/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Americans of IB, how do we prepare for a Donald Trump Presidency????

Mustafa16
09-25-2016, 06:17 AM
This terrifies me......im worried about a rise in prejudice, discrimination, white nationalism, and hate crimes....I am afraid for my muslim sisters, as they are especially vulnerable to being known as a Muslim due to their hijab......men....not so much.....what are we gonna do??????

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Little_Lion
09-25-2016, 12:23 PM
If I had the money, I would pick up and move to Oman. I don't want to be here for that.

Serinity
09-25-2016, 03:04 PM
Worst of all, if Donald trump legislates rules and allows people to hate on Muslims and do whatever...................................

I wonder what will happen if Donald Trump happens to legislate a law that allows discrimination.. If majority of people are Trump supporters, well, things won't look very bright.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-25-2016, 03:08 PM
As the time for Qiyaamah draws nearer and nearer, the Dunyaa will only get worse, not better. Donald Trump is bad enough, but whoever comes after him will be even worse.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
09-25-2016, 03:10 PM
Since things will become worse, why not just strive for the Akhira, and not indulge oneself in the dunyaa? I mean, sure have a job etc. But let our goal be the Akhira, and the meeting with Allah, and only that.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-25-2016, 03:17 PM
Of course.

Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

كن في الدنيا كأنك غريب أو عابر سبيل

"Be in this world as if you are a stranger or a wayfarer."

The term Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم uses at the end of this Hadeeth is "`Aabiru Sabeel", which can also be translated as "a traveler".

When you are a traveler, you don't settle down in a particular place. Whatever towns or countries you stop at along the way to your journey, you just pass through. As a traveler, you also don't buy lots of things; only what you need. You travel light. You don't worry that much about luxuries and conveniences in any place, because you're not going to stay there; you're just passing through.

Be in this Dunyaa like that. Just passing through. It should never have a place in your heart. When the Dunyaa enters the heart of a person, the Aakhirah leaves. Love of the Dunyaa and love of the Aakhirah cannot exist together in one heart.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-25-2016, 03:19 PM
hadith40arabic 1?w450 -

Serinity
09-25-2016, 03:58 PM
All the Prophets :as: called to worship only Allah, none else. So that is the goal. Quite simple. Yet many don't realise. The only way to succeed is to obey Allah and His Prophet :saw: , Allah's books in its original form, Angels, Akhira, Punishments, Rewards, Qadr etc.

kritikvernunft
09-25-2016, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
This terrifies me......im worried about a rise in prejudice, discrimination, white nationalism, and hate crimes....I am afraid for my muslim sisters, as they are especially vulnerable to being known as a Muslim due to their hijab......men....not so much.....what are we gonna do??????
Targeting women? Only other women would do that, but they are usually too afraid to do that, because there could be men in the neighbourhood. Seriously, it is dangerous to attack a woman, because you will usually find that men will show up. That is why a man will be afraid to attack a woman. He knows that he will be able to count on very bad reprisals, and that the other men will also get away with doing that, because they were defending a woman. The West is a feminist society, in very bad ways, but there are always some good parts in things that are otherwise bad.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.