/* */

PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO DEAL WITH THE AFTERMATH OF AN INCIDENT. MURDER,TERRORISM ALLEGATIONS ETC

muslim brother
09-25-2016, 10:44 AM
THIS is a very specialized and delicate matter,thread.
i can safely say there are very few people in the world qualified to advise on this
barristers and solicitors lawyers have the legal approach.
my experiences have taught me both the legal and slightly different approach
there is also a damage limitation and disaster after disaster approach.

yes it really is very complicated and nuanced.

ill start with a disaster after a disaster...

DISCLAIMER
obey the law of the land to the letter
this thread is about dealing with the media
dealing with the authorities,law enforcement is another matter and all laws of the land must be obeyed
regarding different states of the u.s and different countries ,know your rights and obey the law..completely

FULL PRESS CONFERENCE from San Bernardino Shooter’s Mosque

no disrespect to the elder but
was there was no one there who could speak decent english for the introduction
if its nothing to do with islam and muslims then why have a press conference in a mosque
unable to deal with the usual loaded and incendiary questions
totally unqualified people in front of cameras
no obligation to have a press conference in a mosque,but they did
in fact,there is no obligation to have a press conference
a complete disaster of epic proportions and unbelievably naive
putting mosques at the centre of attention
unbelievable

as terrorists are not produced in mosques
mosques should not be the focal point of the media

TOTAL DISASTER

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslim brother
09-25-2016, 11:10 AM
an excellent response to murder

A British Imam's Response to the Woolwich Killing

an absolute masterclass in wisdom/communication and sensitivity

shaykh shams ud duha

MuslimInshallah
09-25-2016, 01:45 PM
Assalaamu alaikum Ahmed,

(smile) These are rather long videos... but I watched most of the first one. And I agree. This illustrates well how not to conduct a news conference. Some of the problems were:

Having it in a masjid
Quoting passages in Arabic and talking as if one is giving a khutbah
Poor English language skills
Having multiple persons with no knowledge of how to speak in public, voicing largely incoherent personal opinions
Putting oneself in front of a camera, when one doesn't have anything meaningful to say

The second video has some merit for a Muslim audience, however, I don't think this is the optimal example of how to do a media interview. I would suggest that the following short (under 5 minutes) video is a better example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9dk6S7QpG4

May Allah, the Aware, Gift us with wisdom.

muslim brother
09-25-2016, 03:57 PM
jazakallah..yes ,excellent response by ihsaan gardee

the british imams response was a talk in the mosque i believe.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslim brother
10-02-2016, 01:24 PM
the importance of being specific
knowing terminology,context and sensitivities

radicalisation..in the terrorism discussion its shorthand for many reasons leading to the actual criminal act.
dictionary..over a dozen variations

being told to be a moderate muslim is an insult and patronising
we should be striving for excellence,simple

extreme..there is nothing wrong with being extremely intelligent and in being extremely proactive in being extremely beneficial to greater society

What if your extremely moderate in your use of water to save the planet
Or moderately extreme when it comes to OCD

muslim brother
10-02-2016, 01:56 PM
THE cage jihadi john disaster

http://www.cageuk.org/press-release/...made%E2%80%9D/

muslim brother
10-08-2016, 03:12 PM
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3357001.html

this mosque was in

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b076cg3d
bbc4 the deobandis part 2...

i dont know if this mosque can be even classed as deobandi

tauha qureshi....the ahmadi issue...total disaster , interviewed in the documentary

once again,if you are not able to articulate in good clear english,without an accent
if you cannot stay away from conspiracy theories and emotional outbursts.
if you do not know your own subject matter and limitations,
also if you have not asked for the questions in advance
if you are not also recording the interview with a witness with all legal rights upheld,in case of heavy editing
if you cannot handle a radio interviewer and react as if you are being grilled by MI5,

then
PLEASE DO NOT DO INTERVIEWS,leave it to the experts or men of experience and know how

muslim brother
10-13-2016, 07:15 PM
another issue on the horizon..

like the above qadiyani issue

who bears the brunt of islamaphobia on a daily basis
the ones on the trains and buses in school and colleges

british born uk imams and british born mosque leaders must come to the forefront and not be afraid to be vocal about the need to address this issue.

where should our legal and halal and effective efforts be.

muslim brother
04-27-2017, 03:10 PM
after the westminster incident some weeks ago too many muslim orgs went on the "we condemn" mantra in autopilot,without the full facts coming to light

as ive said repeatedly over the years ,is it not best to just say .."nothing to do with me/us/islam"

why constantly create an association between the actions of madmen and islam by behaving apologetically towards someone elses atrocity.

from now on i would say we condemn all illegal and immoral acts across the globe by anyone anywhere and there is no need to be asked this condescending question ever again.

