/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Screamed out of fear.... Woke up my whole family....

Serinity
09-12-2016, 03:15 AM
:salam:

I really need advice. I do not want this to happen again. I think I have a fear of sounds I can not recognize/verify the cause of.

I really need the protection of Allah. I have no mental problems or anything.

It went like this:

I woke up around 2 AM. Did ghusl, entered the living room, heard a sound. And then I guess paranoia hit me and I screamed :/ wth.....

Btw, my mom said to not do ghusl in the night, should I listen to her? She says because the shayateen are active and you can become mentally ill if you bath in the night.

Now my fam prob thinks of me as ill. Prob not.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
popsthebuilder
09-12-2016, 03:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

I really need advice. I do not want this to happen again. I think I have a fear of sounds I can not recognize/verify the cause of.

It went like this:

I woke up around 2 AM. Did ghusl, entered the living room, heard a sound. And then I guess paranoia hit me and I screamed :/ wth.....

Btw, my mom said to not do ghusl in the night, should I listen to her? She says because the shayateen are active and you can become mentally ill if you bath in the night.

Practice fearing no thing what so ever but the repercussions of your own actions. Absolutely no thing can negatively affect the Will of GOD or you who faithfully abide by it. Sounds, and sights are generally the limit of what Satan can amass, and none of it can harm you. Continue in Faith and let not your idle wanderings a fright you or veer you from your goal, that pleasing goal in the sight of GOD.

humbly, peace

Serinity
09-12-2016, 06:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder
Practice fearing no thing what so ever but the repercussions of your own actions. Absolutely no thing can negatively affect the Will of GOD or you who faithfully abide by it. Sounds, and sights are generally the limit of what Satan can amass, and none of it can harm you. Continue in Faith and let not your idle wanderings a fright you or veer you from your goal, that pleasing goal in the sight of GOD.

humbly, peace
True, I should fear none but Allah, just as I should worship none but Allah.

I feel bad waking up my family tho.

But yeah, this is a good opportunity to go back to the Quran and rememorise Ayatul Kursi (an ayat / verse in the Quran) and the 3 quls (3 last Surahs / chapters in the Quran)

I feel more guilty for waking up my family.

Muslim Woman
09-12-2016, 06:34 AM
:wa:

Bro , sorry to hear that. Do ablution before u go to sleep. Recite Ayatul Qursi , Sura Falak , Nas.

Never heard that we must not take bath at night. If needed we can do it.

Don't miss Salat. Recite Quran daily.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
09-12-2016, 09:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
:wa:

Bro , sorry to hear that. Do ablution before u go to sleep. Recite Ayatul Qursi , Sura Falak , Nas.

Never heard that we must not take bath at night. If needed we can do it.

Don't miss Salat. Recite Quran daily.

I will start doing that. In shaa' Allah. And this time, I am determined to do it every single time. I promise myself that.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-12-2016, 12:48 PM
Making Ghusl at night doesn't make a person mentally ill nor does it have any other negative effects. If it did, how many couples around the world would be having mental illness (because some make Ghusl even more than once a night...)

For what reason did you get up to make Ghusl, though? You haven't gotten married yet, right?

Serinity
09-12-2016, 01:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
Making Ghusl at night doesn't make a person mentally ill nor does it have any other negative effects. If it did, how many couples around the world would be having mental illness (because some make Ghusl even more than once a night...)

For what reason did you get up to make Ghusl, though? You haven't gotten married yet, right?
Correct, I am not married. I had a vivid dream. And therefore I decided to do Ghusl because Fajr was 2 hours and 30 minutes away.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-12-2016, 01:57 PM
I see, I see. You should get married soon, though. And have children.

Some guys, when they have children and go to the Department of Home Affairs to fill out those forms, then in the old days (Apartheid era), they used to have "Race:" as part of the fields to be filled in. The guys used to write: "Formula 1." And under "Sex:" They'd write: "Yes, please."

You're like one of those guys.

(Others used to fill it in as "Once a week." But that's swak, though. What's once a week...)

Serinity
09-12-2016, 02:11 PM
I see, I see. You should get married soon, though. And have children.

Some guys, when they have children and go to the Department of Home Affairs to fill out those forms, then in the old days (Apartheid era), they used to have "Race:" as part of the fields to be filled in. The guys used to write: "Formula 1." And under "Sex:" They'd write: "Yes, please."

