/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

chow
09-23-2016, 07:46 AM
Hello all,
I'm new to this forum - my name is Chloe and I do not follow any religion, however my husband is Muslim. I was raised with very little education about any type of religion but I have always admired people who have faith and take it upon myself to be interested and respectful about how other cultures and faiths live. We have recently moved into a new house and we have a spare room which my husband has mentioned he would like to make into a prayer room for himself and for his family/friends when they visit. He's quite busy so so far hasn't managed to do anything towards it and I was considering creating his prayer room as a surprise for him.
I know the basics: it has to be clean, no statues/pictures of living beings, near washing facilities etc but I was wondering if anyone had any other advice or guidelines for me. Candles/incense? The room already has a carpet, should it be a wooden floor instead due to the nature of carpet keeping dirt? I don't know if maybe I'm thinking too much into this but I want to create him a room that he will appreciate and enjoy :)
Thanks for your time if you've managed to get this far!
All the best

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
09-23-2016, 08:04 AM
Hello

Welcome here. U may visit your local mosque . Then u will get some tips. One comes to mind just now. U can put a book shelf and keep holy Quran there.

May God Almighty bless and guide you to the Truth.

eesa the kiwi
09-23-2016, 08:30 AM
it doesnt have to be anything special, a place for prayer should be free from as many distractions as possible, maybe a bookcase for qurans and other islamic literature
also have a look at www.islamreligion.com they have some good articles about islam, as your husband is important to you it would be a nice guesture to try learn a little bit more about his faith
welcome to this site btw inshaAllah you will find your stay here beneficial

Umm Abed
09-23-2016, 08:42 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum. It is good that you are open to helping his deen but, has he encouraged you towards Islam?

Being married to him are you intending to become muslim?, as that is very important.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
09-23-2016, 09:00 AM
Welcome to the forum.

That's nice. We often have prayer rooms in offices belonging to Muslims. They normally place an attire for prayers, a few prayer mats, a Quran on a shelf, prayer beads and an arrow pointing to the qiblah either on the ceiling or floor.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

darkbro
09-23-2016, 03:54 PM
I prefer this:

Above, the color is really calm. Basically, prayer room contains just a carpet is fine. The color what matters, if you are into designs.

Above is another example.
Btw below is inside of a masjid, if you are curious.

aaj
09-23-2016, 09:46 PM
Hi Chloe,

welcome to the forum. It's very nice of you to be that thoughtful of your husband. Others gave good ideas about what you are asking. Prayer room really is very simple, void of as much distraction as possible. A small bookshelf for Quran and maybe building islamic literature library over time is good to have. You can have either prayer mats and/or a normal plain or designed rug works as well. With rug you can just vaccuum it and keep it clean, it saves from getting the mats out as well as when you have have a group wanting to pray together (congregation). The mats help in that if you have men and women wanting to pray, either the women can prayer behind the men or they can take the mat into another room for privacy and pray there. Also, people hang islamic caligraphy art as well. If you want, here are some examples:

http://the-craft-studio.com/images/p...909_215124.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...c9451bae86.jpg
https://r-m.info/wp-content/uploads/...bic-art-28.jpg
https://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l22...pMO3L6eA1Q.jpg

and something general for the house, like this :

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...004205438.html

chow
09-25-2016, 08:24 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome and your thoughtful replies, especially the photos. You have given me a lot to think about and I'm happy that I have a better idea of what to include and am looking forward to creating the space for my husband.
All the best
Chloe

Umm Malik
09-25-2016, 11:48 PM
Welcome sister between us
Mashallah! It's a good thing you are trying to do to help your husband to do his Deen and I hope one day you will pray besides him ameeen!
Hope one day you will make roukoue and soujoud at the same time and he will be your imam in prayer and we will see you in paradise as sister in Islam
you have a good heart and if your heart open to Islam you will be a good muslimah in shallah as the prophet muhammad pace be upon him said in a hadith that the best provision of Dunya is the righteous women
And in another hadith
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “When a woman prays her five prayers, fasts her month, guards her chastity, and obeys her husband, then it will be said to her: Enter Paradise from whichever gate you wish.”

And it will be the best thing he will ever heard to see his wife the love if his life and the mother of his children preparing to live with him the eternal life ... sister we don't come to this great world just to born and die ... if you look at the universe you will know that whenever we know we still don't know so make sure that with our head we can't understand everything by our head ... but if you open your heart and read the coran from cover to cover at the end of that you will know that Allah exist and that he send to us every time a message to know that he exist .. some of us open it and know the truth .. and the others refuse it and don't want even to try
And : Unquestionably, to Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and the earth. Unquestionably, the promise of Allah is truth, but most of them do not know (55)
He gives life and causes death, and to Him you will be returned (56)
O mankind, there has come to you instruction from your Lord and healing for what is in the breasts and guidance and mercy for the believers. (57)
Say, "In the bounty of Allah and in His mercy - in that let them rejoice; it is better than what they accumulate (58)
Younous 55/57
The brothers and sisters give better than I have I hope you benefit from them
I just wanted to add something
May Allah help you and be with you and brought together your hearts and put the love in your heart as the love of muhammad pace be upon him and khdijah radeya lahu anha
Amen!
Hope we can see you in paradise with our beloved amen !
Your sister Maryam :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.