/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tommrow is my Birthday- A year closer to death!

ReboundMuslimah
09-08-2016, 02:18 AM
Tommrorow is my birthday!! man where has the time gone? Its actually sad I haven't accomplished anything maybe this year I'll accomplish something and muture up a little lol. Thinking about it now I'm one year closer to my death

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kiro
09-08-2016, 02:28 AM
Is there such a thing called birthday, ure not born every year

hmm

500yardsoffo
09-08-2016, 03:11 AM
Technically, according to islam you never die. You live for eternity and these are just first 60 or 70 years of your eternal life. So enjoy [emoji14]

Serinity
09-08-2016, 04:28 AM
A day closer.... As we approach death. We should embrace death and not fear it.

Allahu alam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ReboundMuslimah
09-08-2016, 04:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
A day closer.... As we approach death. We should embrace death and not fear it.

Allahu alam
I don't fear death anymore I actually look forward to it.

Kiro
09-08-2016, 04:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser
I don't fear death anymore I actually look forward to it.
Yh

this world is boring @Huzaifah ibn Adam than i can meet simba right?

Serinity
09-08-2016, 07:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
Yh

The only thing I fear is failure, I don't fear death at all. I just fear not being ready............... As I battle my struggle to stay on Tawheed.

As of this moment, I wouldn't like to die. Not because I want to stay in this world. But because I don't feel ready to leave it.

I wonder why Allah didn't just teleport me to Jannah now......

Kiro
09-08-2016, 07:46 AM
The only thing I fear is failure, I don't fear death at all. I just fear not being ready............... As I battle my struggle to stay on Tawheed.

As of this moment, I wouldn't like to die. Not because I want to stay in this world. But because I don't feel ready to leave it.

I wonder why Allah didn't just teleport me to Jannah now......
enough prattle and just face the breeze

Serinity
09-08-2016, 09:33 AM
enough prattle and just face the breeze
yup. When we meet in Jannah, In shaa' Allah, you will meet a breeze of my power....... Then you will know the extent of my power granted by Allah. :D

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Kiro
09-08-2016, 09:37 AM
yup. When we meet in Jannah, In shaa' Allah, you will meet a breeze of my power....... Then you will know the extent of my power granted by Allah. :D

And Allah :swt: knows best.
Please. Don't predict your wuss'yness

Serinity
09-08-2016, 09:45 AM
Please. Don't predict your wuss'yness
wuss'yness? I don't know what that is.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 10:23 AM
Yh

Yes. Then you can meet everyone you've ever wanted to. And there's no rush, because it's infinity. You can do whatever you want for as long as you want.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 10:33 AM
Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

مَنْ أَحَبَّ لِقَاءَ اللَّهِ أَحَبَّ اللَّهُ لِقَاءهُ وَمَنْ كَرِهَ لِقَاءَ اللَّهِ كَرِهَ اللَّهُ لِقَاءهُ

"Whoever loves to meet Allaah, Allaah loves to meet him. And whoever dislikes to meet Allaah, Allaah dislikes to meet him." [Narrated in Saheeh al-Bukhaari.]

Always remember that.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 500yardsoffo
Technically, according to islam you never die. You live for eternity and these are just first 60 or 70 years of your eternal life. So enjoy [emoji14]
That is very true. The idea people have of death is wrong. Death is not the end; on the contrary, death is really the Beginning. Maut (death) is simply moving from one place to another. From this Dunyaa to the Aakhirah. The quality of life, far from decreasing on account of death, has increased. The person who has left this Dunyaa is enjoying a much, much higher quality of life. They are much more alive than we are! We are the ones living in a kind of dream.

Kiro
09-08-2016, 04:24 PM
wuss'yness? I don't know what that is.
Being a wuss

Kiro
09-08-2016, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
Yes. Then you can meet everyone you've ever wanted to. And there's no rush, because it's infinity. You can do whatever you want for as long as you want.
Good boy. Wasn't I just testing you?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 05:15 PM
Good boy. Wasn't I just testing you?
No, but you can tell yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Serinity
09-08-2016, 05:35 PM
On a more serious note.

Look forward to the meeting with your Rabb! Love it, cherish it.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 05:45 PM
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ لَا يَرْجُونَ لِقَاءَنَا وَرَضُوا بِالْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَاطْمَأَنُّوا بِهَا وَالَّذِينَ هُمْ عَنْ آيَاتِنَا غَافِلُونَ (7) أُولَئِكَ مَأْوَاهُمُ النَّارُ بِمَا كَانُوا يَكْسِبُونَ (8) إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ يَهْدِيهِمْ رَبُّهُمْ بِإِيمَانِهِمْ تَجْرِي مِنْ تَحْتِهِمُ الْأَنْهَارُ فِي جَنَّاتِ النَّعِيمِ (9) دَعْوَاهُمْ فِيهَا سُبْحَانَكَ اللَّهُمَّ وَتَحِيَّتُهُمْ فِيهَا سَلَامٌ وَآخِرُ دَعْوَاهُمْ أَنِ الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ

"Verily, those who do not hope (i.e. do not long for) the meeting with Us, are pleased with the life of this Dunyaa and are contented with it, and those who are heedless regarding Our Aayaat: for them, their abode will be the Fire (of Jahannam) due to what they had earned. Indeed, those who have Imaan and do good deeds, their Rabb will guide them on account of their Imaan; rivers will flow beneath them in Gardens of Delight...

Their call therein will be 'Sub-haanakallaahumma' (Glory be to You, O Allaah!) and their greeting will be 'Salaam', and the close of their call will be 'Alhamdulillaahi Rabbil `Aalameen'." [Soorah Yoonus, 10:7, 8, 9, 10.]

mission2succeed
09-08-2016, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser
Tommrorow is my birthday!! man where has the time gone? Its actually sad I haven't accomplished anything maybe this year I'll accomplish something and muture up a little lol. Thinking about it now I'm one year closer to my death
I normally rephrase it as 'Day of Birth' sounds more reasonable that way.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 06:02 PM
"`Eed Meelaad" in Arabic.

عيد ميلاد

noraina
09-08-2016, 07:32 PM
When I was younger, I was *terrified* of death and dying, to the extent that I would have the most horrible nightmares about it.

Naturally, death is something unknown and unseen, we feel a certain apprehension or uncertainty towards it, but not fear.

When we say 'inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon' it's meaning is actually so comforting 'to Allah swt we belong and to Him we shall return'. So death isn't the end or separation, it is a reunion with your Creator, and we should strive to make it a beautiful one.

We weren't made for this dunya, but for Jannah - may we all meet there one day.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 08:01 PM
آمين يا رب العالمين

Kiro
09-09-2016, 02:13 PM
No, but you can tell yourself that if it makes you feel better.
He's growing up :cry:

did I raise him well :cry:

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 02:33 PM
He's growing up :cry:

did I raise him well :cry:
You weren't born yet when I was growing up.

Kiro
09-09-2016, 02:58 PM
You weren't born yet when I was growing up.
You can still be growing.

Serinity
09-09-2016, 09:11 PM
I feel uneasy about the idea of "not wanting to die" or having the feeling of "wanting to stay in this world" I seriously do not like it.

While I do fear the state I may die in, I find it delusional to want to escape death and to "stay in this world". Everyone will die, except the Creator Allah.

So why bother escaping death lmao lol. I find it pathetic.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 09:48 PM
You can still be growing.
True. Forever young, eh? "#Forever21"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.