/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm a new Muslim. looking to talk to Muslims. jn 8:18 (2 not 1) (1 God) I'm from USA

muslim153
09-13-2016, 08:56 PM
Hi I'm in America. I want to go to a mosque but don't have a car anymore. Can any Muslims tell me about your worships? I know they're on Fridays, I'd like to know what they preach about.
Ty
Salaam
(Allah gave math and science-no other book has these but the Quran, God's word).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Malik
09-13-2016, 09:33 PM
Do you mean what should we do on Friday as a Muslims ??

muslim153
09-13-2016, 10:50 PM
Well I'd also like to know that. I was trying to go to a mosque Friday and they could tell me. But i want to know what the sermons are usually about-the themes or a favorite sermon of yours etc

greenhill
09-13-2016, 11:50 PM
During the times before media, the Friday sermons would be a way to communicate with the community on the relevant issues of the day and worship.

Now with the news media and available books etc, the role is not as important (I am guessing)...

Tje topics are not fixed for the Friday sermons..

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
talibilm
09-14-2016, 12:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim153
Hi I'm in America. I want to go to a mosque but don't have a car anymore. Can any Muslims tell me about your worships? I know they're on Fridays, I'd like to know what they preach about.
Ty
Salaam
(Allah gave math and science-no other book has these but the Quran, God's word).
:sl: Sister,

While its compulsory for men to pray at the Mosque- Masjid but its not compulsory for women though 5 times daily prayers are compulsory or Fardh even who are very sick & for travellers. But jumma or friday prayers are not compulsory for women the very sick and travellers. But you can go if its all comfortable for you but its also good if you go there you may meet others who had entered Islam and some good Muslim born friends. But might be you may come across some ignorant among Born muslims and may be that's not pleasing to you as some reverts had complained above them. So wishing the best.

hope you already know about Islam but this thread has info in post #6

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...d-informations

muslim153
09-14-2016, 02:09 AM
Thank you. Ok that was nice of Allah to make allowances (I'm being serious). I hope to go meet Muslims when i can. I'm white, born in the USA. God showed me He exists, and He's far above Jesus (far above anyone). God showed me in the Bible that He exists, and Jesus existed, but they are 2 separate entities. In America every church i went to worshipped Jesus. But i realized through the Bible and Quran that we should only worship God, never Jesus. I read what Muslims wrote, but I've never gotten to talk to a Muslim in person (not since i converted to Islam). Ty. No Americans i know get it.

muslim153
09-14-2016, 02:13 AM
Ty. If anyone can recommend a good website to watch a sermon that'd be good.

muslim153
09-14-2016, 02:14 AM
What does Allah say about feeling bad (not real depression, but feeling ill physically?...

muslim153
09-14-2016, 02:26 AM
So Just read straight away Please,'' Ash hadhu anlaa ilaaha il Allah , I bear witness There's NONE worthy to be worshipped Except Allah (the Only One) and Ash hadhu anna Muhammad wa abdhuhu wa Rasooluhu , and I bear witness Muhammad (may peace be upon him) is his Slave and Messenger of Allah ''

For Christians its better to add Isaa Or Jesus(peace be upon him) is Allah's slave and his messenger of Allah.

I just read it aloud. Before i said "there is no God but Allah" and i said the rest (but just found out to add the part about Jesus). I didn't know to say the parts about slave before either. I didn't know to say "there's none worthy to be worshipped." So today is my official day of (what do you call it?) Lol. Don't wanna sound baptist etc lol

muslim153
09-14-2016, 02:26 AM
I just found that specific prayer.

eesa the kiwi
09-14-2016, 02:36 AM
I just found that specific prayer.

welcome to islam, may Allah bless you in it

muslim153
09-14-2016, 02:38 AM
I thought i had found the right prayer before "There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is His messenger." I had prayed that before today. I'm over half way through reading the Quran once. I've read the Bible many times.

muslim153
09-14-2016, 02:40 AM
Essa thank you. I thought i prayed correctly before. Again I've never gotten to talk to a Muslim to ask, so i read from websites.

muslim153
09-14-2016, 02:49 AM
A Muslim man preached to me a couple years ago. He simply mentioned there was math and science in the Quran. That stayed in my mind. My pastor told me if i read the Quran I'd go to hell basically. I kept asking the pastor about the Quran (a few times). Not long after the Muslim told me about math and science i researched the Quran and started reading it (at that point i had already realized the pastors were clueless and lying even if they didn't know they were lying). They told me "worship Jesus or you'll go to hell." I kept reading what Jesus/the Bible and the Quran said and i realized no, rather it's dangerous to worship creation to say the least (and i realized Jesus was a creation of God, who had a beginning-but Allah has no beginning). I researched etc.

muslim153
09-14-2016, 02:52 AM
Funnily i was trying to preach to the Muslim at that time lol, that's how we talked (i didn't know him). I was accidentally preaching wrong things to him, but I'm sure God saw my care/heart and through that i was able to hear truth about the Quran.

muslim153
09-14-2016, 02:56 AM
*it was winter 2014 when he preached to me. God give him whatever he needs, please! I pray.

Search
09-14-2016, 03:00 AM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

Ty. If anyone can recommend a good website to watch a sermon that'd be good.
Go to seekershub.org; they have some nice sermons.

