/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I stop having violent fantasies?

Mustafa16
09-27-2016, 01:21 AM
I often am so filled with rage at what is going on in Turkey, and my mom knows some Turkish people who live nearby who are AKP supporters, so I fantasize about---......I don't want to have these thoughts, and whenever I ask my mother for help she just yells at me......and feels ashamed of me.....BUT....BUT....with all the injustice going on in Turkey, how can I not feel these thoughts?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Serinity
09-27-2016, 02:01 AM
:salam:

Dude. Bro. Rape is a major sin, don't do it, you may incur the wrath of Allah since it is a major sin. idk tho. Allahu alam.

Just think of cars or something else. Politics are for adults. Vioelnce is bad, do some sport.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Search
09-27-2016, 02:11 AM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

Brother, you are an autistic teenager. 17 is a hard age to be for anybody but especially your autism makes these thoughts in you attain an obsessive direction and thereby feel worse; you should recognize both of these things. Then, please, please, please don't ever harm yourself or others or even think such a thing because despite what you may think, this is absolutely haram (forbidden) and forbid you from entering Paradise.

Remember, brother, that you are a Muslim. You should understand and internalize what it actually and truly means to be a Muslim. To be a Muslim means "one who submits."

Allah in the Quran (4:135) is talking to you, brother, when Allah says:

"O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm in justice, witnesses for Allah , even if it be against yourselves or parents and relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is more worthy of both. So follow not [personal] inclination, lest you not be just. And if you distort [your testimony] or refuse [to give it], then indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted."

Brother, you fantasies are dangerous. Are the people whom you're fantasizing about killing not human beings, not brothers or fathers of someone like you or not sisters and mothers of someone like you?

Also, brother, talking about taking women as "sex slaves" is a very, very, very disgusting thing to think and as a woman it fills me with sadness that any man would think of women so little that he would see them as bodies to rape and not as human beings. In the time of Prophet :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him), even war captives who were women were people who were treated with all due honor and justice. They had the same status and honor as that of Biblical Hajar of Abraham :as: (peace be upon him). Please read post #39, post #100, and post #102.

Secondly, I'm a Sunni; and I do not have hatred for Assad regime or his armies, because I know that they are human beings. Human beings are not whom we should hate, but we should hate their bad actions. If we do not make this differentiation, then we're liable to fall into anger against specific persons and become unjust ourselves just like Daesh. Whenever we have an issue or concern, we need to go back to the Quran and Sunnah (prophetic footsteps) and understand what Prophet :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) wants for us.

A hadith (prophetic tradition) says, “A man said to the Prophet :saws:, peace be upon him, ‘Give me advice.’ The Prophet :saws:, peace be upon him, said, ‘Do not get angry.’ The man asked repeatedly and the Prophet :saws:, peace be upon him, answered each time, ‘Do not get angry.’”

With any injustice, we have the choice to either be a servant to God or be a servant to our bad desires such as anger, hatred, or pride. What should we choose? We should choose the choice that allows us to be true servants of God, giving up anger, hatred, and pride, which are all negative characteristics that lead to prejudice and irrational mindsets.

So, brother, whenever you have these angry thoughts, please make wudu (ablution) and recite tawuz ("I seek Allah's protection from Satan") and lie down and also keep these thoughts to yourself because words spoken aloud gain power and should instead be made to be forgotten. Brother, your greatest mistake is to think these thoughts are not under your control when they are; divert your angry thoughts with something better, something beneficial. Remember the Quran (41:34-35) says, Not equal are the good deed and the bad deed. Repel evil by that which is better, and then the one who is hostile to you will become as a devoted friend. But none is granted it except those who are patient and none is granted it except one having a great fortune."

Why?

1. Prophet :saws:, peace and blessings be upon him, “Anger comes from the devil, the devil was created from fire, and fire is extinguished only with water. So when one of you becomes angry, he should make wudu (ablution).”
2. The Prophet :saws:, peace and blessings be upon him, said, "I know a word, the saying of which will cause him to relax, if he does say it. If he says: 'I seek Refuge with Allah from Satan' then all his anger will go away."
3. The Prophet :saws:, peace and blessings be upon him, said, "When one of you becomes angry while standing, he should sit down. If the anger leaves him, well and good; otherwise he should lie down."
4. The Prophet :saws:, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “If one of you becomes angry then he should stay silent.”

Brother, finally, be patient and make duas (supplications) for those whom you perceive as your enemies also because Prophet :saws:, peace and blessings be upon him, made duas (supplications) for people of Taif when they'd tortured and humiliated him, and it is due to this dua (supplication) that those same people in later generations became Muslims.

Also, if you ever feel absolutely bad and have uncontrollable thoughts, then please do not ever hesitate to PM me, and I'll be happy to walk you through those thoughts in a way that result in you feeling better God-willing. Always remember, brother, that we're Muslim and that means we're to "submit to God."

format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
I often am so filled with rage at what is going on in Turkey, and my mom knows some Turkish people who live nearby who are AKP supporters, so I fantasize about ---......I don't want to have these thoughts, and whenever I ask my mother for help she just yells at me......and feels ashamed of me.....BUT....BUT....with all the injustice going on in Turkey, how can I not feel these thoughts?