Silas
04-27-2017, 04:19 PM
An outsider's view ...

Most westerners understand that a vast majority of Muslims condemn terrorism, and that most Muslims have nothing to do with extremists groups.

However, the fear is that Whabbism/Salafism is growing within Muslim communities, and that the radicals are winning over the moderates. Many people in the west also believe that Saudi Arabia is directly financing and supporting terrorist cells around the world. Regardless of the truth of this, there is a big perception problem.

Within other religious groups, violent radicals also created problems. Within Christianity, the Anabaptists sought to directly overthrow governments and were pretty violent. Ultimately, these schismatic radicals were either defeated, or their theology was toned down.

Instead of verbal denunciations, something needs to be done IMHO. Some kind of unified front against groups like ISIS is needed, as their actions tarnish the reputation of Muslims everywhere, even thought this isn't fair. Torture, slave markets, burning people ...

I don't know what the ultimate answer here is, but the perception of outsiders is that things are getting much worse inside Islam

Serinity
04-27-2017, 04:46 PM
:salam:

There is no need for us to apologize, we should just speak Islam. And lets not think we aren't oppressed in the West, because we are.

Lets do whatever necessary to be a better Muslim, to stay Muslim (I.e. show your Islam, do not fear them).

USA is a terrorist, like ISIS. THey bomb innocents, kill innocents, etc. In my eyes, USA is no different from ISIS in some ways.

Allahu alam.

Sho Islam
04-27-2017, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silas
An outsider's view ...

Most westerners understand that a vast majority of Muslims condemn terrorism, and that most Muslims have nothing to do with extremists groups.

However, the fear is that Whabbism/Salafism is growing within Muslim communities, and that the radicals are winning over the moderates. Many people in the west also believe that Saudi Arabia is directly financing and supporting terrorist cells around the world. Regardless of the truth of this, there is a big perception problem.

Within other religious groups, violent radicals also created problems. Within Christianity, the Anabaptists sought to directly overthrow governments and were pretty violent. Ultimately, these schismatic radicals were either defeated, or their theology was toned down.

Instead of verbal denunciations, something needs to be done IMHO. Some kind of unified front against groups like ISIS is needed, as their actions tarnish the reputation of Muslims everywhere, even thought this isn't fair. Torture, slave markets, burning people ...

I don't know what the ultimate answer here is, but the perception of outsiders is that things are getting much worse inside Islam
Greetings Silas

I agree in part that Muslims and non Muslims need to unite against these terrible acts of terrorism.

However, I want to ask the question have many westerners actually pondered on the motivations of these people other than 'they must have been brainwashed by Radicals'.

The fact of the matter is that more and more Muslim countries are turning into war zones, all of which have seen western governments taking advantage either by starting the war (Iraq, Afghanistan) or conveniently staying out to some degree (Yemen, Syria), all of these actions of which demonstrate the hypocrisy of western foreign policy.

This dangerous foreign policy has actually supported 'terrorists' fighting the Soviets in the '80s and now after they had used them now they want to get rid of them.

In actual fact western governments (not the western people) and its deceitful foreign policy has created these terrorists and not Islam itself.

There is an interesting article that goes into some of these aspects more below, particularly in regards to France:

http://www.arabviews.xyz/index.php/2...-to-terrorism/

I believe the way forward is first to understand that to solve this issue we cannot just distance ourselves from people who commit these horrendous attacks but we must expose those governments for their hand in the matter aswell.

muslim brother
04-28-2017, 09:13 AM
yes ,but provocation is not a justification.
foreign policies, when cited by terrorists are still a pathetic excuse, as i said in my bbc interview.
we all have grievances in life,
but we do not all react in extremely negative destructive ways.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p047bv99

Silas
04-28-2017, 02:03 PM
Many people in the west object to the foreign policies that their governments engage in, especially here in the states.

Probably less than 20% of our population supports military involvement in in the Middle East. The public is overwhelmingly against policing the world, engaging in proxy wars, aimless operations against terrorists, and yet our government still embarks on these operations. The same is true in France, where even less people support military involvement in the Middle East.

And yes, it is true that the US and Israel have covertly supported radicals and militants in the region, and even ISIS might be getting weapons and funding from Israel. It is outrageous.

