/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should i obey my mother in this case?

Nisthar
09-10-2016, 06:38 AM
Assalamu alaikum,

In my locality, there is a event in which a group of muslims gather in the local madras and provide food in the name of the martyrs in badr.

So my mother tells me to fetch that food from the madras. I told i can't. What should i do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
darkbro
09-10-2016, 06:58 AM
Tell her softly, and insist on it softly

sister herb
09-10-2016, 07:24 AM
Do you know, why she asks this?

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2016, 09:26 AM
Subhanallah

Your mother orders you to good and you consider disobeying her?

Allahu akbar

May Allah guide you

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Abed
09-10-2016, 09:46 AM
To do something "in the name of martyrs", is that allowed?

My understanding is you can only do it in the name of Allah but you can do a good deed in someone's behalf. @IbnAbdulHakim

mission2succeed
09-10-2016, 11:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nisthar
Assalamu alaikum,

In my locality, there is a event in which a group of muslims gather in the local madras and provide food in the name of the martyrs in badr.

So my mother tells me to fetch that food from the madras. I told i can't. What should i do?
Surely this is not from the 'quran and sunnah' you should tell her this if she does not know and refrain from doing as she suggests.

And Allah knows best.

Nisthar
09-10-2016, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Subhanallah

Your mother orders you to good and you consider disobeying her?

Allahu akbar

May Allah guide you
I don't think its a good thing to eat food thats distributed freely on the badr martyrs.

Nisthar
09-10-2016, 12:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed

My understanding is you can only do it in the name of Allah but you can do a good deed in someone's behalf.
So, Does it mean its permissible to eat that food?

darkbro
09-10-2016, 03:03 PM
can you explain more about food of badr martyr?

Nisthar
09-10-2016, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by darkbro
can you explain more about food of badr martyr?
I don't have much info on it either. But its only conducted on this day. So they must be distributing this food in the rememberance of their sacrifice.

Love_Sahabah
09-10-2016, 03:32 PM
On one side you dont want to make your mother sad, and on other side you dont want to innovate in religion( i think u mean that, forgive me if that is not the case brother). My brother this is hard question. :phew

Make lots of duas. May Allah help you.

Nisthar
09-10-2016, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Love_Sahabah
On one side you dont want to make your mother sad, and on other side you dont want to innovate in religion( i think u mean that, forgive me if that is not the case brother). My brother this is hard question. :phew

Make lots of duas. May Allah help you.
Yes, anyway, I obeyed my mother now. But didn't eat the food.

Is it a sin to eat that food? I am not sure if they eat the food in the name of martyrs. But they distribute it in this day only.

Sorry for the bad english.

Umm Abed
09-10-2016, 03:45 PM
I am still not sure brother, as to what exactly they are doing and whether we can eat that food.

Perhaps our knowledgeable sheikh can answer that:ia: . Huzaifah ibn Adam.

Love_Sahabah
09-10-2016, 03:53 PM
The brother means coming together and to eat food as remembrance for the Badr Martyrs.

Kiro
09-10-2016, 03:56 PM
1) it should not be in disobedience to Allah

2) There should be some benefit to the order

3) If they are being unreasonable

https://islamqa.info/en/214117

Umm Abed
09-10-2016, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Love_Sahabah
The brother means coming together and to eat food as remembrance for the Badr Martyrs.
If they are saying they're doing it in the name of the Badr martyrs I dont know if its allowed to eat such food then. Also, doing an action in the name of someone...

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-10-2016, 07:46 PM
This is a question that can only be answered once we have more information from the brothers who are conducting it; what exactly is their intention behind doing it? Are they doing it as Isaal-e-Thawaab for the Shuhadaa of Badr, or are they actually making food in the name of the Sahaabah and distributing it in their name?

As Muslims, all of our actions are only in the name of Allaah Ta`aalaa. That is the meaning of "Bismillaah". Nothing is done "in the name" of any other person. Such food is not permissible to eat from.

But again, we first have to know more regarding their belief and intention behind this. We have to be absolutely certain before any ruling can be given. If possible, ask them to tell you more about it. What exactly their intentions are and if they are in fact doing A`maal in the name of Sahaabah or if their intention is actually Isaal-e-Thawaab.

Akhi_Umar
09-10-2016, 08:06 PM
:wa:

Well it depends on your intention does it not? If you want to feed those in the masjid, then by all means do it

HOWEVER "in the name of the martyrs in badr" sounds a bit sketchy... When I say sketchy I mean it sounds like Bid'ah to me.

You need to expand on this a bit more.

Umm Abed
09-11-2016, 07:31 AM
:jz: to @huzaifa h bin Adam for answering based on shar'i wisdom.

May Allah increase your knowledge.

darkbro
09-11-2016, 11:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Akhi_Umar

Well it depends on your intention does it not? If you want to feed those in the masjid, then by all means do it

HOWEVER "in the name of the martyrs in badr" sounds a bit sketchy... When I say sketchy I mean it sounds like Bid'ah to me.

You need to expand on this a bit more.
Yea i agree a lot. Seems OP was scared if what he did was bidah

IbnAbdulHakim
09-14-2016, 07:19 PM

My understanding is you can only do it in the name of Allah but you can do a good deed in someone's behalf. @IbnAbdulHakim
It is allowed.

Ask any sunni scholar of the madhaahib

wallahi it is allowed

fear Allah regarding where you take your knowledge from

ASsalamu Alaikum

Umm Abed
09-15-2016, 08:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
It is allowed.

Ask any sunni scholar of the madhaahib

wallahi it is allowed

fear Allah regarding where you take your knowledge from

ASsalamu Alaikum
I know you can do certain acts on behalf of others but can you do any ibadah in the name of anyone besides Allah?

That is the big question.

Pyrrhic
09-15-2016, 12:07 PM
A man once consulted the prophet Muhammad S.A.W about taking part in a military campaign. The Prophet Hazrat Muhammad S.A.W asked the man if his mother was still living. When told that she was alive, the Prophet Hazrat Muhammad S.A.W said: "Stay with her, for paradise is at her feed. (Al-Tirmizi).

“I know of no other deed that brings people closer to Allah than kind treatment and respect towards one's mother.”[Al-Adab al-Mufrad Bukhârî 1/45]

IbnAbdulHakim
09-15-2016, 04:46 PM
I know you can do certain acts on behalf of others but can you do any ibadah in the name of anyone besides Allah?

That is the big question.

the intention is to feed people and send rewards upon the martyrs of badr

just the way rasoolullaah did saws when he sent food to the friends of khadijah

just the way rasoolullaah did saws when he sent food to the family of ja'far

Umm Abed
09-17-2016, 07:05 PM
That is quite different to what I said initially.

Can you tell me in which way did I say incorrectly?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.