/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it a good idea to get a degree from Islamic online University in the US?

Mustafa16
09-25-2016, 09:55 PM
I want to major in Business administration and get a certification in Islamic finance, and work for an Islamic bank......Islamic online university is free of charge except for a sign up fee, is globally accredited, and is run by Shaykh Bilal Phillips......My mother was not okay with it when I asked her.....but my imam tried to convince her, and she seemed partially okay with it.....I am just worried more so about the job prospects....could I get a job with an Islamic Online University degree? btw, I live in the US.....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Little_Lion
09-25-2016, 11:20 PM
The credits would not transfer anywhere in the US, nor would the degree itself be recognized by any major banking or investment firm in the US. That is NOT to say the classes are useless; I am sure they are excellent. But I would do it in conjunction with getting a traditional degree from an American school, unless you are planning on moving somewhere that recognizes IOU, which is pretty much Africa.

Look carefully at their accreditation credentials, and decide for yourself if you think they would be accepted here. http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.c...reditation.php

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.