:wa: (And peace be upon you)

Search
09-14-2016, 03:04 AM

What does Allah say about feeling bad (not real depression, but feeling ill physically?...
Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that."

Hi, hun! Welcome to IB! :) I'm from the U.S.A. as well. (Hugs.) Welcome to your family of Islam!

muslim153
09-14-2016, 03:10 AM
Ty yaay. So did i just pray the correct prayer today?

muslim153
09-14-2016, 03:12 AM
Ok so is there a baptism to become a Muslim?

Search
09-14-2016, 03:12 AM

Ty yaay. So did i just pray the correct prayer today?
I think so, hun; it looks to me like you said the shahada, testimony of faith, correctly. Yay! :)

muslim153
09-14-2016, 03:13 AM
I read about the bath but is that a weekly thing-or do you need to do this at least once in Islam?

muslim153
09-14-2016, 03:15 AM
::) :) I'm smiling. I think i feel better

Search
09-14-2016, 03:17 AM

Ok so is there a baptism to become a Muslim?
Well, if you believe that God is One and Muhammad is the final prophet and messenger of God, and Jesus is also one of the prophets and messengers of God, then you're already a Muslim. And it looks like you said the shahada, testimony, correctly.

Well, there is no requirement of baptism per se; however, new Muslims are encouraged to take a bath thereafter and then ask God for guidance and to pray for all Muslims and to also ask God for strength and happiness and peace and anything else your beautiful heart desires, sis. :)

muslim153
09-14-2016, 03:25 AM
If i could read the whole Quran in one day maybe i wouldn't need to ask.

muslim153
09-14-2016, 03:27 AM
Oh ok. Then I've been Muslim since at least July this year.

muslim153
09-14-2016, 03:30 AM
Or i correctly understood by August this year at least.

Search
09-14-2016, 03:35 AM

My beautiful sis, take your time in reading the Quran; the Quran is a living book in that whatever you read upon, you can and should ideally take your time to reflect and see how you can apply to your life in the best way. There is no need for you to finish the Quran in one day or a week or a month or a year; it will be finished when you're ready and have time to do as you move forward on this journey to God.

Be patient; it doesn't matter if you have questions; InshaAllah (God-willing) we'll be happy to support and encourage you through this journey.

We're all sisters on this journey of learning together, sis! So, no worries! Be happy and smile. :)

If i could read the whole Quran in one day maybe i wouldn't need to ask.

muslim153
09-14-2016, 03:37 AM
What do they base the hadiths being true on? Bc the Quran has the #19 to bind it together, plus math plus science etc. I don't understand how people can trust the hadiths like they do the Quran. (I felt that prayer is harmless and also is good etc). But how do u have faith in the hadiths??

muslim153
09-14-2016, 03:39 AM
Ha. Thx. I have researched and researched the key verses (so the main verses I've seen).

muslim153
09-14-2016, 03:44 AM
I read Gabriel is the Holy Spirit in Islam. Are Muslims divided over this?

muslim153
09-14-2016, 03:57 AM
I mean that prayer i prayed was obviously good, so i prayed it. That's what i meant

Search
09-14-2016, 04:02 AM

The hadiths are prophetic traditions or sayings of Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him). The Quran in itself can be said to be a big hadith because all of the Quran was memorized as Revelation by the Companions (may God be pleased with them) and they also memorized what Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) said and did so that future generations like us from human beings could know how to live out the Quran in the best way.

For example, what if I told you to make chocolate cake the essential ingredient is cocoa powder. You'd know that chocolate cake contains cocoa powder and maybe can guess what other other ingredients we might need as well. But you wouldn't ever be sure. However, if I invited you to observe me making chocolate cake and invited you to do the same as I'm saying to you, you'd better be able to follow along as I gave you specific instructions and showed you how, talking to you about how to preheat the oven, use eggs, 2 cups sugar, and so on and so forth. In that way, you'd have learned easily how to make a chocolate cake.

In the same way, for example, Quran says, "Then And then being among those who believed and advised one another to patience and advised one another to compassion. They are those on the Right Hand (i.e. the dwellers of Paradise)."

However, the question becomes how do we show, for example, that compassion that Quran asks us?

That we will know from Prophet Muhammad :saws: when he gives us advice about what God wants in terms of specific intentions and actions.

We know from hadiths that Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) said the following:

"No one believes truly until he desires for his brother that which he desires for himself."

"Whoever wishes to be delivered from the fire and to enter paradise should treat other people as they wish to be treated themselves."

"O Muslim women, disdain not doing a kindness to a neighbor, even if it were sending her a lamb’s leg."

So, now you learn three things about how to show compassion, and they're all from hadiths; the three things that you have learned about compassion are that in your heart you must want the best for other people, that must treat other people as they wish to be treated, and that you should share whatever little you have with your neighbors.

Now, as to why we trust the hadiths, the reason is because Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) is the source of hadiths and the hadiths have been transmitted by some specific Companions (may God be pleased with them) whom Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) trusted. And because the Quran (3:31) says, "Say, [O Muhammad], "If you should love Allah , then follow me, [so] Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful." So, we know that Allah is telling us in the Quran that we should follow hadiths because that is where we'll know how to exactly follow and emulate Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) because that is where he advised us. And as you said yourself, you trust the Quran.

