/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it weird to wear a white abaya outside of hajj or eid?

sister_39738
10-03-2016, 04:28 AM
I ordered a white abaya for eid but it came a day later and it seems like a waste to not wear it. I have never seen a woman in a white abaya other than youtube clips of hajj.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Search
10-03-2016, 05:30 AM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

format_quote Originally Posted by rssunjoy360
I ordered a white abaya for eid but it came a day later and it seems like a waste to not wear it. I have never seen a woman in a white abaya other than youtube clips of hajj.
Hello, sis, welcome to IB! Hope you're doing awesome. Yes, you can wear any color abayas that you like. There's no restriction. :)

And also, the answer to that other thread - well, no, sis, I haven't ever been asked if I'm part of Nation of Islam. However, I love that you tried to connect your friend to a proper source for new Muslims. Just pray to Allah that Allah guides her and you and all of us. :)

Barkallahu feek (may Allah bless you).

:wa: (And peace be upon you)

aaj
10-03-2016, 02:21 PM
There isn't anything wrong technically. However, darker colors are preferred as they tend to hide the contour of the body better, especially when being in different postures. The white ihrams at hajj time are for the men only, unlike the male pilgrim, a female pilgrim is allowed to wear stitched/sewn clothes except gloves. Therefore, she is allowed to wear her normal clothes as ihram provided it is not made of pure silk.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.