/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I got scammed today

Reminder
09-21-2016, 07:33 PM
A huge company which I purchased from online scammed me.

I will not go into details, but wallah they stole $390.

I yelled at them on the phone I'm so mad.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mustafa16
09-21-2016, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Reminder
A huge company which I purchased from online scammed me.

I will not go into details, but wallah they stole $390.

I yelled at them on the phone I'm so mad.
couldn't you bring them to court?

Reminder
09-21-2016, 09:16 PM
Not worth it.

Little_Lion
09-21-2016, 09:22 PM
You should be able to contact your credit card company and report unauthorized charges and have them reversed.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strivingobserver98
09-22-2016, 12:58 AM
Hmm what kind of service were they offering? If you don't mind you can share link on PM :).

Yes idea above is what you should do iA.

Reminder
09-22-2016, 02:38 AM
It is a health product. Would like to keep to myself.

The owner is a very rich doctor, who doesn't run the business at all.

If I file a fraud claim, the 3 secretaries will tell him this is all my fault when it is not.

kritikvernunft
09-22-2016, 03:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion
You should be able to contact your credit card company and report unauthorized charges and have them reversed.
Completely agreed. It takes 3 to trade, not 2. There is the buyer, the seller, but there is also the one who is going to be the judge of it when things go wrong. Before taking a risk when trading, you'd better verify what the dispute resolution procedure will be. When I pay online by credit/debit card, I always put it behind a paypal account. I avoid providing the card details to the vendor himself. Paypal has an excellent dispute resolution procedure, which is much better than what the card issuers themselves provide. I do not trust my own card issuer at all to handle disputes diligently, correctly, or fairly. The card issuers usually do not care at all about this. With paypal, judging disputes is the essence of their service. Just press the dispute button next to the disputed charge, and then the vendor has 30 days to reply. Otherwise, the money just gets charged back and put back into your account.

kritikvernunft
09-22-2016, 03:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
couldn't you bring them to court?
National States are utterly lousy at everything they do. As the saying goes: There is no problem that the government will not make worse. The State is totally inept at judging disputes. Government judges are slow, expensive, and utmost negligent. They are not there to bring justice. They are there to justify injustices. As far as I am concerned, if I detect that the one who will be the judge of it, will be the State, I will refuse to trade. There will simply be no business in that case. For online transactions, I recommend paypal. I have had to use their dispute resolution procedure three times over the last 10 years, and it works like a charm. Paypal will not only promptly return the money, but if the vendor makes a habit out of causing trouble, Paypal will simply revoke their merchant privileges. Therefore, I will generally avoid paying a merchant online, if he takes credit cards, but he cannot or does not want to take Paypal. It possibly means that he has been expelled already. So, in that case, I will avoid trading with that merchant.

Reminder
09-22-2016, 06:19 AM
I don't think it is a perfect solution as the secretaries are all working against me, they have been lying from day 1.

MazharShafiq
09-22-2016, 06:38 AM
we should aware about any online activity such as sharing information , giving services , buying and selling anything and investment etc . a lot of companies on the internet are scammed . so be careful especially when we pay advance . after scamming we cant approach them because for this we need more money while we already loss a lot of money or we cant approach them that our losses money have little value or any reason etc so so be careful before taking step in .
it is my experience i also loss a lot of money in online activities
may Allah help you for getting you money

Search
09-22-2016, 06:44 AM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

format_quote Originally Posted by Reminder
I don't think it is a perfect solution as the secretaries are all working against me, they have been lying from day 1.
I'm sorry to hear that you've been defrauded, brother; I hope InshaAllah (God-willing) it all works out.

That said, keep trying to reach the owner; I know you said that the secretaries will only lie but maybe if you're able to contact the owner and present your case in a clear and convincing way, then it may potentially work out?

Also, do you have any proof that you can present such as some kind of online receipt or something that would show that you've been scammed? If so, try to present that to the owner at the earliest available opportunity. If presenting the case to the owner is not practicable, then tell the secretaries that you'll paste whatever proofs you do have on social media if either your money is not returned or the product not delivered. The threat of being slammed on the Internet for their fraud should scare them into maybe refunding your money or giving you the product you'd purchased to avoid negative publicity?

I note that Allah is with the patient (Quran 2:153).

Brother, please recite this ayah (verse) of the Quran (3:147) with the intention that everything be solved in your favor as remember that Quran says the miraculous Revelation spiritually is a healing and mercy and guidance-giver in all situations for the believer:

وَمَا كَانَ قَوْلَهُمْ إِلَّا أَن قَالُوا رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَإِسْرَافَنَا فِي أَمْرِنَا وَثَبِّتْ أَقْدَامَنَا وَانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ

Wama kana qawlahum illa an qaloo rabbana ighfir lana thunoobana wa-israfana fee amrina wathabbit aqdamana waonsurna AAala alqawmi alkafireen

"And not were their words except that they said, 'Our Lord forgive for us our sins and our excesses in our affairs and make firm our feet and give us victory over [the people] the disbelievers.'"

Place your trust in Allah, brother, and pursue the fraud case if the worst case scenario is realized comprising of the secretaries still not returning your money. Make duas (supplications) also, brother. Duas are the weapon of the strong believer.

Best Wishes, :)

:wa: (And peace be upon you)

kritikvernunft
09-22-2016, 06:57 AM
Another solution is to avoid trading directly with online merchants, but use a marketplace that will take your payment in escrow. https://www.aliexpress.com is not that bad. They have hundreds of pages in which they explain how they follow, audit, monitor, and discipline merchants. If need be, the marketplace will repudiate, reprobate, expel, reject, and dismiss offending individuals. It works really well. They only charge a few percent to the merchants, in exchange for thoroughly constraining and disciplining them. The merchants also like it, because most of them do not want to be unruly and understand that they need someone to punish them, if they are. I have never had trouble with deliveries from there. Aliexpress will promptly eject unserious merchants, long before you would run into them by yourself.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.