/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to thist

Sophia_789
09-19-2016, 09:13 PM
Hi all! And assalamu alaikum. I'm new to this. To internet forums and online communities. But am not new to Islam. I come from a muslim family, although we are not the most religious - what exactly does that phrase mean nowadays? I am at a stage in my life where I am a grown up but I'm still not fully there yet - accomplished, successful, ready to marry etc. I have had a rough patch recently. Well. For the last four years now. Mental illness hit me quite hard and was very traumatic for my family and myself. Shukhur alhumdulillah it is a lot better now, thanks to medication.

This experience has made me think and evaluate my life, what I like, what I don't like, my values, principles and ethics. Now. Being honest here, I am fairly laid back when it comes to things like religion and following a faith, I would always say I was a very liberal muslim. Although I was not haraam, I did not not drink (regularly) or consume pork based products. Some things I have done but I don't know if I should tell you those things yet. I feel like I am at a new starting point in my life. I am attending job interviews, hopefully to land an apprenticeship and proceed further from there. What I am hoping to gain from this forum is a safe and supportive community to be a part of, and I hope I can contribute well also.

Thank you for reading, Sophia

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
09-19-2016, 09:18 PM
Walakum salaam,

welcome to IB FORUM,

its a jungle in here, but it's ours :)

Scimi

Little_Lion
09-19-2016, 09:30 PM
Asalaam aleikum, sister! Welcome and enjoy your stay, insha'Allah! :statisfie

Sophia_789
09-19-2016, 09:35 PM
Hey!! Lol I like that. Wise words from the Little Lion!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sophia_789
09-19-2016, 09:36 PM
Sorry that last post was a mistake haha

Sophia_789
09-19-2016, 09:37 PM
Salaam and thank you InshaAllah

darkbro
09-19-2016, 10:59 PM
Waalaikumsalam. Just keep doing good deeds so Allah can give you more hidayah :)

greenhill
09-20-2016, 09:02 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Wishing you a great stay. Do browse through the archives.

:peace:

eesa the kiwi
09-20-2016, 09:03 AM
welcome

noraina
09-20-2016, 09:15 AM
Wa alaykum assalam,

Welcome to this forum sis, inshaAllah you'll enjoy it here :).

aaj
09-20-2016, 01:11 PM
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

welcome to the forum, may it be beneficial for you inshallah. :)

sister herb
09-20-2016, 05:22 PM
Salam alaykum

Welcome to forum. This might be a jungle like br Scimitar wrote, but we have cookies. :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!