/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Having a beard... has it gone full circle?

Snow
09-13-2016, 08:17 PM
It was originally used to do the opposite of the non-believers.
Now the non-believers are looking like the believers.
Does it apply anymore?

it does not differentiate anymore.
It is just trendy.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aaj
09-13-2016, 08:37 PM
Are they also growing their beards and TRIMMING the mustache?

Snow
09-13-2016, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
Are they also growing their beards and TRIMMING the mustache?
Absolutely.
it is perhaps not the norm, but not too uncommon.

M.I.A.
09-13-2016, 08:52 PM
return of the manly men..

they will grow into them.

I have considered removing mine, but it is similar to clothes..

if your comfortable in it then it takes a lot of effort to convince you otherwise..

keep smart and presentable and clean.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-13-2016, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
I have considered removing mine
Why would you want to do that?

Real men grow beards.

All of the Ambiyaa had beards. Christians shave their beards, yet in their very own depictions of Jesus, he always has a beard. Straight, shoulder-length hair and a beard is synonymous with "Jesus" in the minds of people.

M.I.A.
09-13-2016, 09:30 PM
..right..

Maybe they hadn't noticed.

...well I guess it's the same reason i wear a baseball cap rather than a mosque topee..

not fit to represent yet.

I am kidding in part.. the last thing I hope to be is a misguidance.

...although I don't play baseball so I dunno.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-13-2016, 09:39 PM

aaj
09-14-2016, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snow
Absolutely.
it is perhaps not the norm, but not too uncommon.
The original purpose was to be different from the mushrik of the time. If those who do it like the Muslims are in the minority then I would say keep doing it. Muslim beards are also distinctive when aren't trying to blend in, so they should still stand out.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-14-2016, 05:10 PM
Even if all the Kuffaar on earth start growing the beard, it will not repeal the command or Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم for men to grow their beards.

noraina
09-14-2016, 06:07 PM
Whatever anyone may or may not do, or no matter how 'trendy' or 'old-fashioned' something may be, it has no effect on what we have been commanded or recommended to do as Muslims. Our practise of Islam should be more or less independent of anything.

I've noticed that though. A lot of young men are growing out their beards, but it's not a bad thing. I've seen worse trends, lol. InshaAllah might make it easier for our brothers, they may not stand out so much.

For example, this summer maxi dresses and long skirts, and loose-fitting clothing in general, were very on trend. Some of the styles were actually pretty modest (basically just needed a scarf on the head to fit the requirements), obviously a hijabi is still pretty obvious but it was nice all the same :D.

crimsontide06
09-14-2016, 06:14 PM
I have wondered about this....

I basically look like any white redneck with a beard lol

Love_Sahabah
09-14-2016, 07:14 PM
Subhanallah, beard makes us manly. Alhamdulilah

Little_Lion
09-14-2016, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
I have wondered about this....

I basically look like any white redneck with a beard lol
You might want to look into this group!

http://www.islamicrednecks.com/

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-14-2016, 09:42 PM
It comes in a narration that there is a special group of Malaa'ikah that only make the following Tasbeeh:

سبحان من زين الرجال باللحى وزين النساء بالذوائب

"Glory be to (Allaah) the One Who beautified men with beards and (beautified) women with tresses (i.e. long hair)." [Narrated by Imaam al-Haakim.]

So, the manliest is for a man to have a beard, and the most ladylike is for a woman to have longer hair (than men. A woman cutting her hair as short as a man's is being masculine. Women look more beautiful with longer hair.)

Born_Believer
09-14-2016, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snow
It was originally used to do the opposite of the non-believers.
Now the non-believers are looking like the believers.
Does it apply anymore?

it does not differentiate anymore.
It is just trendy.
The idea of having a beard is not just so we can differentiate between Muslim and non Muslim. The bottom line is that it is a sunnah, if some non-Muslims are starting to follow it, why not? Btw, non-Muslims don't really trim the mustache, the vast majority anyway.

SO, all in all, keep the beard it's a sunnah, as is eating with your hands. Many non muslims also do it, so should we stop eating with our hands or with our right hands?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-14-2016, 10:07 PM
A great part of following the Sunnah is about love. When that love is absent, the person cannot understand why it's done.

