/* */

PDA

View Full Version : U.S. NEWS: Woman Attacks 2 Muslim Women Pushing Strollers

Search
09-12-2016, 12:11 PM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

Source

Authorities say a New York City woman attacked two Muslim women who were pushing their young children in strollers and tried to rip off one woman's hijab.

Court documents say Emirjeta Xhelili approached the women near her Brooklyn home Thursday afternoon, punching one of them in the head as she screamed obscenities and told her to leave America.

Authorities say Xhelili pushed the woman's stroller toward the ground and later tried to grab the second woman's stroller away from her.

Xhelili faces charges including assault, menacing and endangering the welfare of a child. The Brooklyn District Attorney's Office has described the incident as a hate crime.

Xhelili is being held on $50,000 bond or $25,000 cash bail. Her lawyer tells the New York Daily News Xhelili has no previous arrests.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mustafa16
09-12-2016, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Search

Source

Authorities say a New York City woman attacked two Muslim women who were pushing their young children in strollers and tried to rip off one woman's hijab.

Court documents say Emirjeta Xhelili approached the women near her Brooklyn home Thursday afternoon, punching one of them in the head as she screamed obscenities and told her to leave America.

Authorities say Xhelili pushed the woman's stroller toward the ground and later tried to grab the second woman's stroller away from her.

Xhelili faces charges including assault, menacing and endangering the welfare of a child. The Brooklyn District Attorney's Office has described the incident as a hate crime.

Xhelili is being held on $50,000 bond or $25,000 cash bail. Her lawyer tells the New York Daily News Xhelili has no previous arrests.
I hope she goes to prison and gets beat every day in prison.

Serinity
09-12-2016, 01:45 PM
So this woman tried to rip off the Hijab of the children? That I call oppression.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

jabeady
09-12-2016, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
So this woman tried to rip off the Hijab of the children? That I call oppression.

And Allah :swt: knows best.
I don't. It was neither the government nor the population doing it. It was an attack by a single bigot, it was an expressly and explicitly illegal action, and I have no doubt it will be punished.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
09-12-2016, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jabeady
I don't. It was neither the government nor the population doing it. It was an attack by a single bigot, it was an expressly and explicitly illegal action, and I have no doubt it will be punished.
So:

Oppression = when the government or the population as a whole do it..

Well, whether it is 1 doing it or 1000 doing it. Oppression is oppression.

jabeady
09-12-2016, 02:26 PM
op·pres·sion
əˈpreSHən/Submit
noun
prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or control.
"a region shattered by oppression and killing"
synonyms:persecution, abuse, maltreatment, ill-treatment, tyranny, despotism, repression, suppression, subjection, subjugation;

islamirama
09-12-2016, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jabeady
Oppression can be done by one person, a group, a society and/or the gov't.

Search
09-12-2016, 08:02 PM

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
I hope she goes to prison and gets beat every day in prison.
To be honest, that's not a very nice thing to wish on anyone. And I also don't think it is any real solution.

For example, there was a covert who'd after 9/11 been physically assaulted with a trolley by a man; the man was arrested. She didn't know what to do about the situation but then she thought about Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) and reflected how he was merciful to the woman who'd thrown garbage on him for years. So, instead of pressing charges, she'd requested that he instead be required to attend a class that educated him about Muslims and Islam. Guess what? The man himself became a Muslim.

I'm not saying, btw, that what this woman in this news story did was right; of course, it wasn't and it is unacceptable and inexcusable. That said, there is a lot of negative press about Islam and Muslims in the media currently; so, instead of being angry or reactionary about any given negative situation in which we may find ourselves, we should be kind towards others who are prejudiced and show them what Islam means through our own positive character and positive actions.

Hatred, bigotry, and prejudice is overcome only with extending a hand of mercy and sowing the seeds of peace. And this, we're obligated in Islam to do; so, we shouldn't forget this lesson in times it feels hard or inconvenient for us to do so.

:wa: (And peace be upon you)

Serinity
09-12-2016, 08:22 PM
I read where The Prophet :saw: Made dua against the Mushriks whom put poured (AFAIK) dung on the Prophet :saw: audhu billah.

They deserved the bad things said about them imo.

Search
09-12-2016, 09:06 PM

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

Please remember that everything must be taken and understood in context. The Quraish tortured Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) and the Companions (may God be pleased with them) for years and Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) prayed for their guidance for years and years and years. The incident you mention was after years of heinous and evil activities and plotting against him that had been happening and realizing that they never intended to stop their evil, and so Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) asked that God take revenge for the evil with which they're repaying all his mercy and goodness and patience.

For example, Prophet Noah alayhis salaam (peace be upon him), for example, also called people to accept submission to God and abandon idolatry for some 900 years but then realizing that they'd not repent and did not intend to do anything but continue in their evil and abuse and reviling of him, he also prayed against for God to take revenge as befits the evil with which they'd been repaying his goodness and patience. That was when the ark was built to save the believers from the flood that was to cover and destroy the disbelievers.

Similarly, the miracle of the prophetic supplication to which you're referring was that the specific individuals responsible for throwing that dung, innards of animal, and blood on the shoulders of Prophet :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) while prostrating in prayer was that they indeed did die in the Battle of Badr; and even Prophet Muhammad's :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) supplication was also a mercy to these specific persons because they otherwise would have continued in their evil and been in the hereafter more punished thereafter.

So, in the context, we should understand that the first point, the middle point, and the second to last point is always about showing goodness and patience; however, the last point when people are entirely too set and intent upon doing evil to the point wherein there is absolutely no hope for them that can be perceived can a Muslim may pray to God in Islamic etiquette as the absolute last resort against someone who has crossed all bounds of decency and humanness and even that supplication should be seen as a mercy to to put paid to evil-doing and mischief.

Remember, God sent Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) as a "mercy to the worlds" (Quran 21:107); therefore, as Muslims, we should always, always, always embody that mercy in our character and actions.

And also, remember Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "The entire humanity is Allah’s family, and Allah loves him most from among this family, who benefits the family most."

Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) said,“The best from among you is the one from whom you expect the good and people are safe from his mischief. And the worst from among you is the one from whom you don’t expect any good and people are not safe from his mischief.”

Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) also said, “He who is not merciful to people Allah will not be merciful to him.”

:wa: (And peace be upon you)

format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
I read where The Prophet :saw: Made dua against the Mushriks whom put poured (AFAIK) dung on the Prophet :saw: audhu billah.

They deserved the bad things said about them imo.

kritikvernunft
09-13-2016, 02:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
I hope she goes to prison ...
She already is in prison. She needs to produce $25,000, otherwise, she will have to await her trial in prison. Normally, just attacking someone without wounding/killing them, would be a relatively minor offense, punishable by only a few months in prison or so, but she endangered a child, which makes it worse, and her act may also be considered a hate crime by the judge -- which is always very aggravating -- if the judge follows the opinion of the prosecution. All of that could balloon into long years in prison. Don't underestimate how much of a problem this woman now has. She has created a very bad situation for herself by doing what she did.

Serinity
09-13-2016, 08:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Search
And also, remember Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "The entire humanity is Allah’s family, and Allah loves him most from among this family, who benefits the family most."
Pretty sure that ain't literal, must be metaphorical, any scholar? Cuz we are all slaves of Allah, and Allah is the Master of all.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-13-2016, 12:11 PM
Not literal "family", of course.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.