https://gingerbeardmansite.wordpress...ree-over-them/

attachmentphp?attachmentid5699&ampstc1 -

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Delete.
10-17-2016, 11:45 PM
A'salamu alaykum. JazakAllahu khayr.

noraina
10-18-2016, 09:07 AM
This statement is like *really* controversial, even among Muslims, especially among women. I recently had a bit of a discussion with someone over this very ayat from the Qur'an.

I admit, there have been some clumsy explanations given by certain misinformed people or perhaps the idea that Islam is a misogynistic religion is so established in people's minds they take offence when the differences between men and women are pointed out when they might not have jumped to conclusions so quickly.

But, the truth is, men and women are inherently and beautifully different. We are equal, but at the same time very different, and sometimes it's beyond me why some people insist on wanting to remove all of those God-given differences and removing the inherent qualities we're all given. And you only need to study a little further to see the status Islam has given women, and the equality she has with men in terms of religious duties or worldly importance, and dare I say many times I think women are given more privileges. ;)

Of course, it is a man's duty to protect and safeguard (mind, not oppress and control) the women of his family - it's a very natural feeling (I would think) and so long as he does it with justice and consideration it's an extremely noble thing. There's honestly no reason to throw up your arms in horror when it's suggested men should take care of their women. And a woman has her fair share of duties and responsibilities Islam expects her to uphold.

Okay that's my essay done :D.

greenhill
10-18-2016, 09:41 AM
People often read too much into what is written. Trying to find something that is not really there. Islam is simple.

It says about 'rights' and 'degree'. It says 'similar' There is no 'equal'. Similar is almost alike, totally apart from any correlation to being equal.

Men and women have different traits and men are tasked with caring for the women (and the weak). We have to remember the beginning, when Adam (pbuh) living in paradise, p-a-r-a-d-i-s-e and had everything, still, he noticed that everything was in pairs, and he felt lonely. He requested for a companion. So it becomes the responsibility of men. We wished for it. Hence Allah says that everyone will have their pair (can't remember where I saw this). The men, ultimately the head of the family will have to account for his lack of guidance for his family… hence 'the degree over'...

Just my thoughts..

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslim brother
10-18-2016, 08:25 PM
its explained here

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.