:wa: (And peace be upon you)

Serinity
09-27-2016, 02:38 AM
Remember, you are a slave of Allah, not yourself.

Therefore we hate for the sake of Allah - we do not hate with our nafs - nor do we ax
ct upon our nafs. Even when fighting in battle one should subside his nafs and do it for Allah.

So are u doing this for Allah or for your own nafs? U know it, your nafs. Never obey your nafs and never hate people with your nafs.

Hatred with your nafs brings disease. And Allah did not command us to hate people. Now you may feel like hating someone, but is that for Allah or yourself?

Secondly, only by never listening to our nafs and only Allah can we be just. Only in the obedience and for the sake of Allah..... Allahu alam.

A true warrior is the one who goes out on the batttlefield with his desires subdued. Do you know what Ali :ra: did? The enemy spat on him, and he stopped himself from killing an enemy of Islam when he could have. Why? Because we are only to act according to Allah, not our desires, ever. If he was to kill that disbeliever while he was angry at the fact he spat, he would have killed him out of vengeance for his own self, and not to spread Justice, as Allah ordained. So instead of doing it for Allah, if he was to kill him at that moment, his intentions for killing would have been swayed to his anger.

Personal inclination brings injustice.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
drac16
09-27-2016, 03:25 AM
Salam alaykum

My dear brother, this is something to need to talk to Allah about. He knows best what can help you. I also suffer from violent fantasies-- and have been for years. What helps me is aromatherapy. I burn incense and it helps me relax. Give it a try, insha Allah. Buy some incense and burn a stick of incense next time you feel like hurting others.

Umm Abed
09-27-2016, 03:50 AM
:wa:

Distract your thoughts from violence. Keep this ayah in mind, it appears in Surah Maa'idah in the Qur'an:

"O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allah, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to do wrong and (nor should you) depart from justice. Be just: that is next to piety: and fear Allah. For Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do."

Yahya.
09-27-2016, 04:27 PM
Subhanallah. Having such thoughts and openly joking about it aren't the same thing. You should once look at the matter objectively, Gulenists aren't innocent either, many Muslims were imprisoned under the label of terrorism by their judges, while a great part of them hadn't any ties to any organization, let alone terror organizations.

anatolian
09-27-2016, 04:55 PM
...how can I not feel these thoughts?
Talk to your doctor about that and listen his advices. I am serious.

Eric H
09-27-2016, 05:56 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Mustafa16;

You seem to have a great sense of justice, in this angry world. But history shows that even people who have a keen sense of justice, can become the very thing they hate and fear the most.

The Jews suffered a great injustice under the Nazi regime, you would think they learned it is horrible to be an oppressed people. Yet within a generation, the Jews seem to be doing to the Palestinians; very much the same as the Nazi had done to them, admittedly on a smaller scale.

We can spread more anger and injustice if we hold millions of people accountable for atrocities. America seemed to hold the whole of Afghanistan and Iraq accountable for 9/11.

Only Allah knows who is guilty, we have no right to take justice into our own hands.

Pray for the AKP supporters, that they will also find peace.

In the spirit of praying to a just and merciful God.

Eric

M.I.A.
09-27-2016, 06:13 PM
its funny because somebody speculated at what would happen if trump attacked the holy city..

if they would wish a response similar to what happened after 9/11..

i dont know!

imposing of views is a difficult thing to do.

changing the situation even harder.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-russ...u-n-1474472584

...they dont "seem" to be evil.. although everyone protects there own interests if they can..

a cynical view from a skewed perspective..

is there a certain innocence in ignorance?

which creates a hell of a paradox.

may allah swt have mercy upon us.

I often am so filled with rage at what is going on in Turkey, and my mom knows some Turkish people who live nearby who are AKP supporters, so I fantasize about ---...I don't want to have these thoughts, and whenever I ask my mother for help she just yells at me......and feels ashamed of me.....BUT....BUT....with all the injustice going on in Turkey, how can I not feel these thoughts?
ironically you cant kill the devil..

just make yours the places he cant live.

Muslim Woman
09-28-2016, 04:26 AM
I have joked at school about taking over turkey ......I have also joked about taking akp women as sex slaves....(ma malakat aymanukum)......
:sl:

Try to concentrate on your studies and prayers. Thinking even if jokingly about women as sex slaves , you are giving a bad and wrong impressions about Islam . You need to study about this topic if want to discuss it with others .

Engage yourself with positive works. Do u go to mosque daily ? How many chapters from holy Quran do u memorize ? Do u know meaning of the Surah u recite in salat ?

Make dua for our oppressed sisters and brothers all over the world.

Stop joking about rape and murder. People may take it seriously and call police.

I think you have already got some good advices. So , :threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.