performing it.

In naruto, they even became so kind to explain their technique comprehensively, including their weakness, to the opponent in the middle of battle.

Serinity
09-11-2016, 02:40 PM

In naruto, they even became so kind to explain their technique comprehensively, including their weakness, to the opponent in the middle of battle.
Lol, worst thing to do imo. :D They are more like good friends rather than villains. :D

ardianto
09-11-2016, 03:54 PM
So what about 3 swords? How will one manage that? I think if he positions the 2 swords in his hands into a "stab-position" and the third sword wielded by his mouth.
Like Roronoa Zoro?. Sword grip is designed to be wielded by hand. So you cannot wield the sword by your mouth properly. Also the sword weight would cause big problem. If you want to use mouth to wield sword, you need to use the ultra light weight sword that made from composite and with grip that specially designed for mouth.

Or what if one straps a knife to his head, so he can "head-collide" his enemies?
When you stab your enemy, the knife would also press your head and cause injury. So you need to wear steel helmet and place the knife on your helmet.

--------

False, can be used one hand - there are many types of katana, the ones being produced today lighter in weight thank their ancient counterparts. Namely the use of Tamahagane ore with borax and carbon, have been mastered in modern times to alleviate weight from the blade. Japanese swords are some of the lightest and most agile weapons and the most sharp ever produced, especially in modern day - but it's a shame that the art of forging swords is slowly disappearing in Japan.
Of course you can use long Katana with only one hand. But it's easier if you use two hands as Katana was designed for this method of usage. Katana from classical Samurai era were heavy enough.

------------

In the classical samurai era, before they use Tanegashima rifle, the fighting in battle was based on rank, ordinary infantry with ordinary infantry, samurai with samurai. When a samurai would duel with another samurai they would introduce each other. They did not say about technique, but they said about their clan and their ancestors reputation.

Fiction often different than reality. In real fighting there are no fighters who do this.

Kiro
09-14-2016, 12:40 AM
so back on topic

anyone done any fencing? Even Kendo in particular.

M.I.A.
09-14-2016, 07:55 AM
...I think my quran teacher was into kendo.

all he ever did was hit me with a stick :/

...I...i.. have no idea why :|

Serinity
09-14-2016, 08:26 AM
so back on topic

anyone done any fencing? Even Kendo in particular.
I have done a little in my free time. But I haven't really done any fencing.

Kiro
09-19-2016, 02:20 PM
I have done a little in my free time. But I haven't really done any fencing.

fencing

Serinity
09-19-2016, 02:23 PM
fencing
I like Kendo now, excluding the bowing and stuff. Lets fight, Kiro! :)

Kiro
09-19-2016, 02:26 PM
I like Kendo now, excluding the bowing and stuff. Lets fight, Kiro! :)
You getting me riled up now. Come lets meet when we're 23.

Is Kendo slow paced for you?

Serinity
09-19-2016, 02:35 PM
You getting me riled up now. Come lets meet when we're 23.

Is Kendo slow paced for you?
Well, kind of. Tbh, I like it this way:

Start off slow-medium for a very short while. Go to Medium, after that, go to fast paced.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 02:39 PM
Start off slow-medium for a very short while. Go to Medium, after that, go to fast paced.
Sounds like you're talking about something else there...

Kiro
09-19-2016, 02:44 PM
^o):omg:

Whaaa...

Kiro
09-19-2016, 02:45 PM

Brothers! This is how I want to fight in Jannah, but much more interesting and bloody. (Mute cuz it is possibly/probably sound-effects/instruments.)

Will Allah allow me to do war in Jannah (against/with people who want to, I don't like to attack people who do not want to.)
Let there be baths of Tomato in Jannah!

Serinity
09-19-2016, 02:46 PM
What.....? -_-'

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 02:46 PM
^o):omg:

Whaaa...
Well, he did say:

I like it this way:

That's his method, right there. Everyone has their way of playing the game, so to speak...

Kiro
09-19-2016, 02:47 PM
What.....? -_-'
I think he is talking about the magic that Adults do

Adults are indeed Adults

I'm never growing up

Serinity
09-19-2016, 02:47 PM
Let there be baths of Tomato in Jannah!
The tomato blood will be pure and tasty, fragnant. I wish to fight an army............. like in the video

Kiro
09-19-2016, 02:48 PM
The tomato blood will be pure and tasty, fragnant. I wish to fight an army............. like in the video
I shall wack you with my wooden sword and the tomato that falls off from my hands, I will use to temporarily blind you with

Kiro
09-19-2016, 02:51 PM
Quick Serinity, summon all of your Virgin power!

