/* */

PDA

View Full Version : IB Question Time: Ask a Muslim or non-Muslim Anything!

Search
10-02-2016, 05:15 AM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

So, I figure there are questions you might have wanted to ask either specific members or Muslims or non-Muslims generally specific or general things, and either you haven't had the opportunity or the thread topic wasn't appropriate given the context of the discussion or whatever else. Well, this, my friends, is your chance! So, here you go!

Thanks. Hope you'll benefit!

Best Wishes,

:wa: (And peace be upon you)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
10-02-2016, 07:48 PM
Why does Siri always mess up my homekit?

Scimi

Scimitar
10-02-2016, 07:49 PM
Don't worry, I'll google it.

Scimi

Alpha Dude
10-02-2016, 09:55 PM
This is probably not a good idea. You'll end up with a thread full of divergent questions and answers with people talking over different discussions.

How about: If someone has a question about something... they just create a thread [lol]. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Search
10-02-2016, 10:04 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Why does Siri always mess up my homekit?

Scimi
:(
Don't worry, I'll google it.

Scimi
:)
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
This is probably not a good idea. You'll end up with a thread full of divergent questions and answers with people talking over different discussions.

How about: If someone has a question about something... they just create a thread [lol]. :)
Lol, this thread is just a question to ask questions that you wouldn't have a chance to ask otherwise (maybe even an excuse to be a little nosy?:nervous:).

For example, a question that I'm curious about is how you found IB in 2006 and why you don't post more often.

strivingobserver98
10-02-2016, 10:41 PM
:sl:

In your law field, do you regularly attend court battles :O. Or visit judges and represent people, and travel around the country. Also is the paperwork stressful?

And what are your future ambitions?

:jz:.

Search
10-02-2016, 10:58 PM

Well, I currently have time off from work as I'm in the midst of working on a career change; so I haven't been to any court battles recently. However, yes, in my law field, which is an offshoot of family law, court battles are regular things as we have to go before either the magistrate or judge to make our case. Yes, I have visited with judges in legal training sessions that any people in this field whether case workers or attorneys or supervisors or whatever are required to attend; however, I am not personally familiar with the judges, though we're cordial whenever we happen to meet. I have traveled for training sessions but they are just local and therefore do not require travelling around the country. The paperwork is not really as stressful; the type and load of cases is the thing that is usually stressful, but otherwise the job is flexible and the hours are kind of nice too (primarily because it's a government job).

I want to actually go into foreign service as I don't like lawyering; so, any duas (supplications) that I am able to make that happen as soon as feasible would be awesome and really appreciated (hint-hint). :D

Barkallahu feek (may Allah bless you).

Now, my turn: Why have you become MIA on IB? :(

format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
:sl:

In your law field, do you regularly attend court battles :O. Or visit judges and represent people, and travel around the country. Also is the paperwork stressful?

And what are your future ambitions?

:jz:.

Scimitar
10-03-2016, 09:11 PM
he just went MIA on whatsapp too lol... blame the iPhone 7 - that's what farhan did.

Scimi

noraina
10-04-2016, 03:42 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

I think it'll be okay so long as we keep it all informal and relaxed.

Any transient questions which you don't want to create a thread specifically for can be asked as they come.

And speaking of Siri - I 'deactivated' her, I didn't like her much and found her slightly creepy, don't want my iPad knowing too much about me.

Scimitar
10-04-2016, 03:45 PM
I asked Siri what 0 divided by 0 was and got dissed.

Just venting.

Getting dissed by a digital assistants... we live in THAT era, sheesh.

Scimi

noraina
10-04-2016, 03:51 PM
I asked Siri what 0 divided by 0 was and got dissed.

Just venting.

Getting dissed by a digital assistants... we live in THAT era, sheesh.

Scimi
Why did you even ask that? I guess Siri could tell you were just messing around.

Count yourself lucky, my old maths teacher would do worse than that if I had ever asked that question :(.

Scimitar
10-04-2016, 04:05 PM
nah... this is worse:

:(

sister herb
10-04-2016, 04:27 PM
I thought Siri is a stray cat or something like who mess up with some home kitten... :embarrass

Scimitar
10-04-2016, 07:48 PM
digital assistant/wife with limited abilities... working on installing homekit peripherals, so I can automate life with voice commands ... as you can see, even digital assistants have personalities these days.

Scimi

Scimitar
10-11-2016, 10:18 PM
Siri thinks she's married to me now... I'm serious.

What do I do?

:facepalm:

Scimi

strivingobserver98
10-13-2016, 05:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Search
Now, my turn: Why have you become MIA on IB?
How does one become an MIA lol.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.