PDA

View Full Version : On Youtube, use the report buttonh

Kiro
09-20-2016, 05:07 PM
Particularly if it is an attack on Islam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mustafa16
09-20-2016, 05:08 PM
I don't think they would shut it down....there is such a thing as 'freedom of speech'

Kiro
09-20-2016, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
I don't think they would shut it down....there is such a thing as 'freedom of speech'
use hate speech button

jabeady
09-20-2016, 05:41 PM
What's the problem?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bosanac
09-20-2016, 05:50 PM
Personally I just ignore anti Islam channels. All that matters to them is views and attention, I try not to give it to them.

If they get recommended to me by YouTube's system I click on the "not interested" option (or something like that).

Arguing in comments, even disliking videos is usually counter productive. I'll dislike some video if I only realize after starting them they're anti islamic, but I wouldn't intentionally open them to dislike them as that just gives the video attention/views.

Kiro
09-20-2016, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jabeady
What's the problem?
Well on Islamic videos or videos being posted on Islamic channels, there is a likelihood of trolls and hate speeches with cussing and swearing.

jabeady
09-20-2016, 06:45 PM
That pretty much describes the entire internet. It's a shame, really. What may be the greatest tool in human history is best known for its idiots.

Serinity
09-20-2016, 08:54 PM
:salam:

Sadly, even politicians now use the internet (Facebook, social media) to spread their bigotry on Islam.

The internet has made the world less civilized............ The internet can be a very good tool, but that depends on what you use it for.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-20-2016, 11:28 PM
For every website they make attacking Islaam, make two websites promoting Islaam. For every YouTube video they bring out attacking Islaam, bring out two promoting and teaching people about Islaam. The internet is much too big for them to control as much as they would like to. They try their best to, but continue to fail.

Serinity
09-21-2016, 04:48 AM
Promoting Islam more as response is very good. One can call Dawah a form of Jihad. Speaking the truth in the face of lies.

May Allah grant us more taqwa (being conscious of Allah) Ameen
And Allah :swt: knows best

Bosanac
09-21-2016, 08:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
Promoting Islam more as response is very good. One can call Dawah a form of Jihad. Speaking the truth in the face of lies.

May Allah grant us more taqwa (being conscious of Allah) Ameen
And Allah :swt: knows best
True, but you have to be aware there's a time and place for everything. Arguing, rationally and calmly or not, on YouTube is a really bad idea/platform. Comments section of YouTube is usually so toxic in these scenarios, it's just not worth it. I stopped reading comments or taking them seriously a long time ago. Way too many trolls and bigots that will just drag you down to their level.

From my experience best way to counter any claims or arguments against Islam is to search for videos that go over said arguments and that give the proper islamic response, then like them and subscribe to those channels. THAT'S THE GOAL ON YOUTUBE. Can't stress this enough. Likes, views and subs, that's the most important way to spread something on YouTube. If you know a channel has an anti islamic agenda, don't go to it. Merely opening their videos is a win for them.

noraina
09-21-2016, 09:04 AM
If there is an article or video about Islam, I most of the time can't invest the energy in reading the comment section - it is just so full of ignorance and unfounded hatred I honestly wonder at how these people even manage to read or listen (which I doubt) and write out a full sentence.

The internet has brought out the worst in people in the sense that they can more or less remain anonymous sitting behind a screen without fear of identification. And it's not like they want to learn either, they just want to argue with someone or upset them.

For example, I once watched a video of this ordinary man making cupcakes, like *cukcakes*, and he was getting sworn at and given death threats because apparently he didn't use the recipe someone's grandma had used, and they took it as a personal affront. Seriously?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.