/* */

PDA

View Full Version : OCD = Waswass?

Serinity
09-15-2016, 05:07 PM
:salam:

I think I have mild OCD. I've watched videos on extreme OCD, and some of the thoughts I recognize is from Shaytaan, prob the whole process is.

But for those with OCD, what can be done?

Cuz I think I am obssessing over Shirk needlessly.

Allahu alam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
09-15-2016, 05:26 PM
OCD seems to be increasing problem nowadays (maybe because people have got more information for their symptoms). There might be different reasons for it, like it may have biological basis, it may be caused by environmental factors and be born of behavior-related habits a person has been learning over time and someones blame OCD on insufficient serotonin levels. There is no cure for obsessive-compulsive disorder, but there are methods of treatment that provide relief from the symptoms to the extent that most patients can lead normal lives. Some may get help from therapies, some from medication or then from both of them.

In many cultures people think that kind of symptoms are cause by Shaytaan (waswas) and find cure via the religion. It´s great if it can help but it´s also a tragedy if they don´t find cure by this way. It may lead them to the situation where they feel dissappointment for their religion and blame it because it didn´t help them as they wished.

Because of this, it may be a good idea to see a doctor and ask advice and help also from the medical treatment.

Umm Abed
09-18-2016, 09:14 AM
:wa:

You are definitely aware that those thoughts are just waswasa and Im sure you know how to deal with them. Its obsessive thoughts, needless obsessions; you will get over them. No stress, no hassle, just carry on with life. :)

noraina
09-18-2016, 01:20 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

It could be OCD, or intrusive thoughts, or just overthinking - I suppose all would come from the Shaytaan.

I sometimes find myself overthinking, and it is *so* exhausting subhanAllah and just so stressful.....the Shaytaan likes to place doubts or suspicions in your mind about your deen or other worldly things, just try to wave them away and ignore them. The more food for thought you give them the bigger they become.

Or, if you they are bothering you at a specific time, just try to distract yourself, read something, talk to someone, ect.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
09-18-2016, 01:22 PM
well not all ocd is bad..

remember to begin in the name of your God.. the most gracious the most beneficent.

and plan your day around the 5 daily prayers.

Serinity
09-18-2016, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
:wa:

You are definitely aware that those thoughts are just waswasa and Im sure you know how to deal with them. Its obsessive thoughts, needless obsessions; you will get over them. No stress, no hassle, just carry on with life. :)
Yeah, it has been a while since this started. But when I try to stop the waswass, I get anxiety and thoughts of never attaining Jannah.. Because I may then be a hypocrite.

But Allah is the one who decides who enters Jannah, not Shaytaan. :D

But seriously..... It has all revolved around the issue of shirk, as you may know. and I was right all along, Islam is indeed pure Tawheed, and this has all been shaytaan trying to put me off Islam because of all this waswass.

I am over the trial, but now shaytaan is trying to make me doubt the definition of:

anyone,
anything.

Sigh.....

Umm Abed
09-18-2016, 02:10 PM
It is normal to feel scared and worried about not entering Jannah, that is what makes us strive to better ourselves. Whatever is in our capability, Allah knows, and whatever is beyond - He knows also.

And yes indeed, Islam is pure tawheed, alhamdulillah you know that. Allah decides. He is Just. The shaitan can never win.

Serinity
09-18-2016, 03:25 PM
Worshipping only Allah, that is the straight path. I.e. to not worship Allah alone would be to fall off the straight path.

Anyways, I got it. Shaytaan is just playing with words now......

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!