/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New to study

Waahid
09-13-2016, 03:49 PM
I am new to Islam and would appreciate some pointers, common knowledge I should know etc. This would be much appreciated.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
09-13-2016, 04:53 PM
I would start with the stories of the prophets. They all have lessons in them... learn to pray of course!

A few short surahs (and understand them) ..

That should do to start...:D

Slowly, slowly..

:peace:

noraina
09-13-2016, 05:22 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

Firstly, welcome to Islam, you are now part of the beautiful community of Muslims, alhamdulillah.

Gaining knowledge is so important and a life-long effort, and I know from personal experience it can be quite bewildering on where to start.

I'd say learn about Tawhid, the oneness of Allah swt, and read the biography of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

Then you could start with the six articles of faith, and learn about your primary duties detailed in the five pillars of Islam (atm I think salah would be important).

This is a wonderful website which has the core beliefs of Islam described and explained really well: http://www.islamreligion.com/

IslamicBoard isn't too bad either, lol, if you have any questions just ask inshaAllah.

Little_Lion
09-13-2016, 05:34 PM
http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com has excellent, free courses for the new Muslim. I recommend taking the courses "The First Day" and "The First Week" before delving into anything more complicated.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
09-13-2016, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Waahid
I am new to Islam and would appreciate some pointers, common knowledge I should know etc. This would be much appreciated.
Under religion it says "Atheism", typo?

aaj
09-13-2016, 05:51 PM
As'salaamu aliakum (peace be upon you)

welcome brother. Changing your religion to Islam from Atheism under your profile would be a good start :)

Joking aside, inshallah (God willing) you should focus on the basics and fundamentals of Islam. When Muslims tell you about Islam and it doesn't sound right, ask them for proof from the Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet. Many Muslims will tell you what they think is Islam, it isn't always right.

Get Minhaj Al Muslim book if you can, it's good on building foundational knowledge. You can also check this one out:

https://www.kau.edu.sa/Files/320/Res...7307_18780.pdf

Lastly, stick to your community so you don't feel lonely or left out and ask us on here anything you like to.

eesa the kiwi
09-15-2016, 05:03 AM
Learning how to pray needs to be a priority

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.