:)

What do they base the hadiths being true on? Bc the Quran has the #19 to bind it together, plus math plus science etc. I don't understand how people can trust the hadiths like they do the Quran. (I felt that prayer is harmless and also is good etc). But how do u have faith in the hadiths??

eesa the kiwi
09-14-2016, 04:18 AM

im sorry you had an encounter with a hadith rejector so early into your journey as a new muslim, dont fall into this trap
to practise islam you need quran AND the sunnah of rasululah sallaho alayhi wa sallam
the quran tells us to pray, the hadiths explain how to do so, at what times what supplications to make, what postures to perform
we are instructed in the quran to perform the pilgramage, in the hadiths we find the details of how to do so
so many things are commanded generally in the quran yet are explained in detail in the hadith, without the sunnah you can not practise islam it is that simple
Allah instructs us in the quran (translation of meaning) And what Allah restored to His Messenger from the people of the towns - it is for Allah and for the Messenger and for [his] near relatives and orphans and the [stranded] traveler - so that it will not be a perpetual distribution among the rich from among you. And whatever the Messenger has given you - take; and what he has forbidden you - refrain from. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is severe in penalty. 59:7

Islamic scholars have devoted their live compiling the narrations of rasululah sallaho alayhi wa sallam and verifying them, thousands of narrators have been scrutinised to see who was reliable, who had a weak memory, who was a liar and who was trustworthy. if a hadith is considered sahih then it is 100% without a shadow of a doubt

Many scholars hold A hadith rejector is a kafir (disbeliever), pretending to be a muslim, im sorry you had to encounter them so early on in your journey but such is the world we live in. To practise islam you can not do so without following hadith, otherwise you just dont have islam anymore
Allah has protected this religion by preserving not only the quran but also the narrations of rasululah sallaho alayhi wa sallam as both are needed to practise this religion as it was practised by the messenger sallaho alayhi wa sallam and his companions may Allah be pleased with them all. There is a narration describing how this ummah will split into sects and how to recognise which group is upon the straight path

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) described them in the following terms: “My ummah will split into seventy-three sects, all of whom will be in Hell except one group.” They said: Who are they, O Messenger of Allaah? He said: “(Those who follow) that which I and my companions follow.” This is mentioned in the hadeeth of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr which was recorded and classed as hasan by al-Tirmidhi (2641). It was also classed as hasan by al-‘Iraaqi in Ahkaam al-Qur’aan (3/432), al-‘Iraaqi inTakhreej al-Ihya’ (3/284) and al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.
Alhamdulilah preserved the narrations of rasululah sallaho alayhi wa sallam and his companions so when difference arise between us we can refer back to the sources and see how islam was originally practised

I pray that Allah protects you from devients who try to mislead you and that Allah holds you steadfast on the straight path

muslim153
09-14-2016, 04:49 AM
Ty eesa. Your quote "worship the creator not the creation" I've been softly screaming that since i realized. Could i compare it to Jesus' time (or correct me if need be-it's more a question). Like John and Matthew were disciples of Jesus-so their gospels Allah confirmed in the Quran saying we could trust the words of Jesus (and John Matthew etc wrote them down). So one on hand Jesus confirmed they were his disciples (the good guys quote unquote). On the other hand i thought God said we could go by the words of Jesus (which Matthew mark Luke and John wrote). So Muhammed was also a prophet, peace be on him. So he probably said who his companions were, right? So they were notable well known people (like Jesus' disciples). So if we could confirm Muhammad approved of them, we could know their writing is from God. (It's not like they were adding new. they were telling what they saw and heard, right? As did Jesus' disciples-that wrote down what they heard (well i think Luke interviewed, but anyways). So... Right track?

muslim153
09-14-2016, 04:58 AM
It'd be the same thing as Jesus' 11 disciples wouldn't have lied about their experience. Right? I mean the words of Jesus remained intact. Muhammad's disciples peace be upon him-they wouldn't have lied either. (God chose good people). Muhammad peace be upon him told what Allah gave to him. Right basis?

muslim153
09-14-2016, 05:31 AM
I am young in my twenties still. I hoped for God when i was 21, but was told for years "God is Jesus and if you don't worship Jesus you won't go to heaven." At age 25 God showed me "God is not Jesus-Jesus was a servant, messenger of God, not God." When i was a teen-ager i prayed, even before i was a teen-ager i prayed. I always had read the Bible almost every day, since i was 15. I just feel physically bad and i don't know why. I'm not depressed but... Idk why i feel bad physically?? I've felt bad for years, my whole life probably (most of it). I'm upset that i still feel bad. It's been better lately but still bad. I'm trying to wake up early enough to do the prayers. Maybe now that i prayed correctly i can wake up early enough. I've had problems with sleep a lot etc.

eesa the kiwi
09-14-2016, 05:34 AM
It'd be the same thing as Jesus' 11 disciples wouldn't have lied about their experience. Right? I mean the words of Jesus remained intact. Muhammad's disciples peace be upon him-they wouldn't have lied either. (God chose good people). Muhammad peace be upon him told what Allah gave to him. Right basis?
slight problem with your analogy
with christianity the words of jesus peace be upon him were not preserved, yes he was a noble prophet of Allah but subsequent generations altered and changed his message untill his teachings were no longer recognizable. Christian do not have the teachings of jesus in there original form. subhannallah they dont even have a copy of a copy of a copy times twenty of the gospel that was revealed to jesus pbuh. All they have is conjecture and myth. i used to be a christian and have studied christianity extensively so these arent merely empty words.