عَنْ أَنَسٍ، قَالَ دَعَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم رَجُلٌ فَانْطَلَقْتُ مَعَهُ فَجِيءَ بِمَرَقَةٍ فِيهَا دُبَّاءٌ فَجَعَلَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَأْكُلُ مِنْ ذَلِكَ الدُّبَّاءِ وَيُعْجِبُهُ - قَالَ - فَلَمَّا رَأَيْتُ ذَلِكَ جَعَلْتُ أُلْقِيهِ إِلَيْهِ وَلاَ أَطْعَمُهُ ‏.‏ قَالَ فَقَالَ أَنَسٌ فَمَا زِلْتُ بَعْدُ يُعْجِبُنِي الدُّبَّاءُ

Hadhrat Anas ibn Maalik رضي الله عنه narrates, "Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم was invited by a man (to a meal by his house,) and I went with him. The man served a dish wherein there was pumpkin. Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم began eating the pumpkin, and he liked it a lot, so when I saw that, I placed all of it in front of him and did not eat (from the pumpkin)." Hadhrat Anas ibn Maalik رضي الله عنه said, "I've always loved pumpkin since that day." [Narrated in Saheeh Muslim.]

حَدَّثَنَا مُعَاوِيَةُ بْنُ قُرَّةَ، حَدَّثَنِي أَبِي، قَالَ: «أَتَيْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ فِي رَهْطٍ مِنْ مُزَيْنَةَ، فَبَايَعْنَاهُ، وَإِنَّ قَمِيصَهُ لَمُطْلَقُ الْأَزْرَارِ»، قَالَ: «فَبَايَعْتُهُ ثُمَّ أَدْخَلْتُ يَدَيَّ فِي جَيْبِ قَمِيصِهِ، فَمَسِسْتُ الْخَاتَمَ» قَالَ عُرْوَةُ: «فَمَا رَأَيْتُ مُعَاوِيَةَ وَلَا ابْنَهُ قَطُّ، إِلَّا مُطْلِقَيْ أَزْرَارِهِمَا فِي شِتَاءٍ وَلَا حَرٍّ، وَلَا يُزَرِّرَانِ أَزْرَارَهُمَا أَبَدًا

Mu`aawiyah ibn Qurrah narrates from his father, who said, "My father narrated to me: I went to Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم along with a group from Muzaynah, and we gave Bay`ah to him. The buttons of his Qamees (Kurtah) were open, so I put my hand inside and felt the Khaatam (Seal of Nubuwwah, upon the back of Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم)."

`Urwah (the narrator of this Hadeeth) said, "I never saw Mu`aawiyah or his son after that ever except that the buttons of their Qamees (Kurtah) would be open." [Narrated in Sunan Abi Daawud.]

(Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم used to leave the buttons of his Qamees/Kurtah open, so they did the same.)

This is not something which can be understood except by people whose hearts are filled with the love of Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم. They love everything about him. They love him so much that they even love the things he loves and dislike the things he dislikes.

Love_Sahabah
09-15-2016, 04:36 AM
Those who can grow full beard should be lucky. Some men dont have that.

Kiro
09-15-2016, 07:48 AM
Will the age of Vikings return!?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-15-2016, 12:57 PM
No. The age of Vikings and Gauls won't come back.

Kiro
09-15-2016, 01:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
No. The age of Vikings and Gauls won't come back.
What's a Gaul bro

jabeady
09-15-2016, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
All of the Ambiyaa had beards. Christians shave their beards, yet in their very own depictions of Jesus, he always has a beard. Straight, shoulder-length hair and a beard is synonymous with "Jesus" in the minds of people.
So are blond hair and blue eyes.

M.I.A.
09-15-2016, 05:50 PM
I remember when my daughter was born a little prematurely..

she had grey eyes.

..I wanted her to have grey eyes.

but as she grew they became the colour they are.

...and I realised how wrong I was.

Allah swt have mercy upon us.

subhanAllah.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-15-2016, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
What's a Gaul bro
Gauls = Asterix and Obelix.

Born_Believer
09-18-2016, 10:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
I remember when my daughter was born a little prematurely..

she had grey eyes.

..I wanted her to have grey eyes.

but as she grew they became the colour they are.

...and I realised how wrong I was.

Allah swt have mercy upon us.

subhanAllah.
A little known medical fact is that many children, when first born, have pale eyes. They then develop into what will be their natural colour for life.

noraina
09-18-2016, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Born_Believer
A little known medical fact is that many children, when first born, have pale eyes. They then develop into what will be their natural colour for life.
Didn't know anything about it medically, but I noticed that.

When my cousin was born a couple of years ago, her eyes were the lightest green-grey, now they are their natural hazel colour.

Born_Believer
09-22-2016, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Didn't know anything about it medically, but I noticed that.

When my cousin was born a couple of years ago, her eyes were the lightest green-grey, now they are their natural hazel colour.
Yeah, I only found out after being on a maternity ward a while ago. I also noticed newborns normally have much lighter skin than their natural colour lol

Muezzin
09-22-2016, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
What's a Gaul bro
In Bronze Age football, you score gauls.

Actually, I just made that up.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.