/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does this expel me from Islam?

mezzi_sohal
09-18-2016, 10:59 AM
Salam,
I used to listen to music a lot but I do not listen to it as frequently any more. When I did listen to music, I used to listen often to one particular song called "Losing my religion" by R.E.M. The song itself has nothing to do with religion but was a metaphor for something else unrelated to religion, and I remained a practicing Muslim with faith in Allah, but nonetheless I have started to feel guilty. I believe it has been over a year since I last listened to that song, but I am all of a sudden feeling bad. I have said astagfhfirullah, should this be enough to gain forgiveness?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
09-18-2016, 12:02 PM
No it doesn't expel you from Islam, it's just a song relax.

But if you feel in your heart says otherwise and that you feel it will help refocus your mind, say the shahadah with intention.

M.I.A.
09-18-2016, 12:26 PM
lol..

I personally went through a lupe fiasco phase.

I'm over it.. the show goes on..

pick better theme music..

although it will only ever type cast you.

kind regards,

spock.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-18-2016, 01:40 PM
No, it did not expel you from Islaam. However, Tawbah should be made for listening to music. Listen to Qiraa'ah and Nasheeds instead.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Little_Lion
09-18-2016, 03:02 PM
Great, I'm going to have that song stuck in my head all day now . . . . :facepalm:

M.I.A.
09-18-2016, 03:07 PM
...I don't know who you were talking to?

on the off chance.

..try words I've never said, to dislodge the blockage.

or carry on dreaming.

just kidding,

usually just recite quran or whatever you are currently learning to change mindset.

Little_Lion
09-18-2016, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
...I don't know who you were talking to?

on the off chance.

..try words I've never said, to dislodge the blockage.

or carry on dreaming.

just kidding,

usually just recite quran or whatever you are currently learning to change mindset.
I'm taking a class today on tahweed. That should clear the earworm, insha'Allah. Or melt my brain, it's an intensive class.

M.I.A.
09-18-2016, 03:49 PM
may Allah swt guide you to a real understanding and implementation..

...I'm thinking that was not a wrath of khan reference.

anyway, the textbook answer is always the best answer.

hopefully sucess awaits tomorrow.

..try not to hold the wrong tale...tail.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.