in islam Allah however did something he did not do for the christians. He preserved the message. The quran is the same word for word, letter for letter as it was revealed as im sure you have discovered. The hadith however were preserved a little differently. Allah subhanahu wa ta ala raised in the muslim ummah scholars who devoted there lives to the science of verification of hadith. An example would be imam bukhari who compiled the most authentic book after the quran. The scholars went through the chains of all the various hadith and analysed the men and women who were part of the chain of narrators
We have such a thing called an isnad or chain of narrators
so one would sort of look like this: so and so narrated from so and so who narrated from so and so that he heard the messenger of Allah sallaho alayhi wa sallam say .................
every link in the chain of narrators has been scrutinised taking into account various things such as memory but also interestingly a persons character
if a person was know to be someone who for example drunk alcohol, his narrations would be deemed unreliable. Imam bukhairi rejected a man for tricking his camel into thinking he had food (which shows how serious they were about preserving authenticity)

if you were to apply the standards of hadith verification to the media today, everything would be considered fabricated as the newsreaders are open sinners and liars with an agenda

Hadiths are categorised into three main categorys, authentic (100 percent true from the messenger without a doubt), weak (has a weakness in the chain, ie strength of a narrators memory so this hadith is not relied upon. And fabricated (completely disregarded)

christianity had no such science thus the true teachings of jesus pbuh (which was islamic monotheism) were lost
because Muhammed sallaho alayhi wa sallam is the final messenger to mankind (no prophets will come after him) Allah subhanu wa ta ala preserved his message Alhamdulilah other wise we would be lost

i know this is probably a little confusing to you, when i was new to islam i felt the same. but slowly piece by piece you will pick up pieces of knowledge and find your feet
have a look at www.islamreligion.com they have a live chat q&a to help new converts so take advantage of that
you're doing well so keep it up, keep asking questions im sure the friendly people at islamic board will be more than happy to help inshaallah

muslim153
09-14-2016, 05:54 AM
Ok. ... Well things like "Jesus pbuh never claimed to be God" "Jesus pbuh only said he was the Messiah-Jesus pbuh said over and over "God and i are not the same person" like when he said "I'm ascending to my God and your God" etc. These concepts stayed intact. I guess i meant that. But sure, obviously everything was kept perfectly intact in the Quran, not a letter off, bc the #19 shows that in it.

eesa the kiwi
09-14-2016, 05:58 AM
Ok. ... Well things like "Jesus pbuh never claimed to be God" "Jesus pbuh only said he was the Messiah-Jesus pbuh said over and over "God and i are not the same person" like when he said "I'm ascending to my God and your God" etc. These concepts stayed intact. I guess i meant that. But sure, obviously everything was kept perfectly intact in the Quran, not a letter off, bc the #19 shows that in it.
i see what you mean, Yes there are traces of truth in the bible but they seem to indicate the seeker of truth to search out islam if anything as the church has failed to practise the teachings of monotheism jesus pbuh himself preached

DriftingCloudz
09-14-2016, 06:03 AM
Salaam sister. May Allah help you on your search for the truth. Ameen
I usually watch Nouman Ali Khan on YouTube . He's a student of the Quran and his talks are very inspirational on various subjects explaining entire Surahs of the Quran. But ideally if you could find a majid to attend would be so much better. May Allah make this journey for you and us all an easy one. Ameen

talibilm
09-14-2016, 06:22 AM
So Just read straight away Please,'' Ash hadhu anlaa ilaaha il Allah , I bear witness There's NONE worthy to be worshipped Except Allah (the Only One) and Ash hadhu anna Muhammad wa abdhuhu wa Rasooluhu , and I bear witness Muhammad (may peace be upon him) is his Slave and Messenger of Allah ''

For Christians its better to add Isaa Or Jesus(peace be upon him) is Allah's slave and his messenger of Allah.

I just read it aloud. Before i said "there is no God but Allah" and i said the rest (but just found out to add the part about Jesus). I didn't know to say the parts about slave before either. I didn't know to say "there's none worthy to be worshipped." So today is my official day of (what do you call it?) Lol. Don't wanna sound baptist etc lol
its call 'shahadha'' or giving 'witness' Testimony, Testify

'Allahuakbar '. Allah (the Creator of all that exists )is THE MOST GREATEST .

Sister,Sorry to note your post abit late. You could tick '' reply with quote '' so that we know some one has answered our quote and we are able to attend them faster

talibilm
09-14-2016, 06:27 AM
Ty
Salaam
Sister, this video is worth watching when one expects signs from Allah. It happened to me a near similar experience too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xhZ00xnHIA

talibilm
09-14-2016, 06:34 AM
I read Gabriel is the Holy Spirit in Islam. Are Muslims divided over this?
No. Not all all. He is the holy spirit whom Allah calls his the Pure spirit who is entrusted with might work of revelations from Allah to his Prophets.

talibilm
09-14-2016, 06:41 AM
I read about the bath but is that a weekly thing-or do you need to do this at least once in Islam?
The Bath or Ghusl is done ( compulsory) when one enters Islam since without it its discouraged to enter Mosque or touch the Noble Quran for Muslims.