Maximise it!

Kiro
09-19-2016, 02:55 PM

Maximise it!
aS7vMDy 1?1 -

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 02:59 PM

Maximise it!
"Virgin" power?

The old people used to say that when you're unmarried, you're still "cold". Your hands will even still be cold. But after you get married, you "heat up". You know? Like when pulling the choke out in those old automatic cars with their cold engines, to get them to start up. In this case, it's the wife pulling out the choke valve so you can start up.

Kiro
09-19-2016, 03:00 PM
"Virgin" power?

The old people used to say that when you're unmarried, you're still "cold". Your hands will even still be cold. But after you get married, you "heat up". You know? Like when pulling the choke out in those old automatic cars with their cold engines.
I'm a big fan of the cold, the snow

I prefer winter over summer

Serinity
09-19-2016, 03:02 PM
aS7vMDy 1?1 -
I shall unleash my power...... my valves......... my steam.......... my rage!! :D I shall crush armies......... galaxies...........I. Shall. Destroy................ :D

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 03:03 PM
I shall unleash my power...... my valves......... my steam
Just remember to make Ghusl after that, akhi. After unleashing, you'll mos be in a state of Janaabat.

Kiro
09-19-2016, 03:05 PM
Just remember to make Ghusl after that, akhi. After unleashing, you'll mos be in a state of Janaabat.

How many wives do you have bro?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 03:11 PM
Are you looking for one?

Serinity
09-19-2016, 03:14 PM
This gives me anxiety......... I always stress over Ghusl........ worst of it is when I 'feel' something, and nothing happened........ and then I go around anxious........

Kiro
09-19-2016, 03:15 PM
Are you looking for one?
I already have one fridge, don't need more or I might bloat

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 03:22 PM
This gives me anxiety......... I always stress over Ghusl........ worst of it is when I 'feel' something, and nothing happened........ and then I go around anxious........
Feeling something doesn't mean you have to make Ghusl. Next time that happens, just check. You'll see of course if Inzaal (ejaculation) has occurred. If not, you don't need to make Ghusl.

Remember also that pre-ejaculatory fluid only necessitates Wudhoo and not Ghusl.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 03:23 PM
I already have one fridge, don't need more or I might bloat
You need to share the fridge.

Kiro
09-19-2016, 03:25 PM
You need to share the fridge.
but i dont wannaaaaaa

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 03:26 PM
What's in the fridge?

darkbro
09-19-2016, 03:36 PM
Kendo. Sword fighting

M.I.A.
09-19-2016, 03:45 PM
the face when you walk into the kendo thread.

Attachment 5695

....I have not prepared for this..

it's like tropic thunder all over again.

darkbro
09-19-2016, 03:49 PM
^
It's actually a bard, a profession where its job is to boost group's strength and mental and power, depending on the bard's level. It may increase the speed, agility, magic power, magic resistance, luck, critical hit ratio, maximum hp, and the strength of weapons of the group. And may even more. It can decrease enemy's power as well.

What's the relation of it with kendo?

M.I.A.
09-19-2016, 04:53 PM
OMG!! somebody left a ball behind!

...my very own Wilson.

...I'm not even joking.. ♡_♡

yes it has happened before but somebody took it..

I will give this one back aswell o_o

Serinity
09-19-2016, 04:55 PM
^
It's actually a bard, a profession where its job is to boost group's strength and mental and power, depending on the bard's level. It may increase the speed, agility, magic power, magic resistance, luck, critical hit ratio, maximum hp, and the strength of weapons of the group. And may even more. It can decrease enemy's power as well.

What's the relation of it with kendo?
Isn't this superstition? Magic power? Shirk?

M.I.A.
09-19-2016, 05:07 PM
Isn't this superstition? Magic power? Shirk?
...should I put the ball outside?

Serinity
09-19-2016, 05:10 PM
...should I put the ball outside?
What ball?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 05:11 PM
What ball?
Yoda language. There is deep meaning behind it, but on the outside it seems incomprehensible.

M.I.A.
09-19-2016, 05:12 PM
..the ball someone left?

once some kid left a snooker cue.. but I didn't have a snooker table..

I gave it him back the next time I saw him.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 05:43 PM
If someone loses something in your place, it becomes an Amaanat (trust) and you have to make a reasonable effort to get it back to that person.

Serinity
09-19-2016, 07:19 PM
Everytime I look up kendo, because I don't understand Japanese, I get paranoid whether the title has shirk or whether the name of the channel is shirk.......

The thing I have noticed about Kendo is that it is tooooooooo slow.. I think I am that guy who attacks and can't wait to be the one to make the move..... I hate waiting for too long.

