/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody please translate this?

500yardsoffo
09-09-2016, 10:56 AM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 01:50 PM
It reads:

"I ask You by Your outstretched Hands, by the Nobility of Your Face, by the Noor of Your Eyes and by the perfection of Your Eyes, that you grant us the good of everything that is in conformity with Your Will, connected to Your Power; that Your Pen has written and that Your Knowledge has encompassed. And (I ask You) to prevent us from the harm of everything that is other than that. And (I ask that You) perfect our Deen, complete Your favour upon us and take our Arwaah (souls) with Your (Own) Hand."

500yardsoffo
09-09-2016, 01:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
It reads:

"I ask You by Your outstretched Hands, by the Nobility of Your Face, by the Noor of Your Eyes and by the perfection of Your Eyes, that you grant us the good of everything that is in conformity with Your Will, connected to Your Power; that Your Pen has written and that Your Knowledge has encompassed. And (I ask You) to prevent us from the harm of everything that is other than that. And (I ask that You) perfect our Deen, complete Your favour upon us and take our Arwaah (souls) with Your (Own) Hand."
Is it refering to Allah?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 01:57 PM
Yes, it is addressed to Allaah Ta`aalaa.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 01:59 PM
It is not from the Masnoon Du`aas, though. Meaning, it is not from the Qur'aan and nor is it from Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم and the Sahaabah.

At the end of the Du`aa, the one who has written it has asked that Allaah Ta`aalaa take our Arwaah by His Own Hand. However, we know that Allaah Ta`aalaa has appointed Malak-ul-Maut (The Angel of Death) for this task.

500yardsoffo
09-09-2016, 02:00 PM
Thank you very much. And one last question: this writing includes hands, face and eyes. So is it refering to Allah?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 02:02 PM
Yes, it is. In the Qur'aan, Allaah Ta`aalaa makes mention of Yad (Hand), Wajh (Face), A`yun (Eyes), when referring to Himself. However, it must be kept in mind that there is no resemblance between Allaah Ta`aalaa and His creation. Allaah Ta`aalaa knows best what these words mean when used to refer to Him.

500yardsoffo
09-09-2016, 02:04 PM
Yes, it is. In the Qur'aan, Allaah Ta`aalaa makes mention of Yad (Hand), Wajh (Face), A`yun (Eyes), when referring to Himself. However, it must be kept in mind that there is no resemblance between Allaah Ta`aalaa and His creation. Allaah Ta`aalaa knows best what these words mean when used to refer to Him.
Thanks man. You're very helpful. :)

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 02:06 PM
Glad to be of help.

500yardsoffo
09-09-2016, 06:21 PM
Glad to be of help.
Another question [emoji14]
what does " Ya Wajhh Allah" and " Ya wajhan Nabi" mean?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 500yardsoffo
Another question [emoji14]
what does " Ya Wajhh Allah" and " Ya wajhan Nabi" mean?
Yaa Wajhallaah = "O Face of Allaah! (or "O Countenance of Allaah!")

Yaa Wajhan Nabi = "O Face of the Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم!"

However, we have not been taught to address Allaah Ta`aalaa or Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم in this manner.

500yardsoffo
09-10-2016, 02:36 AM
Yaa Wajhallaah = "O Face of Allaah! (or "O Countenance of Allaah!")

Yaa Wajhan Nabi = "O Face of the Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم!"

However, we have not been taught to address Allaah Ta`aalaa or Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم in this manner.
Bro Why is it wrong to say these words?

ardianto
09-10-2016, 06:30 AM
It is not from the Masnoon Du`aas, though. Meaning, it is not from the Qur'aan and nor is it from Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم and the Sahaabah.
That is originally from Sufi poem.

500yardsoffo
09-10-2016, 06:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
That is originally from Sufi poem.
Yes there is a sufi here in my country who gives these dua's and wazaif to people for reading. Although people here dont speak or understand arabic.

ardianto
09-10-2016, 06:43 AM
Yes there is a sufi here in my country who gives these dua's and wazaif to people for reading. Although people here dont speak or understand arabic.
Sufis in my place love to write "du'a poem" like that too. However, people in my place do not take these poems as du'a, but as lyric for nasheed.

500yardsoffo
09-10-2016, 07:09 AM
Sufis in my place love to write "du'a poem" like that too. However, people in my place do not take these poems as du'a, but as lyric for nasheed.
The dua i mentioned here is given to people by the title " Dua of taqdeer (destiny)" and is told that it eliminates bad things from destiny.

Umm Abed
09-10-2016, 07:17 AM
The best duas are those which were taught to us by Nabi:arabic5:, which are the masnoon duas. They are comprehensive and encompassing our daily lives. It is more effective.

For removing bad things from destiny you can make any kind of dua in your own language asking Allah swt for safety and goodness in this world and akhirah, but even the masnoon duas will have a good effect.

Thats my input and understanding on the topic but hope it can be clarified by @huzaifa h ibn Adam. :ia:

ardianto
09-10-2016, 09:35 AM
The dua i mentioned here is given to people by the title " Dua of taqdeer (destiny)" and is told that it eliminates bad things from destiny.
Every Muslim knows that Allah appointed the angel of death to take the souls. But in this du'a the writer use words " take our Arwaah (souls) with Your (Own) Hand". The writer also use words " Your outstretched Hands, ... Nobility of Your Face, .. the Noor of Your Eyes", which are metaphor. It shows that this du'a actually is poem.

I am familiar with Sufi poems. That's why when I read that du'a I recognize that as "poetic du'a" that often taken as nasheed lyrics in my place.

noraina
09-10-2016, 10:11 AM
Every Muslim knows that Allah appointed the angel of death to take the souls. But in this du'a the writer use words " take our Arwaah (souls) with Your (Own) Hand". The writer also use words " Your outstretched Hands, ... Nobility of Your Face, .. the Noor of Your Eyes", which are metaphor. It shows that this du'a actually is poem.

I am familiar with Sufi poems. That's why when I read that du'a I recognize that as "poetic du'a" that often taken as nasheed lyrics in my place.
Yes, Sufi poems or supplications can be extremely metaphorical, even I was taken aback when I read some - they are definitely *not* to be taken literally, nor as a literal description of aqeedah or anything like that.

And they shouldn't be used as duas, we have so mant excellent duas within the Qur'an itself and given to us by the Prophet (peace be upon him). I'd recommend you get a book called the 'Fortress of the Muslims', you can get it online for a couple of pounds and it's an excellent little book with a comprehensive dua list.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.