other compulsory baths are
1) Bath after impurity like menses, wet dreams, after giving birth (about 40 days i am not sure)
2) Baths on friday and Eid days
3) after bath , Ablution is a Must before every prayer but ablution does not break or ends without passing of impurities (all three) and sleeping .

talibilm
09-14-2016, 06:45 AM
what is inferred from our books both the Noble quran and hadiths is that something we ask Allah but Allah does not give is only for our good. Like some one wants to be very rich or very beautiful so & so , might be if we get them we may have some bigger problems that would put us in sorrow than happiness. so Allah knows what to give and whom to give when to give so we should not feel jealous of anybody else which is haram and a big sin too

talibilm
09-14-2016, 06:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DriftingCloudz
Salaam sister. May Allah help you on your search for the truth. Ameen
I usually watch Nouman Ali Khan on YouTube . He's a student of the Quran and his talks are very inspirational on various subjects explaining entire Surahs of the Quran. But ideally if you could find a majid to attend would be so much better. May Allah make this journey for you and us all an easy one. Ameen
Yes, this is a right suggestion bro NAK knows arabic well with grammar since he lived in Saudi for a decades or more as a lad and his reasoning is mashallah is worth listening.

talibilm
09-14-2016, 07:30 AM
Ty eesa. Your quote "worship the creator not the creation" I've been softly screaming that since i realized. Could i compare it to Jesus' time (or correct me if need be-it's more a question). Like John and Matthew were disciples of Jesus-so their gospels Allah confirmed in the Quran saying we could trust the words of Jesus (and John Matthew etc wrote them down). So one on hand Jesus confirmed they were his disciples (the good guys quote unquote). On the other hand i thought God said we could go by the words of Jesus (which Matthew mark Luke and John wrote). So Muhammed was also a prophet, peace be on him. So he probably said who his companions were, right? So they were notable well known people (like Jesus' disciples). So if we could confirm Muhammad approved of them, we could know their writing is from God. (It's not like they were adding new. they were telling what they saw and heard, right? As did Jesus' disciples-that wrote down what they heard (well i think Luke interviewed, but anyways). So... Right track?
Allah sends his message (scripture ) and The Messenger or Prophet's when the earlier message gets corrupted or the followers go astray. similar was the coming of David, Jesus etc when the jews started worshipping Ezra as the son of God and also forgot , misquoted their scriptures also hiding and replacing them with their own written verses.

similarly the problem of Gospels of Mark ,Mark etc its not sure who wrote them after 100 years (atleast) is the Testimony by the ONCE most trusted hard core Evangelist and Bible Scholar Prof Bart Erhman , and also each Gospel contradicts each other even in important events is the proof. and translations of NT into the polytheists Greek worsened it.

kindly watch video here Who wrote Matthew ? Who wrote Luke ?

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...wrote+luke+%3F

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOour8clXrM

But Our Hadiths from companions of Prophet :saws: though were compiled (not written, ) later about 100 years but were the eye witnesses that Prove their chain of narrators untill direct to Prophet . the stringent rules that apply here to grade a hadith as Sahih is such that even the bible will utterly fail to even come even near Hadiths. Imaam Bukhari rejected about 97% of his won collections that totaled about 600,000 into just about 7000 plus .

muslim153
09-14-2016, 06:03 PM
Ok. I'll look at the videos-i guess i just want to know "what did Jesus pbuh say then?"

muslim153
09-14-2016, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm
No. Not all all. He is the holy spirit whom Allah calls his the Pure spirit who is entrusted with might work of revelations from Allah to his Prophets.
Ok good. I believed Gabriel was the Holy Spirit as soon as i read it. Then i researched it extensively and definitely believed it. But "Christians" don't know this. It's sad. Very.

Little_Lion
09-14-2016, 06:53 PM
There are two great courses at the following site, called "The First Day" and "The First Week" that are for new Muslims, and they are free. If you have any questions as you go through them insha'Allah, I'd be happy to help you.

http://islamiconlineuniversity.com/

muslim153
09-14-2016, 06:58 PM
Yeah the Jews tended to turn into polytheists a lot thousands of years ago, worshipping Asherah etc etc. None should be worshipped but Allah, ONLY He had no beginning. Every other being period has a beginning and was created, including Jesus pbuh. I've heard pastors say "Jesus is coeternal with God." There's no Bible verse even saying that (there's plenty that say the opposite). That's blasphemous to say God and Jesus both always existed. The Quran says the opposite many times, even the Bible dismisses the thought. They make people be polytheists when they teach like that.

muslim153
09-14-2016, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion
There are two great courses at the following site, called "The First Day" and "The First Week" that are for new Muslims, and they are free. If you have any questions as you go through them insha'Allah, I'd be happy to help you.

http://islamiconlineuniversity.com/
Ty. I am trying to finish reading the Quran first. I'm half way through. After that I'll look at this stuff. Thank you all (everyone who tried to help me here).

muslim153
09-14-2016, 07:26 PM
Sister, this video is worth watching when one expects signs from Allah. It happened to me a near similar experience too.