I hate the noises they make too like........... WHY. In real combat you wouldn't give out your location, would you?

Kiro
09-19-2016, 07:27 PM
Everytime I look up kendo, because I don't understand Japanese, I get paranoid whether the title has shirk or whether the name of the channel is shirk.......

The thing I have noticed about Kendo is that it is tooooooooo slow.. I think I am that guy who attacks and can't wait to be the one to make the move..... I hate waiting for too long.
Google fast paced Kendo

or flashy kendo

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 07:30 PM
In real combat you wouldn't give out your location, would you?
You would not.

Serinity
09-19-2016, 07:34 PM
Google fast paced Kendo

or flashy kendo
It seems like doing Kendo yourself is more fun than watching people fight.

You would not.
Exactly. So I don't get the point of the noises people make in Kendo. It probably takes more energy out of you to scream and attack than to just focus all your energy into your arm and sword.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 07:35 PM
When in battle, make Dhikr instead (silently, too). No screaming and things like that.

Kiro
09-19-2016, 09:14 PM
When in battle, make Dhikr instead (silently, too). No screaming and things like that.
What's the sunnah of Battle. Do you know?

Scimitar
09-19-2016, 09:23 PM
This thread - all talk/no action

Scimi

Scimitar
09-19-2016, 09:24 PM
What's the sunnah of Battle. Do you know?
Losing a tooth may or may not have somethjng to do with it

Scimi

Kiro
09-19-2016, 09:27 PM
This thread - all talk/no action

Scimi
this is the cyberworld Jimmy

Scimitar
09-19-2016, 09:35 PM
This is where I fight... With my proverbial whit and cutty sarc, hence the name, my young paduan

Scimi-tar

Kiro
09-19-2016, 09:36 PM
This is where I fight... With my proverbial whit and cutty sarc, hence the name, my young paduan

Scimi-tar
Finger fencing!?

KEyboard fencing

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 09:48 PM
Padawan.

Speaking of Padawans, it is claimed that George Lucas got the idea for "Star Wars" from the Sufis. There was an article on it a few years ago. The outfits the Jedi wear is worn by the Sufi Sheikhs.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/altmusl...c_perspective/

Scimitar
09-19-2016, 09:53 PM
Digital Murder

Scimitar
09-19-2016, 09:55 PM
Padawan.

Speaking of Padawans, it is claimed that George Lucas got the idea for "Star Wars" from the Sufis. There was an article on it a few years ago. The outfits the Jedi wear is worn by the Sufi Sheikhs.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/altmusl...c_perspective/
filmed in Tunisian dessert, where the Sufi run ... Uh, I mean, rotate freely :D

Scimi

Kiro
09-19-2016, 10:03 PM
are @Scimitar [email]and@
Huzaifah ibn Adam similar ages

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 10:06 PM
are @Scimitar [email]and@
Huzaifah ibn Adam similar ages
You know what I mentioned last time, akhi.

"You're only as old as the girl you feel."

Kiro
09-19-2016, 10:10 PM

Is this marriage related?

:heated::heated::heated:+o(

Scimitar
09-19-2016, 10:18 PM

I still have to work that one out... I'm not feeling any girl lol.

Scimi

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 10:18 PM

More than that.

Scimitar
09-19-2016, 10:19 PM

in some cultures, it would be tradition to fight for the young blossom they call a princess

personally, I think she's over rated and prefer mario's princess to these "worldly types" lol

Scimi

Scimitar
09-19-2016, 10:20 PM
I still have to work that one out... I'm not feeling any girl lol.

Scimi
the answer is a question - what is 0 divided by 0? :D

Kiro
09-19-2016, 10:23 PM
More than that.
You can't crush my virgin powers with your Sex joke

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 10:24 PM
We'll see.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 10:25 PM
personally, I think she's over rated and prefer mario's princess to these "worldly types" lol
Princess Peach?

Scimitar
09-19-2016, 10:32 PM
Princess Peach?
yeah lol

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 10:34 PM
yeah lol
What do you like about Princess Peach?

Scimitar
09-19-2016, 10:36 PM
What do you like about Princess Peach?
theres no bad press - that's simply it lol

Scimi

EDIT: although, had you asked me about Jessica rabbit :D

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 10:40 PM
Eish...

darkbro
09-19-2016, 11:31 PM
Is it a challenge?

I can see where this is going..