You're like one of those guys.

(Others used to fill it in as "Once a week." But that's swak, though. What's once a week...)
No kidding, I had to read your post several times to get it. So what is this "Department of Home Affairs"? Is this some kind of thing you go to when you have children?

I need to finish off my education before marriage. I wonder.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-12-2016, 02:25 PM
You don't have a Department of Home Affairs in your place? It's where people go to get their passports, their IDs, their marriage certificates, birth certificates for their children, etc.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-12-2016, 02:27 PM
http://www.dha.gov.za/

Serinity
09-12-2016, 02:36 PM
there probably is one over here. I feel too young to marry (18 yrs old) .

talibilm
09-12-2016, 03:09 PM

It went like this:

:sl:

There's nothing wrong to ghusl at any time needed . in case you want to do ghusl later(delay it before half an hour before subuh sadiq or Sahar finishing time ) its allowed you do wudu (with gargling and nasal rinse) and sleep.

You must know Ayatul Qursi since its VI to guard of from evil or jinns. The sound may be anything even not from such evil things but its said rarely jinns create sound JUST TO FRIGHTEN Men (empty vessels make more noise) and jinns nature is like Dogs , if you run they will chase you, If you stop n face them they will retreat. Allah is always with his believers and he is enough to care of us. Nothing can harm us EXCEPT ALLAH ALLOWS it. if any thing Bad happens to a good believer with Allah's consent but there could be two hidden goods in it.

Serinity
09-12-2016, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm
:sl:

There's nothing wrong to ghusl at any time needed . in case you want to do ghusl later(delay it before half an hour before subuh sadiq or Sahar finishing time ) its allowed you do wudu (with gargling and nasal rinse) and sleep.

You must know Ayatul Qursi since its VI to guard of from evil or jinns. The sound may be anything even not from such evil things but its said rarely jinns create sound JUST TO FRIGHTEN Men (empty vessels make more noise) and jinns nature is like Dogs , if you run they will chase you, If you stop n face them they will retreat. Allah is always with his believers and he is enough to care of us. Nothing can harm us EXCEPT ALLOWS. if any thing Bad happens to a good believer with Allah's consent but there could be two hidden goods in it.
Yeah I should relearn Ayatul kursi.

I'm struggling with Imaan, tho. maybe because of my weakened state of Imaan, this happened. But I do know it was irrational fear, like why would one be afraid of sounds. Allahu alam.

Sometimes I doubt my state of Imaan.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-12-2016, 04:29 PM
there probably is one over here. I feel too young to marry (18 yrs old) .
Rubbish. Balderdash. There's no such thing.

You're more than old enough to get married. If you're old enough to get "vivid dreams" you're old enough to get married.

Serinity
09-12-2016, 04:37 PM
Rubbish. Balderdash. There's no such thing.

You're more than old enough to get married. If you're old enough to get "vivid dreams" you're old enough to get married.
True, I am old enough. I used the wrong word "vivid".. It was more or less unconscious /vivid.

Either case, you are right. I am still in education tho. And I have no job. But I feel I need to become better in deen before considering marriage.

I think this thread has served its purpose.

One off topic question tho:

Allah's exclusive rights, hold the same importance/significance as His :swt: attributes. Right?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-12-2016, 05:18 PM
You can get married before having a job If your wife will continue remaining by her parents and you remaining by yours, until such time as you have completed your studies and have secured for yourself a reliable job which pays enough to support a family.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-12-2016, 05:18 PM
Allah's exclusive rights, hold the same importance/significance as His :swt: attributes. Right?
What do you mean?

Serinity
09-12-2016, 05:27 PM
What do you mean?
One of Allah's exclusive rights are:

To be obeyed and to legislate what's haram and halal.

To be worshipped alone.

As for Allah's attributes:

Ar-Rahman,
Ar-Raheem,

etc.

I've been going through hardship regarding Shirk and Tawheed. So one of the ways to convince myself is to say "Allah's attributes are exclusive to Him, just like His rights are. In that regard, and in the same respect, they carry the same importance - Distributing them /directing them etc. To anyone or anything besides Allah, is major shirk. This applies to all Allah's exclusive attributes and rights. I.e. to be worshipped. And to disobey Allah in that regard- i.e. to not single out Allah in worship, would be major disbelief."