I did ask for a sign in August 2014. That's how God showed me there was a God high high above Jesus pbuh (not Jesus pbuh). Then when i looked for it in the Bible i saw God was not Jesus pbuh. That led me to the Quran, but i had been told if i looked at the Quran i would lose salvation and go to hell basically. Those pastors blasphemed without knowing they did it. I was told basically horrible things about the God who gave the Quran-but Allah has been so good to me (I've prayed to Him every night since i saw He existed). Since i left the false church worshipping Jesus pbuh i felt better and better. When i feel not good now it's at night when i can't fall asleep. I think once i can wake up to pray before sunrise I'll feel much better. I've decided to stop eating pork (though i don't condemn those who still eat it, but eating too much of it would probably take years off of a human's life bc of the health effects). Anyways, since i believed in Allah i felt so loved, more than i ever dreamed of feeling in Christian churches (but they don't believe Christ, if they did they'd believe His God). They say "ask Jesus to come into your heart and he'll save you." #1 only God can save anyone. #2 they're praying to Jesus pbuh without believing in God! #3 that's like angel worship, except it's human worship (which is either worse or just as bad). I just realized today why not to eat pork (because i personally need to live as long as possible to serve God). Since i just realized that, and committed to it, i feel tons better!!

muslim153
09-14-2016, 07:37 PM
Basically early August 2014 i hoped there was a God (above Jesus pbuh). Then later in August 2014 i started asking for a sign. God answered (plus gave another sign i didn't think to ask for). Then when i looked at what Jesus pbuh said in the gospels, i realized to look for God. It took a while to understand the Christian pastors were just lying or accidentally lying. But I've stayed away from churches worshipping Jesus for months now, and i understood why to do the prayer times, so I've been doing that/trying to. For me understanding why-why don't eat pork, why pray that early-this helped me commit to these things (prayer, dietary, etc).

muslim153
09-14-2016, 07:58 PM
I want to change my religion ON THE PROFILE to say "Muslim." It says other. I thought i was a true Christian actually believing in the God of Christ Jesus pbuh. Then i remembered the Quran said "that's called Muslim." I officially understood "there's only one God, there's no other with no beginning" by August last month. I had known God gave the Quran by July 2016 (i kinda knew way before). I prayed the "there's no God but Allah prayer" in July 2016. If we want to sound Christian lol, i had basically "asked God into my heart" August 2014. I wasn't praying to Jesus-i was specifically meaning "not Jesus" but i didn't know God's name was Allah till months after that. I had to phrase it like "God, you, the one who hears me, who is not Jesus" essentially in August 2014. Lol. But i didn't realize not to go to any church worshipping Jesus pbuh till 2016. Actually i realized worshipping Jesus pbuh was a sin AFTER i decided not to go to any Christian churches and had left the church i was at.

muslim153
09-14-2016, 08:04 PM
I really just understood why to do the prayer times today. (But i had already kept them a little before).

muslim153
09-14-2016, 09:03 PM
Can you or anyone tell me more about the Holy Spirit? (About Gabriel). You know Christian churches try to say the Holy Spirit was COeternal with God WHICH IS NOT TRUE, and the prefix "co" shows it's not true. Allah said in the Quran there were no others, but only Him (there was no other to rival Him etc, none who existed then). Allah said He was the only one with no beginning, and said there's none like Him. I don't know chapters and verses numbers memorized yet, but i studied the fundamental verses. Anyways what Christian pastors call the Holy Spirit is their made up idea, and isn't the same thing as Islam anyways.

muslim153
09-14-2016, 10:25 PM

Even when God gave me a couple signs, i still didn't know who God was or what God's name was. One just got my attention. The other just indicated "God does exist (and He's not Jesus pbuh). I still didn't have faith till i saw the science in the Quran.

23 chromosomes of male and female
The word man is used 23 times and the word woman is used 23 times in the Quran.
The Bee is the 16th chapter
Bees have 16 chromosomes
The orbit period of Venus and Mars was indicated in the Quran
But when i saw the verse "We sent down iron" and read about it coming from space, not originating on earth-then i had faith in the Quran knowing the whole book was bound by the #19 and from the same prophet. The 2 signs i saw didn't give me faith nor did it let me know who God was, but it let me know the Christian pastors were lying when they said Jesus pbuh is The God. I mean in my situation i thought i would have gone to hell for looking at one verse of the Quran, my ex pastor basically told me that. God got my attention and basically communicated to me "I do exist, I'm not Jesus. Look at the texts, not what the pastors say-they don't know anything, they don't know about me." God showed me He existed in 2014-i still had no idea who He was or His name or anything. All i knew was "ok He's not Jesus." That was the extent of my knowledge through the "sign."

muslim153
09-14-2016, 10:42 PM
The "sign" basically just indicated "the Christian pastors are babbling-they have no idea what they're talking about-the one telling you not to read the Quran doesn't even know God exists (he thought God was Jesus pbuh). " At that point i stopped fearing what the pastor said (he told me the Quran was satan's book from satan basically-that was so blasphemous-they sing "we worship you God" and then they blasphemed God's word (the Quran is God's word). They need mercy, it's not like they're young saying these kinds of things (I've seen older pastors on t.v. say that stuff too).

