/* */

PDA

View Full Version : question regarding purifying my carpet........urgent

becky530
09-16-2016, 01:36 PM
Salam brothers and sisters. I have come to this board with a query that is really really perplexing me.
I have a carpet that i am pretty sure is impure. It was made impure by my dirty unwashed feet that quite possibly carried spots of urine. i am reasonably sure the whole carpet is impure in such manner. i want to clean it. how do i do it with moving it from its place. its 12 by 12 feet and here is what i found on the web:

"If the carpet and the mattress become najis by the elements that do not have a mass (i.e., do not leave any marks or stains on the carpet or the mattress), it can be purified by sprinkling water over it from a kettle or a jug once until the pure water covers the impure area, and then wipe the water away by using a piece of cloth or a vacuum cleaner, etc. The carpet or the mattress will now be considered pure; and the water removed from it will be considered, on the basis of obligatory precaution, as najis".

above is from sistani website. what i did was SPRINKLEd water drops on it and then wiped the whole area with a wet cloth and let is dry. my question is do i have to rinse as in SOAK the area im trying to clean or just sprinkle water over it and wipe with a dry cloth cause sprinkling will not COMPLETELY cover the entire area.....SPRINKLE OR SOAK??? This is driving me nuts
It sounds really stupid but plz any Alim or mufti can explain to me?
And thanks islamicboard for making this possible.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-16-2016, 02:35 PM

1) The Sistani website is a Shi`a website, so do not take any information from there.

2) The carpet is not Najis. You said there is a "possibility" that there was drops of urine on your feet when walking on the carpet. A "possibility" does not make the carpet Najis (impure). Only if you are certain that definitely some Najaasat (impurity) has fallen on the carpet, such that it has left some trace behind, does that particular area become dirty. If Najaasat falls on a particular part of the carpet (like drops of urine), for example, then all you need to do is wash that area with water (like using a cloth or sponge). That will be sufficient to purify it, In Shaa Allaah.

Do not let doubts trouble you. Sometimes, Shaytaan puts doubts in the mind of a person as Wasaawis, in order to trouble them. I know of one person who had these doubts to the extent that he started to say things like, he has sat on a toilet, and a toilet is impure, thus his entire backside is now impure; if his backside is impure, then that means by wearing his pants, he has made it impure as well. If his pants is impure, how is his Salaah accepted? Also, if his pants is impure, and he sat on a chair or carpet, that means he has made that chair and carpet impure as well. Etc. That is how Shaytaan tries to drive people crazy. So again, ignore such doubts. If there is no Najaasah on the floor which you can see with your eyes, and you do not know for a fact that Najaasah has fallen on the carpet, then it is not Najis.

والله تعالى أعلم

Scimitar
09-16-2016, 02:38 PM

greenhill
09-16-2016, 02:49 PM
I am wondering why would that trouble you. Why would you want it 'purified' in a muslim way when you put agnosticism as your religion?

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-16-2016, 02:53 PM
Two questions:

1. Why is the religion set as "Agnosticism"
  2. Why gender is set as "Male" but the name is Becky, which is distinctly female

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-16-2016, 02:54 PM
The OP's religion is set to "Agnosticism" but in his profile, it says "Muslim since birth".

Scimitar
09-16-2016, 02:56 PM
... for everything else, there's mastercard :D

Scimi

jabeady
09-16-2016, 02:58 PM
Medically, urine is sterile. You could wash an open sore with it and suffer no ill effects. The absolute worst case for the carpet is a residual odor and stain. Scimi is absolutely correct.

becky530
09-16-2016, 03:01 PM
sorry for the confusion. i had lost my path when i created the account. i became.......detached from islam. but now im back. there is no life without islam. that i can testify!
i tried changing the agnostism thing
I AM A PRACTICING MUSLIM and i want to be able to pray and walk on the carpet without getting waswasas and waham.

Scimitar
09-16-2016, 03:01 PM
Jellyfish stings lol

Scimi

becky530
09-16-2016, 03:04 PM
and there are NO STAINS OR ODOUR. had that been the case i would have just cleaned the parts that were stained and that would be the end of it.
ALSO excuse the name. i'm a guy. name is just for the sake of anonymity.
i want the carpert islamically pure.

becky530
09-16-2016, 03:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Jellyfish stings lol

Scimi
bro this is serious. i suffer form a mental disease and i know it. i wish no one would ever suffer from it.
you do not understand my question so Don't make jokes.

Scimitar
09-16-2016, 03:51 PM
Becky, I apologize if you thought I was making fun of you - I was not, my response was to Jabeady who wrote how Urine can sterilize certain wounds - I mentioned jellyfish stings as one, as urinating on a sting is one way to make it go away.

Again, my apologies,

Scimi

jabeady
09-16-2016, 05:02 PM
Becky, I apologize if you thought I was making fun of you - I was not, my response was to Jabeady who wrote how Urine can sterilize certain wounds - I mentioned jellyfish stings as one, as urinating on a sting is one way to make it go away.

Again, my apologies,

Scimi
Is there a story about how you know that?

Scimitar
09-16-2016, 05:03 PM
I watched "Friends" series in my hey day lol.

Scimi

greenhill
09-16-2016, 09:43 PM
As far as I see it, you have done what is required to purify it. It starts with the intention (niyah). Then there is the 'condition set' ie, sprinkling of water and wipe. You did. Leave it as that, performed the ritual to purify.

Seeing as we don't see any physical difference, the waswas is natural. Just ignore it. .

:peace:

M.I.A.
09-16-2016, 10:47 PM
hire a wash vac.

..I don't know where you live but here it is a thing.

it's like a vacuum... hoover that puts water into the carpet and then sucks it up.. while also cleaning it.

money well spent.

also shampoos and conditions.

M.I.A.
09-17-2016, 12:33 AM

:|

...you know..because he's asking for religious viewpoint on cleaning..

and it's a play on words..

I got that one while reading isha..nearly broke my namaz.

glad someone found it funny.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.