/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Parents opinion on relationship

Jordan 97
09-14-2016, 05:38 AM
I am a Muslim convert. I have been dating a Muslim born Bengali girl, I was a convert before meeting her, and we've been dating for a while now. I am a practising muslim. Things are serious between me and her, and I wish to marry her.

So I'm asking, what do you guys think. Mainly parents?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
09-14-2016, 05:56 AM
Welcome to the forum. :shade:

Depends what and where you are from.. I guess.. some are very custom oriented, some aren't.

Hard to say in these matters.

But, whatever lies ahead for you in terms of this relationship, the real relationship really is with Allah. Welcome to the deen too.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Jordan 97
09-14-2016, 06:06 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome brother

I'm from England.

But very true brother.

MazharShafiq
09-28-2016, 04:38 AM
some things have to decide himself , the relation is a thing which cant understand by other so dear ask from your heart it will answer you better that which right and which is wrong

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aaj
09-30-2016, 02:29 PM
As'salaamu Alaikum,

welcome to the forum, may it benefit you inshallah.

Whether the family accepts you or not depends on how open they are about marrying outside their cultural/ethnic norms. This will vary individual to individual, family to family , community to community,etc. Best person to ask this would be your girlfriend as she would know better where her family stands.

Also, you have mentioned that you were a convert before you started dating her and that you are a practicing Muslim. That seems contradictory because dating is against Islam. First thing you two should do is stop the dating relationship and then approach her family and ask her hand honorably.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.