Scimitar
09-20-2016, 02:12 AM
Eish...
Can of worms begging to be opened Huzaifah old chap :D

Scimi

Kiro
09-20-2016, 04:38 AM
Can of worms begging to be opened Huzaifah old chap :D

Scimi

eeeeeeeeewwwwwww

i am not going to become a space pilot

Serinity
09-20-2016, 06:56 AM
Art is an explosion..................... Right? is it?

darkbro
09-20-2016, 07:09 AM
Art is an explosion..................... Right? is it?
Art is puppet mastering..

Serinity
09-20-2016, 08:10 AM
Art is puppet mastering..
Art is being the mastermind behind war as you see people cripple below their feet as you sprint in a ninja-like way and slash people to pieces... while blood splashes into the sky in while the scarlet shine of the sun lights up... and then the blood rain down!

Interesting? not really.........

darkbro
09-20-2016, 08:12 AM
Art is being the mastermind behind war as you see people cripple below their feet as you sprint in a ninja-like way and slash people to pieces... while blood splashes into the sky in while the scarlet shine of the sun lights up... and then the blood rain down!

Interesting? not really.........
Art is.. when you can turn a coward into able to defeat a dragon..

Art is a bard.

Bard..

Serinity
09-20-2016, 08:25 AM
Art is.. when you can turn a coward into able to defeat a dragon..

Art is a bard.

Bard..

Music instruments are haram.

darkbro
09-20-2016, 08:27 AM
Music instruments are haram.

See? It's super effective against muslims[emoji14]

Serinity
09-20-2016, 08:30 AM
See? It's super effective against muslims[emoji14]
you are Muslim yourself, so I don't get what you are at.......

darkbro
09-20-2016, 08:34 AM
you are Muslim yourself, so I don't get what you are at.......
Nah, there is always a mute button..

Support skills:
Bragi's poem : reduce casting time and after delay skills
Assassin cross at the sunset : increase critical hit rate
Idun's apple : increase max hp and create a small hp regeneration
Whistle : increase perfect dodge
Frost Joke : has a chance to freeze enemies in 11 x 11 screen

Ensemble skills with dancers:
Loki's wail : both friend and foe cannot use any skill in the area
Eternal Chaos : reduce defense of the enemy to zero
Ring of Nibelungen : increase resistance against elemental attack and wizard spells
Lullaby : put enemies to sleep

Serinity
09-20-2016, 08:57 AM
Nah, there is always a mute button..

Support skills:
Bragi's poem : reduce casting time and after delay skills
Assassin cross at the sunset : increase critical hit rate
Idun's apple : increase max hp and create a small hp regeneration
Whistle : increase perfect dodge
Frost Joke : has a chance to freeze enemies in 11 x 11 screen

Ensemble skills with dancers:
Loki's wail : both friend and foe cannot use any skill in the area
Eternal Chaos : reduce defense of the enemy to zero
Ring of Nibelungen : increase resistance against elemental attack and wizard spells
Lullaby : put enemies to sleep
Pretty sure it is haram to glorify evil and kufr. And to play games that does.

Can any scholar confirm?

Scimitar
09-20-2016, 12:56 PM
eeeeeeeeewwwwwww

i am not going to become a space pilot
no one has :D

Scimi

M.I.A.
09-20-2016, 01:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Atiiq Ibn Zala
How do you know that ?!
don't point that thing at me!

*....goes to watch Hakotu no Ken.*

talibilm
09-20-2016, 02:23 PM

In Jannah we will have the Height of Adam :as: which is around 27-30 meters tall. 60 Cubits tall.
:sl:

A cubit is normally an ancient measure of length, approximately equal to the length of a forearm. Our forearm measures about 45 cms up and comparing the foot is about 24 cm but the foot at Adams peak some say it measures about 1.8 mts so that may result Forearm or the Cubit during Prophet Adam A.S 's time could be as long as 96 cm So 60x.96= 57 meters huge subhanallah. ( I stand to corrected in calculations)

This is not a wonder but in Akirat those who are put into Hell will much much bulkier since they are to take the BRUNT of the hell fire which will be 70 times of the earth's fire so consequently Allah may give them that size with MUCH MUCH thicker skin IMO

M.I.A.
09-20-2016, 02:53 PM
lol..

we all change in height..

depending on who we are stood next too xD

..but subhanAllah..

what use have ants with fighting..

all praise is due to Allah swt.