muslim153
09-14-2016, 11:14 PM
I call it a sign (the other thing was just an attention getter). The thing i called a sign was more like "i felt like i was born again-the day i hoped God existed (and hoped He wasn't Jesus pbuh-i didn't know at that point but i began to pray to Him, bc if He existed, He would hear me). Then i felt born again, again. Lol. These were my feelings but i had never felt them before these 2 incidents, i mean the feeling of feeling born again, that had never happened before. The second time i really believed "there is a God, He's not Jesus pbuh, He's higher." God confirmed to me personally "what you think is correct." I found it in the Bible about God and Jesus pbuh being separate. At that point i knew the Pastors, especially the ones telling me not to read the Quran, were ignorant and had no idea. How God confirmed to me "yes what you hoped for that day, and what you believed that day-I exist, it's correct," well it's besides the point. God confirmed "what you think is correct, I'm high above Jesus." He confirmed it by confirming i really was born again somehow those days. i didn't pray the right prayers or know God was Allah till months later (but i atleast believed He's God, He's the First, and He's not Jesus pbuh (Jesus pbuh was not the first), but He's the God of Jesus Christ pbuh. I had that basic down in 2014. Then i read the Bible looking for it, and found it enough where i researched the Quran. One thing was people were wishing me happy birthday on those days, and it wasn't my physical birthday lol. (Someone mistook it for my physical birthday and randomly said happy birthday-this may not feel like a big deal to others, but it made research and investigate what i felt). The first time i just knew i was born again (that day i started to pray to God, not Jesus). The second time someone literally told me "happy birthday" and it wasn't my physical birthday. There were many things like that getting my attention. I was forced to think "i received the right concept these days-God is above Jesus pbuh."

talibilm
09-14-2016, 11:23 PM
Can you or anyone tell me more about the Holy Spirit? (About Gabriel). You know Christian churches try to say the Holy Spirit was COeternal with God WHICH IS NOT TRUE, and the prefix "co" shows it's not true. Allah said in the Quran there were no others, but only Him (there was no other to rival Him etc, none who existed then). Allah said He was the only one with no beginning, and said there's none like Him. I don't know chapters and verses numbers memorized yet, but i studied the fundamental verses. Anyways what Christian pastors call the Holy Spirit is their made up idea, and isn't the same thing as Islam anyways.
:sl: Sister,

After the end of this world NONE will exist including Gabriel A.s and the soul snatcher Israeel A.S and Allah will ask , kindly read post # 21 here

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...lah-swt-2.html

Post # 11 & 12 has some more related info on Gabriel A.S
http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...e-be-upon-him)

Another Incident was when the Brave warrior Hamza R.A ,uncle of Prophet :saws: INSISTED on seeing Angel Gabriel inspite of refusal of Prophet :saws: and so Prophet:saws: prayed that let his uncle be shown Gabriel and Prophet :saws:told Hamza R.A to watch over the Kaaba and he sighted the dramatic Light and fell unconscious.If Gabriel was such how great Should Allah be. When its said in hadiths that the Parents of reciters & Followers of the Noble Quran wil honoured on the Day of Judgement ( DOJ) with a Crown that's brighter than the sun , that confused me .

But when I see this hadith of Hamza R.A it made me understand that and also when I researched on Astronomy ( Allah insists us to research in the Noble Quran) I found star Polaris (or some other star i forgot the name ) is 2000 times brighter than the Sun. So How bright could Allah be ???

when Prophet :saws: said something like when he ascended the 7 skies in the night of Isra (Noble Quran) the honoured companionship of Arch Angel Gabriel and after a boundary Gabriel refused to go with him CITING he does not have permission to go closer to Allah than this or he will be burned leaving Prophet :saws: to proceed on his own. We might wonder how could Prophet :saws: can do that . This is what a Human is rewarded for his TEST OF THIS LIFE , he is honored more than angels. The fact is All prophets were given the strength of about 30 men (hadith). So even then Prophet :saws: was seen to profusely sweat EVEN ON A CHILLY DAY when angel Gabriel descended with a revelation of Noble Quran from THE MOST GREATEST , Allah , the Creator.

I shall attend your other posts as soon am Free , Inshallah (Allah willingly)

mission2succeed
09-14-2016, 11:33 PM
I call it a sign (the other thing was just an attention getter). The thing i called a sign was more like "i felt like i was born again-the day i hoped God existed (and hoped He wasn't Jesus pbuh-i didn't know at that point but i began to pray to Him, bc if He existed, He would hear me). Then i felt born again, again. Lol. These were my feelings but i had never felt them before these 2 incidents, i mean the feeling of feeling born again, that had never happened before. The second time i really believed "there is a God, He's not Jesus pbuh, He's higher." God confirmed to me personally "what you think is correct." I found it in the Bible about God and Jesus pbuh being separate. At that point i knew the Pastors, especially the ones telling me not to read the Quran, were ignorant and had no idea. How God confirmed to me "yes what you hoped for that day, and what you believed that day-I exist, it's correct," well it's besides the point. God confirmed "what you think is correct, I'm high above Jesus." He confirmed it by confirming i really was born again somehow those days. i didn't pray the right prayers or know God was Allah till months later (but i atleast believed He's God, He's the First, and He's not Jesus pbuh(Jesus pbuh was not the first), but He's the God of Jesus Christ pbuh. I had that basic down in 2014. Then i read the Bible looking for it, and found it enough where i researched the Quran. One thing was people were wishing me happy birthday on those days, and it wasn't my physical birthday lol. (Someone mistook it for my physical birthday and randomly said happy birthday-this may not feel like a big deal to others, but it made research and investigate what i felt). The first time i just knew i was born again (that day i started to pray to God, not Jesus). The second time someone literally told me "happy birthday" and it wasn't my physical birthday. There were many things like that getting my attention. I was forced to think "i received the right concept these days-God is above Jesus pbuh."
As salamu alaikum Sister,

