/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My hooyo doesn't mind that I am Muslim

mashaallah04
09-10-2016, 11:37 PM
Hey you guys turns out my mom doesnt mind to much that I'm muslim. But for most of my family they do but like Allah said in the 6 verse of al-baqara ... "As those who reject faith, it is the same to them whether thou warn them or do not warn them; they will not believe." But I'm okay because some people will accept me as I am and some won't and I understand I am just a proud Muslim and shall always be

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ReboundMuslimah
09-11-2016, 12:13 AM
Are you Somali because you know hoyo is a somali word for mom.

mashaallah04
09-11-2016, 02:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser
Are you Somali because you know hoyo is a somali word for mom.
Yes I am Somalian are you also

ReboundMuslimah
09-11-2016, 04:13 AM
Wait you said you converted right? 99 percent of the people in Somalia are Muslim, actually the whole country is Muslim so... I'm confused.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Love_Sahabah
09-11-2016, 08:02 AM
Is your mom somali?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-11-2016, 08:42 PM
Maybe the OP wasn't born in Somalia.

ReboundMuslimah
09-11-2016, 10:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
You don't have to be born there as long as your parents are Somali then you're Muslim.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-11-2016, 10:30 PM
You don't have to be born there as long as your parents are Somali then you're Muslim.
What I mean is, if she wasn't born in Somalia, then maybe her parents moved from Somalia to live in another country and perhaps became Christians or whatever (this is just guess work), and thus she would not have grown up a Muslim but has now converted to Islaam, Alhamdulillaah.

ReboundMuslimah
09-11-2016, 10:32 PM
What I mean is, if she wasn't born in Somalia, then maybe her parents moved from Somalia to live in another country and perhaps became Christians or whatever (this is just guess work), and thus she would not have grown up a Muslim but has now converted to Islaam, Alhamdulillaah.
Trust me no Somali would ever leave their religion.

Love_Sahabah
09-12-2016, 08:23 AM

In every nation there are apostates.. May Allah guide them amin

eesa the kiwi
09-12-2016, 08:39 AM
i used to flat with a somali whose brother became a christian
it happens

mashaallah04
09-12-2016, 09:54 AM
Wait you said you converted right? 99 percent of the people in Somalia are Muslim, actually the whole country is Muslim so... I'm confused.
Yes because my parents move to america and have family and our family is mixed I'm not ur average Somali love

format_quote Originally Posted by Love_Sahabah
Is your mom somali?
Yes she is

Yes that's what happened

I am Somali and our family has mixed religions we are in america now

format_quote Originally Posted by Love_Sahabah
In every nation there are apostates.. May Allah guide them amin
Mashaallah

format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
i used to flat with a somali whose brother became a christian
it happens
Yep it does

My parents and I are Somali yes they moved to the usa and became Christian but I am Muslim now and my hooyo doesn't mind don't get confused guys my family is a mixed family of Somalis there are Muslims,Christians and on my father side a little catholic but that doesn't make us a weird Somali family it makes us unique

Yeah the other parent wasn't born in Somali

ReboundMuslimah
09-12-2016, 11:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mashaallah04
Yes because my parents move to america and have family and our family is mixed I'm not ur average Somali love

Yes she is

Yes that's what happened

I am Somali and our family has mixed religions we are in america now

Mashaallah

Yep it does

My parents and I are Somali yes they moved to the usa and became Christian but I am Muslim now and my hooyo doesn't mind don't get confused guys my family is a mixed family of Somalis there are Muslims,Christians and on my father side a little catholic but that doesn't make us a weird Somali family it makes us unique

Yeah the other parent wasn't born in Somali
Wow may Allah guide your family usually when stuff like this happens the Somali community shuns you and you become an outcast. Even worst you get killed in Somalia. Tell your family to come back go the way of Allah sister.

So what are you mixed with if you don't mind me asking?

Love_Sahabah
09-12-2016, 12:15 PM
May Allah guide ur family.

Born_Believer
09-17-2016, 11:00 AM
I was wondering what hooyo meant lol

mashaallah04
09-21-2016, 01:43 PM
Wow may Allah guide your family usually when stuff like this happens the Somali community shuns you and you become an outcast. Even worst you get killed in Somalia. Tell your family to come back go the way of Allah sister.

So what are you mixed with if you don't mind me asking?
Yes I am mixed with Somali

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.