Serinity
09-20-2016, 03:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm

A cubit is normally an ancient measure of length, approximately equal to the length of a forearm. Our forearm measures about 45 cms up and comparing the foot is about 24 cm but the foot at Adams peak some say it measures about 1.8 mts so that may result Forearm or the Cubit during Prophet Adam A.S 's time could be as long as 96 cm So 60x.96= 57 meters huge subhanallah. ( I stand to corrected in calculations)

This is not a wonder but in Akirat those who are put into Hell will much much bulkier since they are to take the BRUNT of the hell fire which will be 70 times of the earth's fire so consequently Allah may give them that size with MUCH MUCH thicker skin IMO
I see. If we measure from our arm: 45 cm, it will be around 27 m tall. But if we measure from Adam AS's time where their forearm could be 96 cm, then it is 57.

talibilm
09-20-2016, 03:16 PM
:sl:A cubit is normally an ancient measure of length, approximately equal to the length of a forearm. Our forearm measures about 45 cms up and comparing the foot is about 24 cm but the foot at Adams peak some say it measures about 1.8 mts so that may result Forearm or the Cubit during Prophet Adam A.S 's time could be as long as 96 cm So 60x.96= 57 meters huge subhanallah. ( I stand to corrected in calculations)This is not a wonder but in Akirat those who are put into Hell will much much bulkier since they are to take the BRUNT of the hell fire which will be 70 times of the earth's fire so consequently Allah may give them that size with MUCH MUCH thicker skin IMO
CORRECTION ;D wrote in a hurry to isha forearm or 1 cubit = 1.87 of the foot length (ie 1.87x 24 cm (our foot length approx) = 45 cm )So I cubit of Adam A.S = 1.87X1.80m (ie foot size at Sri Lanka's Adam's Peak)= 3.37mSo height of Adam A.S = 60 cubits X 3.37 = 202 meters tall , subhanallah , so he went and said Asalamalikum to the angels who were huge too(stand to be corrected) Hope this is right . :p
I see. If we measure from our arm: 45 cm, it will be around 27 m tall. But if we measure from Adam AS's time where their forearm could be 96 cm, then it is 57.

Serinity
09-20-2016, 03:37 PM
CORRECTION ;D wrote in a hurry to isha

forearm or 1 cubit = 1.87 of the foot length (ie 1.87x 24 = 45 cm )

So I cubit of Adam A.S = 1.87X1.80 (ie foot size at Sri Lanka's Adam's Peak)= 3.37

So height of Adam A.S = 60 cubits X 3.37 = 202 meters tall , subhanallah , so he went and said Asalamalikum to the angels who were huge too

(stand to be corrected) Hope this is right . :p
Lets see if I can make sense of this.

If the forearm or 1 cubit is = 1.87 of the foot (1.87 x 24 = 45 cm) you are basically saying that the arm is bigger than the foot. i.e. 87% bigger (1.87 = 187% (87% over))

Why do you 1.87 x 1.80 = 3.37?

Define 1.87. If 1.87 is 1.87 of the foot length, it must mean that the forearm is 87% bigger?

so =

1.87 of foot length (of our foot) = forearm
1.80 = Adam's Foot in what?

How do we know Adam's foot length.........

so you get 3.37 m of foot? i.e. 3.37 = 1 cubit..

thus 3.37 x 60 = 202 m?

ardianto
09-20-2016, 03:43 PM

:wasalam:

Okay,back to the topic.

Young bro, rather than you just dream to fight in jannah, why don't you do something real?. Join kendo club!

Serinity
09-20-2016, 03:47 PM
:wasalam:

Okay,back to the topic.

Young bro, rather than you just dream to fight in jannah, why don't you do something real?. Join kendo club!
Wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

True, the annual price is 25 GBP tho.

talibilm
09-20-2016, 03:48 PM
Yes Bro @Serenity I think so . 3.37 m is forearm or Cubit of Adam. A.S since his foot measures 1.80 meter at the Adams peak .Wallahul aalam. When Allah says that adam was created in his own Image it refers to this huge image which is still nothing for Allah.

Another Proof is from the bible when It says , I've read that Adam walked in the Sea fishing . So Its only possible if he was that tall to walk into the sea to catch fishes. This also proves he once lived near the Sea such as Srilanka .

hadiths also said the tears of Adam will not be equal to all human beings put together so proves his huge Size as well .. Its also said Adam came down in India (srilanka) said Eve came down in Jeddah and Adam in India . Adam a.s walked in search of his wife and have could met at jeddah . So he was huge just to walk out to far places.

Allah knows the best

Kiro
09-20-2016, 04:00 PM

two football fields

ardianto
09-20-2016, 04:09 PM
two football fields
Length of football field is 90 meters (minimum) - 120 meters (maximum)

Scimitar
09-20-2016, 04:32 PM
Length of football field is 90 meters (minimum) - 120 meters (maximum)
105 meters, average :D hahahaa

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.