/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Question About Salah

noraina
09-15-2016, 04:51 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

This is a two part question....

I have quite severe blistering on my ankles since yesterday, they're quite sensitive. At the moment I'm just limping around. It also means reading salah standing up and going fully down into sujood is fairly uncomfortable and painful - not impossible, but I'm worried they'd burst (disgusting, I know, lol) or will get worse. So would this be a valid reason to read salah sitting down? They should be gone within a week inshaAllah.

And how do you go about reading salah sitting down, how would you do ruku or sujood and the tashahud?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aaj
09-15-2016, 05:12 PM
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

Ibn Qudaamah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: If standing will make a sick person’s sickness worse, then he should pray sitting. The scholars are unanimously agreed that a person who cannot stand may pray sitting. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to ‘Imraan ibn Husayn: “Pray standing; if you cannot, then sitting; and if you cannot, then lying on your side.”

It was also narrated by al-Bukhaari, Abu Dawood and al-Nasaa’i, who added: “If you cannot, then lying on your back, and Allaah does not burden any soul beyond its scope.”

If he is able to stand but he fears that his sickness will be made worse, or that his recovery may be delayed, or it is too hard for him to stand, then he may pray sitting down. Something similar was said by Maalik and Ishaaq.

https://islamqa.info/en/67934

Whilst siting, you bow forward a bit for ruku and further more for sujood. Tashahud should be the same?

Google praying salah while sitting to see visually how its done.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.