/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How are we suppose to worship Allah when hungry?

ReboundMuslimah
09-11-2016, 12:33 AM
*How are we suppose to worship Allah when we are hungry and out of energy. I try to make dua and ask for repetence but they feel like words to me even thought I want it to be sincere. I also get really irritated and I have no patience. I am planning on fasting again tommrow but I dont if Allah will accept it tho. No matter how hard I try to control my anger I always end up snapping in the end. I always ask God to cure me but I see why he doesn't because of my stupid character.

How do you people do it? You're not yourself when you're hungry so how do you control it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Search
09-11-2016, 01:12 AM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

My sheikh (Islamic teacher) used to say that we must be patient for everything and we should be patient to the last breath we take in our life. This is great wisdom, sis. If we are not patient, we cannot stand in salat (prayer). If we are not patient when we make dua (supplication), our iman (faith) will weaken (should we then not immediately see results). See, patience is very important, sis. It is the beginning point, the middle point, and the ending point of all success in deen, dunya, and aakhirah.

If you're asking to be patient, try to see how in nature Allah has created patient creatures like the spider - it takes about one hour for the average spider to weave its elaborate web of silk called an orb web. They do so they can capture insects for food; if they weren't patient, they wouldn't be able to be masters of their own destiny in capturing their own food.

Allah has given us the means to be patient by giving us motivation in telling us that He's with the patient (Quran 2:153) and telling us that this dunya is temporary and we should keep our gaze in the hereafter. Allah has also given us a recipe for overcoming anger and lack of energy which is to change your mindset and approach as Allah says in the Quran, "Indeed Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves." So, instead of thinking of the fast as a time in which you're depriving yourself of food and drink, think of this time as one which is enabling you to gain a connection to Allah and plan some delicious recipes or anything else you'd like for yourself and give yourself that as a reward for keeping this fast.

Since you know that hunger makes you irritable and angry, try to discover what your past triggers to anger have been in such situations and then make a firm determination to see if you can avoid your triggers and keep yourself occupied in beneficial activities of any kind whether it is watching a YouTube Islamic lecture or engaging in zikrullah (remembrance of Allah) or helping your parents with something or maybe participating on IB.

Sis, nothing is easy except that which Allah makes easy for us out of His Infinite Mercy. If this is a particular struggle of yours, first remember to thank Allah that at least you're able to keep the fast and then supplicate to Allah (with whatever sincerity you're able to muster, and remember even an atom of sincerity is enough for Allah as Allah counts our intentions) for everything of concern including this fast to be made easy for you. Remember, sis, you're the solution to your own problem; and Allah will give you all the help you require if only you remember to use yourself as a tool to benefit yourself in the best way possible.

(Hugs.) Take care, lovely sis. I have every confidence in you that you can do this in the best way; now, please have some confidence in yourself. :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser
*How are we suppose to worship Allah when we are hungry and out of energy. I try to make dua and ask for repetence but they feel like words to me even thought I want it to be sincere. I also get really irritated and I have no patience. I am planning on fasting again tommrow but I dont if Allah will accept it tho. No matter how hard I try to control my anger I always end up snapping in the end. I always ask God to cure me but I see why he doesn't because of my stupid character.

How do you people do it? You're not yourself when you're hungry so how do you control it?
:wa: (And peace be upon you)

ReboundMuslimah
09-11-2016, 01:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Search

My sheikh (Islamic teacher) used to say that we must be patient for everything and we should be patient to the last breath we take in our life. This is great wisdom, sis. If we are not patient, we cannot stand in salat (prayer). If we are not patient when we make dua (supplication), our iman (faith) will weaken (should we then not immediately see results). See, patience is very important, sis. It is the beginning point, the middle point, and the ending point of all success in deen, dunya, and aakhirah.

If you're asking to be patient, try to see how in nature Allah has created patient creatures like the spider - it takes about one hour for the average spider to weave its elaborate web of silk called an orb web. They do so they can capture insects for food; if they weren't patient, they wouldn't be able to be masters of their own destiny in capturing their own food.

Allah has given us the means to be patient by giving us motivation in telling us that He's with the patient (Quran 2:153) and telling us that this dunya is temporary and we should keep our gaze in the hereafter. Allah has also given us a recipe for overcoming anger and lack of energy which is to change your mindset and approach as Allah says in the Quran, "Indeed Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves." So, instead of thinking of the fast as a time in which you're depriving yourself of food and drink, think of this time as one which is enabling you to gain a connection to Allah and plan some delicious recipes or anything else you'd like for yourself and give yourself that as a reward for keeping this fast.

Since you know that hunger makes you irritable and angry, try to discover what your past triggers to anger have been in such situations and then make a firm determination to see if you can avoid your triggers and keep yourself occupied in beneficial activities of any kind whether it is watching a YouTube Islamic lecture or engaging in zikrullah (remembrance of Allah) or helping your parents with something or maybe participating on IB.

Sis, nothing is easy except that which Allah makes easy for us out of His Infinite Mercy. If this is a particular struggle of yours, first remember to thank Allah that at least you're able to keep the fast and then supplicate to Allah (with whatever sincerity you're able to muster, and remember even an atom of sincerity is enough for Allah as Allah counts our intentions) for everything of concern including this fast to be made easy for you. Remember, sis, you're the solution to your own problem; and Allah will give you all the help you require if only you remember to use yourself as a tool to benefit yourself in the best way possible.

(Hugs.) Take care, lovely sis. I have every confidence in you that you can do this in the best way; now, please have some confidence in yourself. :)

Thanks sis you seem to give the best advice which are really detailed.

Inshallah Allah accepts my fast as I am really trying to overcome a lot of things. Since my family is the main cause of my anger I'll try to stay away from them tommrow. If I do that would it be considered cutting kinship?

Search
09-11-2016, 01:32 AM

I'd say try to minimize your interaction with them but please do not completely avoid them as they might become concerned or upset with your attitude and behavior. Try to see if there are certain topics you can completely avoid in their presence that triggers your temper.

Also, Allah has said, "I AM as My servant thinks I am." Therefore, always have the best thoughts about Allah and know that if you have tried to keep the fast for Allah's sake, then indeed Allah has accepted your efforts out of His Infinite Mercy as well.

:) Prophet :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "A good attitude is a blessing and a bad attitude is a calamity."

So, try to maintain a positive attitude. You can do it! Have confidence in your ability to overcome your challenges.

format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser
Thanks sis you seem to give the best advice which are really detailed.

Inshallah Allah accepts my fast as I am really trying to overcome a lot of things. Since my family is the main cause of my anger I'll try to stay away from them tommrow. If I do that would it be considered cutting kinship?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.