And why is this? Because the American people don't control their government any longer: it is controlled by globalists, banking interests, guys like George Soros and the Rothschilds, etc.

But the other side to this story is the involvement of Saudi Arabia in this. Many believe that the Saudis were funneling money into the Clinton Foundation and supporting Obama and Hillary in return for financial and military action against secular dictators in the Middle East such as Assad, Gaddafi, and Mubarak. The assumption was that Saudi Arabia could then strengthen its position in the oil industry (as other oil-exporting nations were thrown into chaos), spread Wahhabi Islam (against other branches of Islam), and strengthen ties to the globalists under the guise of "fighting injustice".

We cannot ignore the political objectives of some of the Arab states. The deceit extends far beyond the west.

For some of these nations, blaming the west for every injustice in the world is a convenient way to distract the suffering people of their nations away from the real, immediate issues. It deflects the blame away from the government.

There are many on the Arab peninsula who are more than happy to accept military aid from the US to destroy the Houthi rebels in Yemen. They cannot then turn around and complain about western involvement in the region, or the killing of Muslims by western armies.

The radicals who then retaliate against western civilians are doing precisely what these corrupt globalists want. Such actions instill fear in western people toward Muslims, and when people are afraid, they are more likely to accept the premise that "we must fight them in the Middle-East, or they will attack us here!" It also allows western governments to impose restrictions on civil liberties, speech, etc. In the US, we have members of the Democrat Party calling for "hate speech legislation", which will quickly turn into any speech against the policies of the government. People that are afraid and irrational will accept all kids of tyranny.

Attacks against the west also strengthen the position of Israel in that the country is looked at as some kind of necessary democratic ally in a region filled with dangerous fanatics.

We must expose this entire system for what it is, and understand who is involved.

muslim brother
04-28-2017, 02:34 PM
adam curtis ..hypernormalisation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...rnormalisation

an interesting documentary on bbc i player

but back on topic
in response to your previous post,
there is a battle of ideas and power struggle within islam itself
on a micro level this is even between muslim organisations in the u.k
hence these books which ive read

battle for british islam..sara khan
the enemy within...sayeeda warsi...from my hometown
preventing extremism...hanif qadir

and then there are debates within the micro groups

but there is an inability to deal effectively with current issues,and i find this unacceptable

hence i have phases of activity and times of seclusion and introspection

Silas
04-28-2017, 04:10 PM
It seems to me that the fundamental question is really a simple one:

Within western nations, can Islam be reconciled with, and exist within, a secular representative government? Can Muslims respect the laws of the host nation while still being allowed to practice their religion and follow their cultural norms?

Obviously, there are Muslim scholars who say "yes", and others who say no. My concern, and the concern of a lot of people in the west, is that Whabbi Muslims are the ones saying "no", and going beyond this to say that Muslims can only follow Sharia law, western governments are illegitimate, and western people are infidels whom are not entitled to human rights or even respect.

Now I am not saying western democracy is perfect--it is far from it, and western governments have problems all their own, but this is the reality we live in. We have some Christian fundamentalists in the states that also cause issues.

Sho Islam
04-28-2017, 07:03 PM
There are many good points being raised here.

I completely agree with you brother that provocation in no way justifies acts of violence, on the contrary rather I have noticed even by the few posts here that one thing is quite clear.

There are people on both sides unfortunately fanning the flames of hate and retribution whether it is a government that blinds its people by instilling false fears and using that to go to war or its a terrorist group who misconstrue Islam and take advantage of people's sufferings and loss to justify violence, all of which leading into a vicious cycle.

I cannot see how more violence and even persecution from either side will end this.

I believe that both sides have justified grievances and both sides need to open up more to another and be open to discuss these grievances to find a common solution, just as a judge in a court will hear both sides of the story before passing their judgement or even how when there is a dispute between loved ones you would talk to both sides to understand the reality first and then try to find a solution to bring them together.

Arguably were not the IRA terrorist acts practically stopped when the British government finally decided to talk to them...

muslim brother
04-28-2017, 09:04 PM

Within western nations, can Islam be reconciled with, and exist within, a secular representative government? Can Muslims respect the laws of the host nation while still being allowed to practice their religion and follow their cultural norms?

Obviously, there are Muslim scholars who say "yes", and others who say no. My concern, and the concern of a lot of people in the west, is that Whabbi Muslims are the ones saying "no", and going beyond this to say that Muslims can only follow Sharia law, western governments are illegitimate, and western people are infidels whom are not entitled to human rights or even respect.

