/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is my fast valid?

Little_Lion
09-11-2016, 01:42 PM
I need to take medication twice a day, and I need to take it with 350 calories of food and a full glass of fluid. I currently take my medications at 10 in the morning and 10 at night; no matter what time I take them, they always intersect the times for fasting for Ramadan or in a more pertinent example, today, so that I am never able to take them at a time when I am not supposed to be fasting.

Currently what I do is fast except for the time that I am supposed to take my medication. Does this make for a valid fast, or am I exempt from fasting due to my medical requirements? Do I gain any reward for fasting as best as I can?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
darkbro
09-11-2016, 02:27 PM
I dont think that would count as a valid fasting. The definition of fasting itself is very clear: not eating and drinking since the subh until sunset.

Have you considered moving the hour of taking medication? Have you read something called "t1/2" or biological half life? Ask a pharmacist about it.

Or..If you live in equator or in far southern hemisphere, you can even have as low as 11 hrs of fasting

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.