/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lies, deception, and the destruction of Muslim nations

AabiruSabeel
10-04-2016, 06:34 PM
:salam:

According to http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...da-videos.html

The Pentagon gave a controversial U.K. PR firm over half a billion dollars to run a top secret propaganda program in Iraq ...

Bell Pottinger produced reams of material for the Pentagon, some of it going far beyond standard communications work.

There were three types of media operations commonly used in Iraq at the time, said a military contractor familiar with Bell Pottinger’s work there.

“White is attributed, it says who produced it on the label,” the contractor said. “Grey is unattributed, and black is falsely attributed. These types of black ops, used for tracking who is watching a certain thing, were a pretty standard part of the industry toolkit.”

The work consisted of three types of products. The first was television commercials portraying al Qaeda in a negative light. The second was news items which were made to look as if they had been “created by Arabic TV,” Wells said. Bell Pottinger would send teams out to film low-definition video of al Qaeda bombings and then edit it like a piece of news footage. It would be voiced in Arabic and distributed to TV stations across the region, according to Wells.

The American origins of the news items were sometimes kept hidden. Revelations in 2005 that PR contractor the Lincoln Group had helped the Pentagon place articles in Iraqi newspapers, sometimes presented as unbiased news, led to a Department of Defense investigation.

The third and most sensitive program described by Wells was the production of fake al Qaeda propaganda films. He told the Bureau how the videos were made. He was given precise instructions: “We need to make this style of video and we’ve got to use al Qaeda’s footage,” he was told. “We need it to be 10 minutes long, and it needs to be in this file format, and we need to encode it in this manner.”

Lord Bell told the Sunday Times he was “proud” of Bell Pottinger’s work in Iraq. “We did a lot to help resolve the situation,” he said. “Not enough. We did not stop the mess which emerged, but it was part of the American propaganda machinery.”

Whether the material achieved its goals, no one would ever really know, said Wells. “I mean if you look at the situation now, it wouldn’t appear to have worked. But at the time, who knows, if it saved one life it [was] a good thing to do.”

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
10-04-2016, 07:24 PM
the wicked west... making muslims look thick since the east india trading company.

..at least.

who can complain?

...to whom can you complain?

when most of us only keep each other down.. through no fault of our own.

if it ain't the guberment

..its the elitests

..the rich

...the poor o_0

...the imams

...the scholars

..the banker

...the market trader and the thief

seriously if they asked us to stand in straight rows it would probably be difficult for most of us..

or am i just speaking for myself?

literally no point being on a losing side.. one that does not spend money in the right places..

spend time thinking about the right things.

....maybe someone would say that every stratagem of war should be used.

...but most would keep the money and sell you off instead.

the end.

edit..

if you have to live through things twice..

do em right the first time.

is that too much to ask?

not ready for it apparently.

i dont have the backing.. im always struggling against the wind.

..who wrote your money?

muslim brother
10-04-2016, 08:04 PM
THE MUSLIM VICTIM INDUSTRY HAS NO HISTORICAL PRECEDENT

the victim mentality is unislamic.totally
.i dont need to to tell readers of the history of islam and the trials of prophets and sahabas and more.
everyone has trials in life,absolutely everyone..the poor,the disabled,the homeless,even the rich,the childless,the ones with cancer,the ones without limbs,without eyes,without hearing,some have parkinsons,autism,polio,spina bifida, leukemia and the list goes on and on
.children are bullied to suicide for big ears,a big nose,untrendy trainers,not having the latest phone.
adults are bullied and mocked for their banger of a car,not so fantastic house,low social status and more
people with stutters,and birthmarks with alopecia,cleft lips,speech impediments,are bullied too.some also to suicide.
if you cant afford a school trip,your dad drives a banger,you get bullied,again possibly to horrible consequences
there is racial,social status,gender,even football team bullying.
i can go on and on everyone has problems ,everyone has a story.
but it appears now muslim organisations are taking the lead in the "victim industry"..
shall we start to call our prophet s.a.w. a victim
the sahabah r.a.?
hazrat bilal r.a. ?
Islam has always been challenged from the time of the prophet muhammad salalahualyhiwassalam yet we still whine and complain despite knowing this history of struggles
have we not learnt anything from the lives of the prophets, the sahabahs, .
even our dear beloved prophet s.a.w. was mocked and jeered because all his sons passed away.by allah taalas command.
he was even mocked in front of his wives r.a.
how did he s.a.w. react

.please tell me who on this planet has not been tested.please.
will a muslim not be rewarded for even a thorn prick,a mild headache.have we forgotten that trials are from allah taala to make us travel to allah taala.
no one is saying stop oppression.
just do it like men...like the sahabah r.a.
by returning to allah taala and the sunnah of huzoor s.a.w.
by analysing our own condition
by addressing the rot in our own communities
by self reformation and dealing with our own problems with honesty, effective proactivity and courage.
i read somewhere one sahabah said i fear my sins more than i fear my own enemy.
but we dont want to talk about the sins and crimes and failings of our own community do we?

ON MY BLOG

M.I.A.
10-04-2016, 08:23 PM
agreed.

a man that knows he is judged on his sins..

also knows allah swt is well aware of him.

the weight of management positions.

may allah swt be pleased with them.

But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked

luke 12:48

...and im not even Christian

at some point it might be common sense..

but it aint so common.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Born_Believer
10-07-2016, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ibn-Adam
:salam:

According to http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...da-videos.html
The Pentagon gave a controversial U.K. PR firm over half a billion dollars to run a top secret propaganda program in Iraq ...

Bell Pottinger produced reams of material for the Pentagon, some of it going far beyond standard communications work.

There were three types of media operations commonly used in Iraq at the time, said a military contractor familiar with Bell Pottinger’s work there.

“White is attributed, it says who produced it on the label,” the contractor said. “Grey is unattributed, and black is falsely attributed. These types of black ops, used for tracking who is watching a certain thing, were a pretty standard part of the industry toolkit.”

The work consisted of three types of products. The first was television commercials portraying al Qaeda in a negative light. The second was news items which were made to look as if they had been “created by Arabic TV,” Wells said. Bell Pottinger would send teams out to film low-definition video of al Qaeda bombings and then edit it like a piece of news footage. It would be voiced in Arabic and distributed to TV stations across the region, according to Wells.

The American origins of the news items were sometimes kept hidden. Revelations in 2005 that PR contractor the Lincoln Group had helped the Pentagon place articles in Iraqi newspapers, sometimes presented as unbiased news, led to a Department of Defense investigation.

The third and most sensitive program described by Wells was the production of fake al Qaeda propaganda films. He told the Bureau how the videos were made. He was given precise instructions: “We need to make this style of video and we’ve got to use al Qaeda’s footage,” he was told. “We need it to be 10 minutes long, and it needs to be in this file format, and we need to encode it in this manner.”

Lord Bell told the Sunday Times he was “proud” of Bell Pottinger’s work in Iraq. “We did a lot to help resolve the situation,” he said. “Not enough. We did not stop the mess which emerged, but it was part of the American propaganda machinery.”

Whether the material achieved its goals, no one would ever really know, said Wells. “I mean if you look at the situation now, it wouldn’t appear to have worked. But at the time, who knows, if it saved one life it [was] a good thing to do.”
I remember a few years ago reading a piece in the washington post on how US agencies actively falsified videos with regards to Al-Qaeda and even Bin Laden himself to gain traction for war. One insider reveled that the same agencies were actually going to make a video of a guy pretending to be Saddam Hussein abusing little children but they dropped it last minute.

The bottom line is this: they will do whatever it takes to target us and kill us. We have to be stronger and most of all smarter.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.