/* */

PDA

View Full Version : U.S. NEWS: Restaurant owner displays 'Muslims get out' sign

Search
09-25-2016, 07:55 PM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

Source

Restaurant owner displays 'Muslims get out' sign

(NEWSER) – Muslim families won't be offered any treats at the Treats Family Restaurant in Lonsdale, southern Minnesota: Owner Dan Ruedinger has arranged the sign board outside to read "Muslims Get Out." The sign says it is in "suport" of St. Cloud, where a Somali-American man stabbed nine people in a mall last weekend. Despite what his sign says, Ruedinger says he's not against all Muslims, only extremists. "It’s time that people started standing up, not worrying about the PC crowd and do what is right,” he tells CBS. "And I feel what we’re doing is right." Ruedinger, whose Yelp page has been inundated with negative reviews, says putting up the sign is his First Amendment right.

Ruedinger says Islam is a "religion of hatred that preaches violence"—and the Muslims who are "good people" should "hold the others accountable." The Lonsdale News-Review reports that Muslim leaders, including Jaylani Hussein of the state chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, met Ruedinger for what Hussein describes as a "short conversation." A witness says Ruedinger became agitated and started shouting about his son's service in Iraq. Hussein says thousands of Muslims were "shocked and appalled" by the St. Cloud attack and they will continue to try to reach out to Ruedinger.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Serinity
09-25-2016, 08:01 PM
:salam:

Violent Muslims = True Muslims.
Peaceful Muslims = sell outs.

Anyone?

Seems like that is the picture......... Obviously a false one. Whether violent or not, peaceful or not, a Muslim is a Muslim.

The solution is: Preach Islam, teach people about Islam. And Allah :swt: knows best.

Search
09-25-2016, 08:02 PM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

Source

WOMAN MET WITH OWNER ABOUT "MUSLIMS GET OUT" SIGN

Sunday, September 25, 2016 07:38AM

ROCHESTER, MN (KTRK) --

Earlier this week, there was a sign outside of a Lonsdale, MN restaurant that read, "Muslims get out."

The owner of the restaurant says he put the sign out to show support for victims of the St. Cloud mall stabbing, where a Muslim man injured several people. The sign has received both negative and positive feedback.

One thing is for sure, it captured the attention of Regina Mustafa, a Muslim woman who founded the Community Interfaith Dialogue on Islam in Rochester and does a lot of interfaith work around the state.

Regina decided to make a trip to Lonsdale in the hopes of meeting face-to-face with the owner. She took to Facebook Live to document her feelings, saying she was nervous but knew it was something she had to do.

"What was shocking was when we got there, we realized the sign was different than the image we had seen on the internet because now it said, "Muslims get out of the USA," she says. "So not just his restaurant, now he wants them all out of the entire country."

With a bouquet of flowers and card in-hand, Regina entered the restaurant alone and quietly asked to talk to the owner.

"The last thing I wanted to do was disturb his business, or be disrespectful to the people, or cause a scene, I just wanted to talk to him," she says.

When she did, she noted that both the owner and his wife were polite, kind, and despite it being a busy night, they gave her a few minutes to talk about the sign. She says he told her the sign is referring to "extremists" and not all Muslims.

"I said to him, "don't you think it's just better to take down the sign than to keep it up when it apparently doesn't reflect what you really mean." I pleaded to him, I said "I'm a mother, I have two young children and what would it do if my son were to see that sign?" And he said, "oh you and your family are welcomed here any time.""

Regina says she is glad that she went, even if the sign will not be changed.

Serinity
09-25-2016, 08:11 PM
I think it is important that we approach such issues with understanding. Not being harsh, nor appearing weak.

Be firm, yet gentle and soft. Understanding etc. Basically, use wisdom to determine the best course of action. That is what Islam tells us, right?

Hate and Love for the sake of Allah. What does that mean? Does it mean to have your nafs hate and love? Idk.................. Not sure.

Allahu alam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
09-25-2016, 09:07 PM
i have no words to describe how i feel..

gun club freaks the lot of em.

maybe its reverse psychology again.

...i dunno.

brave lady even if she doesnt know it..

reminds me of the art gallery incident where there was an exhibition of drawings on the prophet pbuh..

where two armed men turned up and were promptly killed.

maybe you just have to be really determined to visit America.

jabeady
10-04-2016, 05:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
gun club freaks the lot of em.
Hey! That's me!

kritikvernunft
10-04-2016, 06:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
Violent Muslims = True Muslims. Peaceful Muslims = sell outs. Anyone?
Since I live in a territory with almost no Muslims -- just a few local ones who do not even speak the local language because they prefer to use their own, ancient dialect, while they also keep to themselves -- I can probably consider myself an "internet Muslim".

Violence is either the lesser or the greater evil. Hence, it is never a strategic choice, because the greater evil could disappear, making violence the new greater evil, or the formerly lesser evil could no longer be an option, making violence the new lesser evil. Hence, I cannot identify with the merely tactical choices that you propose, as they are inspired by the arbitrary situation that emerges from always changing circumstances. It is also obviously clear that two different people evaluating the same circumstances could perfectly-well arrive at different conclusions. The one person will conclude that violence is the greater evil and the other one will say that it is the lesser one.