In short:

I'm suffering from thoughts of kufr and shirk. WHich has frankly speaking made me suffer to some degree....... :/ I shall just trust Allah in the knowledge, and not let shaytaan make me doubt and thus suffer.

Love_Sahabah
09-12-2016, 05:34 PM
Brother that is so scary subhanallah. Try to read ayatul kursi and surah mulk.

Serinity
09-12-2016, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Love_Sahabah
Brother that is so scary subhanallah. Try to read ayatul kursi and surah mulk.
I've memorised Ayatul Kursi, long time I recited it tho. :/ as for Surat Mulk I know about 3-4 verses. Max 4. Long time ago, so I need to revise.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-12-2016, 06:34 PM
Definitely, the Attributes of Allaah Ta`aalaa are exclusive to Him. To attach the Attributes of Allaah Ta`aalaa to anyone else is Shirk.

Serinity
09-12-2016, 06:42 PM
Definitely, the Attributes of Allaah Ta`aalaa are exclusive to Him. To attach the Attributes of Allaah Ta`aalaa to anyone else is Shirk.
JazakAllah khayr. This also applies to any exclusive right of Allah (to be worshipped and to legislate, etc.)

With this, Islam truly is Monotheistic in every aspect, and it condemns shirk in every aspect of Tawheed. Brilliant!

Now all I need is to ignore the baseless doubts that come.. Back to the Quran now.

mission2succeed
09-12-2016, 09:51 PM

It went like this:

What kind of sound did you hear?
Did you see anything too?

noraina
09-12-2016, 10:08 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

I have done that several times myself, waking up everyone in the house (including my dad, which is an achievement). I have an intense fear of the dark, so when I get up for a glass of water I am literally edging myself along the landing whispering the Ayatul Kursi to myself.

One time the neighbours cat had got into our house. Being past midnight, and extremely dark, you can imagine my reaction when I see two glowing eyes staring at me from the bottom of the stairs....

talibilm
09-13-2016, 12:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Wa alaykum assalam,

I have done that several times myself, waking up everyone in the house (including my dad, which is an achievement). I have an intense fear of the dark, so when I get up for a glass of water I am literally edging myself along the landing whispering the Ayatul Kursi to myself.

One time the neighbours cat had got into our house. Being past midnight, and extremely dark, you can imagine my reaction when I see two glowing eyes staring at me from the bottom of the stairs....
:sl: Sister

Fear begets fear. What will happen if your cloth got stuck at a door lock , simultaneously ;D

So believe none can kill us except Allah , at his appointed time , none can postpone it too. So we always do good so that we return welcomed to our Ar Rahman with a smiling face, Inshallah.

Serinity
09-13-2016, 05:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mission2succeed
What kind of sound did you hear?
Did you see anything too?
I did not see anything. But I heard a sound.... Thinking about it, it was very silly of me to fear. No jinn can harm me except by permission from Allah.

It was a rattling sound. Lol.

noraina
09-13-2016, 01:41 PM

It sounds very similar to something I heard, that if you sleep with your hair wet you can become mentally ill. No idea what the mechanism behind that would be, lol.

Probably an old wives tale, I think the most that would happen is a cold.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-13-2016, 02:11 PM
Old wives' tales, yes.

Serinity
09-13-2016, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
It sounds very similar to something I heard, that if you sleep with your hair wet you can become mentally ill. No idea what the mechanism behind that would be, lol.

Probably an old wives tale, I think the most that would happen is a cold.
my mom tends to say things without proof, and then say "the imam/hoxha said so". I guess she is innocent in that.

Allahu alam.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-13-2016, 02:20 PM
Hoxha?

Serinity
09-13-2016, 02:27 PM
Hoxha?
I think it means imaam. But Idk.

noraina
09-13-2016, 02:34 PM
Hoxha is Albanian isn't it? I've heard it used as a name as well.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-13-2016, 02:42 PM
You're from Albania?

Serinity
09-13-2016, 02:47 PM
You're from Albania?
my home country. Yeah. I am Kosovo/Albanian. I am sure it comes from Turkey.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-13-2016, 02:52 PM
So you're an al-Albaani.

Serinity
09-13-2016, 02:54 PM
So you're an al-Albaani.
Lol. Al-Albaani = The Albania? An Alif, baa and nun. :D

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-13-2016, 02:55 PM
The Albanian.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.