/* */

PDA

View Full Version : GINGERBEARDMAN - ALREADY NOTICING THE DIFFERENCE

GINGERBEARDMAN
09-27-2016, 02:03 PM
https://gingerbeardmansite.wordpress...he-difference/

Umar ibn Al Khattab (radiallahu anhu) saw a man with a huge belly and said: “What is this?” He said, “A blessing from Allah.” He said, “Rather it is a punishment from Allah.”

Manaaqib Ameer al-Mu’mineen, p.200

Assalaamu Alaykum brothers and sisters,

Those who have known me for a while know I occasionally go on a diet regime, it lasts for a short time, somewhere between weeks to months, I lose some weight, I do walk a lot anyway, so I do a little bit more exercise, eat healthily ish but soon enough I slack off and my big fat reserves and and overly large waistline comes back again within a few months or at most a year...

Full article linked top of the post

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
09-27-2016, 02:08 PM
this reminds me, Irn Bru.

Keep at it my bro, hard work pays off in sha Allah.

I love Irn Bru

Scimi

noraina
09-27-2016, 02:16 PM
Those pictures! :D Poor things.

To lose weight, or to even become fit the 'healthy' way (not through any fad diets or anything) does require patience and dedication. Within a few months, your body will become accustomed to the exercise and then the effect will really start showing inshaAllah. You just need to keep up at it and not lose hope because it's not happening as fast as you would want it to.

noraina
09-27-2016, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar

I love Irn Bru

Scimi
The soft drink?

I don't know why it's so popular in my community :D, almost like Vimto is for the Arabs.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
09-27-2016, 02:39 PM
I love it, lol

Scimi

czgibson
09-27-2016, 03:38 PM
Greetings,

I love Irn Bru
Irn Bru is delicious but it's very sugary. When I lived in Scotland I drank way too much of it.

Peace

Eric H
09-27-2016, 06:36 PM
Hello GINGERBEARDMAN,

The dreaded diet and exercise thread looms again, I am 67, and probably about 25 -30 pounds overweight. When I was your age, I was incredibly fit, doing endurance events of up to a hundred hours, I was skinny and used to eat huge amounts, my weight did not change. I didn't realize at the time, that I was gradually reducing the amount of exercise, but the food intake remained the same, and the pounds piled on, without me noticing.

Although I am still pretty fit, I would like to loose those pounds, I know that if I lost those extra pounds I would be so much fitter. This is just a cautionary bit of advice by someone who should have known better. We fight these battles throughout our entire life.

Drinking water before a meal, and eating slower can help.

Serinity
09-27-2016, 06:51 PM
Is it true that, even if you have a high metabolism, when you age, you can really become fat?

not that I have one. One needs to excersise. :D

I don't like eating much...... But then my mom says I don't eat much. But fact is - why eat much when you don't excersise? (I know I should)

But I see it like this:

Big workout? Big calories.
No workout? Don't overeat.

I want to start again.

noraina
09-27-2016, 08:10 PM
I'm told at my age weight gain is not a major issue, it is when you reach 30 that it becomes difficult. I exercise alhamdulillah and do make sure I eat a balanced diet, as I don't want to find out just how fast (or slow) my metabolism is, lol.

I can walk for miles and hours without getting tired - I'm from a family that enjoys long walks :D.

Although my father looks at my portions sometimes and says I eat like a bird, I think I make that up for the amount of chocolate I eat though.

GINGERBEARDMAN
09-28-2016, 10:04 AM

I love Irn Bru

Scimi
NO! Keep me away from the fizzies!

GINGERBEARDMAN
09-28-2016, 10:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
Is it true that, even if you have a high metabolism, when you age, you can really become fat?

not that I have one. One needs to excersise. :D

I don't like eating much...... But then my mom says I don't eat much. But fact is - why eat much when you don't excersise? (I know I should)

But I see it like this:

Big workout? Big calories.
No workout? Don't overeat.

I want to start again.
don't know, never had a high metabolism. My brother had a high metabolism and still at over 40 can eat like a horse and then run or cycle for miles, he was the centre or even sometimes winger at rugby, I was 2nd row or prop. Just not built for speed.

Scimitar
09-28-2016, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Irn Bru is delicious but it's very sugary. When I lived in Scotland I drank way too much of it.

Peace
Something strange happens to me when I see it's orange golden fizz in a bottle, hand goes into pockets and in an hypnotic state, I purchase it.

:D

Scimi

noraina
09-28-2016, 05:11 PM
That beautiful orange goldness comes from Sunset Yellow :Emoji36: Altho at this very moment there's a bottle of it on our kitchen table, ready to be opened.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.