/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Drawing people and animals

happymuslim
09-25-2016, 05:01 AM
I hear that drawing people and animals is haraam but I have projects and stuff like that at school that requires us to do so... I have to make a comic strip and don't know what to do. I hear different opinions on it like you can't draw the face or you can't draw the head. And its getting really depressing. Its due in a day but I can't figure out what to do about this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noraina
09-25-2016, 09:43 AM
Assalamu alaykum,

I can feel you, it is a surprisingly complex issue and no clear consensus on it.

An opinion I have come across many times is that if you are drawing very cartoon-like and unrealistic pictures of people or animals then it should be okay inshaAllah, particularly if it is for educational purpose. One must exercise caution though, you mustn't make them too realistic - facial features should be very loosely done or exaggerated.

Maybe like this?

This link may help: http://en.islamtoday.net/artshow-383-3367.htm

Someone can clarify further, and Allah swt knows best.

happymuslim
09-25-2016, 10:00 AM
Jazakallah khair for the response, this clears the air

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.