Now I am not saying western democracy is perfect--it is far from it, and western governments have problems all their own, but this is the reality we live in. We have some Christian fundamentalists in the states that also cause issues.
most of us are quite happy to live in the u.k even now.
scaremongering is a new industry both by muslim activists and the far right

muslim brother
05-23-2017, 06:38 PM
an unfortunate bump:cry:

we do not have to apologise for the actions of one man
we are not responsible

unfortunately ,many will have to return to work and possibly deal with difficult questions and conversations.
an ongoing discussion in an ongoing investigation

Futuwwa
05-23-2017, 08:43 PM

A loaded question. Those Western nations are not the "host nations" of those Muslims. That term implies it's not our country, that we are guests allowed to be here as a sufferance granted by some other, rightful owners of the country.

Singularity
05-24-2017, 04:22 AM
https://www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/ais...chester-attack

Muslim Leaders In Manchester Are Fearful That Their Communities Will Experience A Backlash

Leaders of the biggest Muslim community centres said they have been working from the early hours to reassure community members.Posted on May 23, 2017, 20:01 GMTAisha GaniImams from mosques in Manchester, after gathering Tuesday to offer prayers for the families and victims of a terror attack in their hometown, have expressed fears of a backlash on Muslim communities.With images of a suspected arson attack on a mosque circulating on social media in the wake of the suicide bombing, which killed 22, Nazmul Hussain, principal of Oldham Islamic College, told BuzzFeed News they were anticipating a rise in hate crime.Hussain, who confirmed the attack with Imam Faruq Noorani of Willow Street Mosque, said: "I feel shocked."He said that before Monday's attack, "hate crime is increasing now, graffiti, small leaflets”. He added: “When terror attacks happen, mosque attacks happen. There's correlation."It was a sombre afternoon at Victoria Park mosque, where 24 imams, councillors, and academics offered their prayers for the victims of Monday’s attack. Like others in Manchester, many were parents who were expecting anxious questions from their children when they got home in the evening.

But first there were community events, interfaith vigils, and media engagements to attend as they urged their communities to get in touch with authorities if they had any information. None of them had heard of the suspected attacker, named by police as Salman Abedi, who was born in the UK after his parents arrived from Libya.Leading the prayers was Imam Irfan Chishti, who called for unity and not allowing division or hate to form within the community."Oh Allah, innocent young children died simply for going about their own lives,” he said in Arabic. “Oh Allah, we ask you to allow those people, the perpetrators of this, the evil, evil people, to be brought to justice."It was a sentiment echoed by each leader, who, as well as grieving for the victims, offered words of comfort to each other.They told BuzzFeed News they had been up all night discussing the community response – such as organising signatures for a joint letter of condemnation – as well as trying to find out more detail of what had happened.Musa Naqvi, the secretary general of the Manchester Council of Mosques, which represents 70 mosques, and who works for the NHS, said his wife had told him an arrest was made close to his family home and was staying indoors. He said: "I never thought this would happen in Manchester.""There's a sense of panic in the community. People at work are really quiet and everyone's in a sense of shock," he said, adding he knew there were Muslim parents who had taken their children to the concert.When asked why community leaders felt the need to get together for events like these, Manchester city councillor Rabnawaz Akbar said it was about “showing grief for the children... those parents... and offer[ing] thoughts and prayers and is a tribute to local residents."

Muslims in Manchester have joined the wider community in giving blood, offering free rides in their taxis, and donating packaged meals for emergency services.Akbar added: "We are telling [terrorists] you want us to be divided and we won't be divided. We will live, study, and will continue to work.”Chishti also had a stern message for critics of Prevent, the government’s counterextremism strategy.Admitting people would not like what he had to say, he said he was “sick” of people not cooperating with the programme because of politics. "To hell with politics,” he said. “This is about people's lives."Hassan Hassan, the communications officer at Al-Furqan mosque, said: "It is a sad situation – having to always read [about attacks like this] – but we have to respond. Like others say, what makes us stronger is when we come together and put the record straight.”"Everyone here has got children,” he added. “Manchester is a small family. We received messages from the schools to collect our children straight away and they will ask questions."For Mufti Subhani, the attack has brought back painful memories of losing family members in Pakistan who were killed by the Taliban. Describing how he had lent his shoulder to carry the bodies of four loved ones, he added: "Last night I couldn't watch the images on the TV." The attack took place just a 10-minute drive from the home he shares with his wife and children.Faiz Rasul, the chairman of Victoria mosque, was visibly distressed when talking about the events of the day. "This is an attack on future generations," he said. "An attack on humanity."Aisha Gani is a senior reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.Contact Aisha Gani at Aisha.Gani@BuzzFeed.com.