Welcome to Islam you have made the right decision masha'allah (whatever Allah wishes).
Sister please visit the link below where you will find a lot of useful books which answer a lot of the questions you have regarding comparative religion from a Christianity point of view. These books will help you considerably as they have been written by experts on the subject of Christianity, Islam and some other religions. Feel free to pick and choose whatever topic interests you insha'allah (as Allah wishes).

http://ummahboard.com/showthread.php...ative-religion

mission2succeed
09-14-2016, 11:37 PM
Ty
Salaam
:salam:

Sister the link below is on Aqeeda (creed) and Tahweed (monotheism)

http://ummahboard.com/showthread.php...ah-and-Tawheed

If you want further advice or guidance towards which books to begin with get back to me insha'allah Sis.

muslim153
09-15-2016, 12:29 AM
Thank you all. I've been covering my head for prayer times of course-but does a female in Islam only need to cover her head when a male is present? I mean if there's just females around is it ok to have your head uncovered?

talibilm
09-15-2016, 01:58 AM
Thank you all. I've been covering my head for prayer times of course-but does a female in Islam only need to cover her head when a male is present? I mean if there's just females around is it ok to have your head uncovered?
Yes, when there are females around its ok keep the head uncovered. Also its not a MUST in presence of Maghram (not permitted to marry)men like Father,, brother, son, uncle, father in Law . But even in front if you keep covered that will attain piety.

We see Mary A.S is covered that's how Islam is

talibilm
09-15-2016, 02:36 AM
Even when God gave me a couple signs, i still didn't know who God was or what God's name was. One just got my attention. The other just indicated "God does exist (and He's not Jesus pbuh). I still didn't have faith till i saw the science in the Quran.

23 chromosomes of male and female
The word man is used 23 times and the word woman is used 23 times in the Quran.
The Bee is the 16th chapter
Bees have 16 chromosomes
The orbit period of Venus and Mars was indicated in the Quran
But when i saw the verse "We sent down iron" and read about it coming from space, not originating on earth-then i had faith in the Quran knowing the whole book was bound by the #19 and from the same prophet. The 2 signs i saw didn't give me faith nor did it let me know who God was, but it let me know the Christian pastors were lying when they said Jesus pbuh is The God. I mean in my situation i thought i would have gone to hell for looking at one verse of the Quran, my ex pastor basically told me that. God got my attention and basically communicated to me "I do exist, I'm not Jesus. Look at the texts, not what the pastors say-they don't know anything, they don't know about me." God showed me He existed in 2014-i still had no idea who He was or His name or anything. All i knew was "ok He's not Jesus." That was the extent of my knowledge through the "sign."

Islam is not science or based on science but Science can help us in our Eeman as Quran tells us to ponder over Allah's creation's to understand the SUPERMOST MIGHT of Allah. So all these Telescopes, Microscopes etc, products of sceince only helps us to fullfill the order of Allah to PONDER over his creations Similarly science also proves Prophesies of Noble Quran when Allah says we have been given only little knowledge about the soul or spirit of us since Science in spite of 10,000 folds of development still is unable to know about the soul as the per the challenge of Allah untill now

BUT Do Not Take Science as the only aspect to bring Eeman because science is fallible always changing even some modern concepts about health, coffee is good ? not good ? Now there is nothing called bad cholesterol etc etc (was moon landing a fake ? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...s-baffled.html etc ) but ALLAH' s QURAN is the ''SAME' untill the day of judgement.

Caliph Ali (ra) said something like this we did 'ma'sah ( rubbing wet hands ) in case we wore leather socks on the top portion ( toes untill ankle) ONLY because we saw Prophet(sal) doing that if I ask my intelligence or conscience I would prefer doing ma'sah the under part of it.''

This shows something in Islam may not be scientific too but we follow them like the rituals of haj etc.

muslim153
09-15-2016, 07:37 PM
As salamu alaikum. When i was a teen-ager i used to say this lol.

muslim153
09-15-2016, 07:39 PM
I woke up for the early prayer times yay. Allah tY

muslim153
09-15-2016, 07:41 PM
People used to ask me if i was Muslim even though I'm white. Lol.

muslim153
09-15-2016, 07:45 PM
Is pork kind of like the tree of knowledge of good and evil as in "you may eat all these trees but one?" (Like you may eat all these animals (foods) but one-but there's lots of animals we wouldn't eat anyways I'm sure).

muslim153
09-15-2016, 07:48 PM
I just want to live as long as i can-to do my job I'm put on earth to do-that's why i don't smoke cigarettes, that's why i stopped eating pork, and that's why i stay away from alcohol (it's not worth the risk of getting addicted-you could be addicted many years and lose everything you have, etc).

Umm Malik
09-15-2016, 10:55 PM
Alhamdullillah for that sister
Thanks for sharing this good news with us
May Allah help you to do more and more and grant us Jan nah
Amen

muslim153
09-16-2016, 12:36 AM
Grammatically in Arabic is "the holy spirit" rather "the spirit of the holy" (like meaning the slave of Allah-the spirit who is property of Allah)? So the holiness came from God and is rather an attribute of Allah? Rather holiness is attributed to Allah?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.