When I am not on the producing -nor receiving end of violence, there is also the question: Why would the issue even be important to me? Many people even watch movies just to see one person bludgeoning to death another one. It even seems to be a widespread source of enjoyment. The Romans used to pay gladiators to fight with each other, to try to chop off the adversary's limbs, and to inflict him with other excruciating pains. It was big business with a lot of money floating around. If you consider that lots of people pay good money to watch violence, maybe it is normal that we are at least a bit indifferent to it? So, now I am asking myself the question: Why is it that I do not seem to care? Therefore, you actually forgot one possible option: violent, peaceful or .... indifferent?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
10-04-2016, 10:31 AM
Depends what the person's definition of violence is, also.

Fighting is part of Islaam. There are many times when a person has to fight. Let's say someone tries attacks you, for example. What will you do? Stand still and let him kill you, because you "don't advocate violence"? You're a "peaceful Muslim"? Obviously not. You'll fight back. So fighting is there, and peace is there. Many times, peace can only be achieved through fighting. That man who is attacking you: your "peace" has now been ruined. How will you get it back? You have to fight him to get it back.

What do the police and army do? The police will even shoot people dead, all for the sake of "Maintaining the peace." It's like the Colt Single Action Army, A.K.A. "The Peacemaker". Sometimes, a gun is required to obtain peace.

Gandhi's ideology does not work in the real world. It only encourages oppressors to increase in their oppression, because they know that the victim is weak and won't do anything.

والسلام

M.I.A.
10-04-2016, 11:40 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...e-1937411.html

..it works.

im kidding...

really

Huzaifah ibn Adam
10-04-2016, 01:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
Yes, that's something many people don't know, or know but overlook. Gandhi was an extremely perverted individual.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
10-04-2016, 02:12 PM
He was a sell-out on top of it. Helping the Brits in their war here in SA.

Serinity
10-04-2016, 03:45 PM

Fight or talk when appropriate. Sometimes one has to fight, even if he dislikes it.

And Allah :swt: knows best

Huzaifah ibn Adam
10-04-2016, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

Fight or talk when appropriate. Sometimes one has to fight, even if he dislikes it.

And Allah :swt: knows best
كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الْقِتَالُ وَهُوَ كُرْهٌ لَكُمْ وَعَسَى أَنْ تَكْرَهُوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ خَيْرٌ لَكُمْ وَعَسَى أَنْ تُحِبُّوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ شَرٌّ لَكُمْ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ وَأَنْتُمْ لَا تَعْلَمُونَ

"Qitaal (Fighting) has been ordained upon you, though you dislike it. And it may be that you dislike a thing but it is good for you, and it may be that you like a thing but it is bad for you. And Allaah knows, and you do not know." [Soorah al-Baqarah, 2:216]

Scimitar
10-04-2016, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الْقِتَالُ وَهُوَ كُرْهٌ لَكُمْ وَعَسَى أَنْ تَكْرَهُوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ خَيْرٌ لَكُمْ وَعَسَى أَنْ تُحِبُّوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ شَرٌّ لَكُمْ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ وَأَنْتُمْ لَا تَعْلَمُونَ

"Qitaal (Fighting) has been ordained upon you, though you dislike it. And it may be that you dislike a thing but it is good for you, and it may be that you like a thing but it is bad for you. And Allaah knows, and you do not know." [Soorah al-Baqarah, 2:216]
there is a context to this, please help explain it to them, shaikh.

Scimi

Huzaifah ibn Adam
10-04-2016, 05:39 PM
The context is that the Muslims had been suffering for a very long time (13 years) under the Mushrikeen of Makkah. They were tortured, boycotted, mocked at, insulted, assaulted, and every kind of atrocity was done to them. During this time, they were commanded to adopt Sabr. Then, Allaah Ta`aalaa - in His Infinite Rahmah - opened for them the door of Jihaad. When this Aayah was revealed, Jihaad became Fardh. Muslims were commanded to rise up and defend themselves. That is known as defensive Jihaad. At the same time, Offensive Jihaad became Fardh `alal Kifaayah. Fardh `alal Kifaayah is such an obligation that, if some people do it, the obligation falls from the rest of the Muslims. Offensive Jihaad is done under the instruction of a Khaleefah. So when there is a Khilaafah, and a Khaleefah, he will instruct a group of Mujaahideen to undertake offensive Jihaad to spread the dominion of Islaam.

When the command of Jihaad came, the Mufassiroon mention that all of the previous Aayaat commanding having Sabr over the harms you receive became Mansookh (abrogated). Imaam Zaahid al-Kawthari says that when the Aayat of Qitaal was revealed, 70 Aayaat of the Qur'aan were abrogated (those commanding tolerance over the harm, etc). Others, like Saahib-ul-Itqaan (Imaam Jalaal-ud-Deen as-Suyooti), mention that 124 Aayaat were abrogated by the Aayat of Qitaal (the Aayah commanding fighting in Jihaad).

Huzaifah ibn Adam
10-04-2016, 05:39 PM
People try to explain away Jihaad but it cannot be explained away. It is there, whether people like it or not.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.