muslim brother
05-24-2017, 08:19 AM
to be honest what have most people been doing for the last 12 years?

its a question for each of us to answer and reflect on.

have we educated,improved our selves and our community

muslim brother
05-25-2017, 02:51 PM
hopefully with a more proactive community
with better and more professional speakers in mosques
with a more balanced and educated youth
and less focus on foreign affairs

this will not be needed again

AbdurRahman.
05-25-2017, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
A loaded question. Those Western nations are not the "host nations" of those Muslims. That term implies it's not our country, that we are guests allowed to be here as a sufferance granted by some other, rightful owners of the country.
i think there is validity to that question; after all the 'citizenship' and 'equal rights' have been provided to us by the 'host nation'

i think muslims need to show gratitude; if UK was to make a law now to kick out all muslims, i'm sure 99.9 percent of extremists will beg on their knees for forgiveness just to be able to remain in this country rather than go back to the slum hell-hole their 3rd world country is!

Infact a father and son from pakistan who have been deported after their UK citizenship rescinded, are doing just that now; they are spending their whole life desperately trying to get back to UK and have their british nationality reinstated! :Emoji47:

Singularity
05-26-2017, 01:49 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000313

Texas Sheriff Blames Manchester Attack On Gun Laws And Political Correctness

Sheriff Tracy Murphree warns that America “will die of political correctness.”By Ed MazzaSheriff Tracy Murphree in Denton, Texas, isn’t backing down from a Facebook rant that blamed Monday’s terrorist attack at a concert in Manchester, England, on gun control laws and political correctness.“I ran on a conservative Republican platform,” he told the local CBS station. “I don’t think it should be any surprise to anyone.” Police in Manchester say the attack, which left 22 dead and dozens injured, was the work of a suicide bomber.Murphree, however, pointed his finger in a number of other directions.“This is what happens when you disarm your citizens. When you open your borders without the proper vetting,” he wrote on Facebook on Monday. “When you allow political correctness to dictate how you respond to an enemy that wants to kill you.”Murphree, who has threatened to assault members of the transgender community for using the restroom, claimed “the left” wants to “submit” to an “ideology that treats women as property, kills gays and women and christians with complete impunity.” He wrote: “Folks this is an enemy hell bent on killing you. Committed to forcing you to convert or die. This enemy will strap bombs to their own body and blow themselves up killing children. I’m sick of it. You better wake up America. While you are distracted by the media and the crying of the left, Islamic Jihadist are among us and want to kill you. What will it take? This happening at a concert in Dallas or a school in Denton County? If we don’t do something quick this country will die of political correctness and the fear that someone’s feelings may be hurt. It may very well be to late for Europe.”

The comments drew a sharp response from the local chapter of the Council on American–Islamic Relations, which called it an “Islamophobic rant.”“We call on Sheriff Murphree to reaffirm his pledge, and that of his officers, to serve and protect all Denton County residents regardless of their faith, ethnicity or national origin,” Nikiya Natale, the chapter’s civil rights director, wrote on Facebook. “We are concerned that someone obligated to provide equal justice for all holds such inaccurate, stereotypical and divisive views.”And while some of Murphree’s supporters agreed with his comments, other residents were disturbed by them. “I was shocked,” Denton resident Sarah Gramblin told the local NBC station. “I don’t trust that he’s going to treat everyone equally under the law, and that really worries me.”Murphree had called his earlier comments on assaulting transgender people in restrooms a “mistake,” told the NBC station that his post was directed at terrorists and not the Muslim community. “I stand by everything I said in that post,” he added. “I’m not backing off any word of it.”

muslim brother
05-27-2017, 05:17 PM
well theres a long list of disasters in the aftermath of the most recent atrocity

what is it with people and grabbing their "5 minutes of fame":facepalm:

muslim brother
06-02-2017, 03:06 PM
anyone from manchester willing to work with me after ramadhan,contact me
these "lads" and others will need support
the reality,the majority of people after everyone goes away will not know what do ,simply put.

Two cousins of the Manchester bomber say they had no idea he was planning his attack, which killed 22 people.
Isaac and Abz Forjani were arrested by police after the suicide bombing - and were questioned for a week - but have since been released without charge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40122572

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.